This Month's Specials

The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old May 5th, 2005, 11:18 PM

General

Slynky is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT: Serenity trailer on-line

Joss (Universal) can't do anything on TV for a set period of time. Seems like 2009 comes to mind. Funny Fox sold the show off as a money-losing dog but part of the agreement was to not produce the show on TV for like 5 years after the sale.

This year at Dragon*Con, Joss, Adam, Nathan, Jewel, and Morena are confirmed. Last year, it was a blast with Adam and Nathan! Adam hung around fans at the oddest hours of the night (till 3 in the morning). They were overwhelmed by the attendance and by the second time there were to appear, they had changed the room to one that held 3 times as many people (because they turned so many people away before).

The trailer looks good and Joss has been talking it up on the forum quite a bit. He's getting excited about the film as it nears release. You should have checked out some of the ticket prices people were selling the sneak preview Serenity tickets for. Over $300 on eBay.

And since I have lusted after Summer Glau since the first time I saw her uncurl, I'm especially excited to see her in what appears to be an expanded role.
Old May 6th, 2005, 12:32 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road

Yes, it is a great thing to behold when a show like Firefly can be taken from a cancelled TV series and turned into a feature film all do to fan support.

And yes, Summer is a very nice looking women. Even if the movie is not good, I will still go see it just to support the effort, but I have a feeling its going to be a good movie.

Ya Adam Baldwin is one of those kind of guys who is down to earth.. According to the DVD extra's the cast really loved working on the show and most rate it as the best working time of their lives.

I had once considered doing a ship set to the series but never had enough ships to formulate a basic set from...

Any ways I look forward to seeing the movie, oddly enough, more so than the last Star Wars flick that is about to be released.
Old July 21st, 2005, 10:34 AM

Brigadier General

Raging Deadstar is on a distinguished road

I bring a very Shiny Gift.

http://www.uip.nl/Pictures/seren/trailer2.mov

The Second Trailer

"Can I make a Suggestion that doesn't involve violence?" causes perplexed look on jaynes face