.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Closed Thread

Old November 6th, 2007, 04:45 PM

First Lieutenant

sum1lost is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Grossly, insanely different PD strengths

By this argument, Tir, Man, Eriu, caelum, machaka, and EA MICTLAN are weak nations. Somehow, I don't think that they are all that weak.

Tip:

When using data like this for evidence, it helps if you have a sample size larger than the possible results.
Old November 6th, 2007, 04:54 PM

Sergeant

Zylithan is on a distinguished road

well, EA mictlan has awesome PD above 20. I guess that's a little extreme, but I'm just saying... you get a (usually) double blessed jaguar warrior every point.

below 20 i reckon not so impressive though
Old November 6th, 2007, 05:07 PM

BANNED USER

Lord_Bob is on a distinguished road

Are you actually claiming 20 Archers and a Commander can defeat a Man PD of 20 without casualities?

I'm sorry, your just gabbering now, and I can't take it seriously. When I took over a hopelessly bungled MA Man in some massive game, EA Ermor tried to waste me TWICE with armies of over 400 men. He has lost over 200 men and 6 mages. All to 65 PD and my research mages backed by 90 longbowman. Now 65 PD is quite high, but we aren't talking about 20 archers and a commander either. We are talking about 400 high quality soldiers and more than 6 mages assisting. That is an ARMY.
Old November 6th, 2007, 05:13 PM

General

lch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Lord_Bob said:
Actually, my full statement is now that Patala, Bandar Log, and Kailasa can NEVER EVER WIN in a non-rush game.
I didn't rush. Patala and Kailasa aswell, I think, are one of the few nations where the mages can forge Clams out of the box. With Patala in perticular, every damn mage you have can forge Clams as soon as you get the Forge of the Ancients up. This is just one of the points where they rule in late game.
Emergency comic relief
Old November 6th, 2007, 05:22 PM

General

thejeff is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Lord_Bob said:
Are you actually claiming 20 Archers and a Commander can defeat a Man PD of 20 without casualities?
No. Different claim.

None of those nations has won any of the MP games listed in the MP forum post you're using as evidence.

Nor has any age of Atlantis or Arcosephale.
Old November 6th, 2007, 05:26 PM

BANNED USER

Wikd Thots is on a distinguished road

The PD is not supposed to be balanced. Each nation has good and bad, and for some of them thats their PD
Old November 6th, 2007, 05:36 PM

First Lieutenant

sum1lost is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Lord_Bob said:

I'm sorry, your just gabbering now, and I can't take it seriously. When I took over a hopelessly bungled MA Man in some massive game, EA Ermor tried to waste me TWICE with armies of over 400 men. He has lost over 200 men and 6 mages. All to 65 PD and my research mages backed by 90 longbowman. Now 65 PD is quite high, but we aren't talking about 20 archers and a commander either. We are talking about 400 high quality soldiers and more than 6 mages assisting. That is an ARMY.
Okay, there is no way you are this stupid in rl. You've got to be trolling.
Old November 6th, 2007, 06:07 PM

Sergeant

OmikronWarrior is on a distinguished road

In general, its understood that PD is going to be different levels for different players. Honestly, I think EA Neifleheim has it even worse. The "leveler", if you will, is that no nation's PD can stop an actual army except by extreme inefficiency in its application. The trick is to keep your own armies behind enemy lines and quickly take back raided provinces while patrolling choke and border points to catch incoming raiders. If you really feel this is to great a burden, then play a different nation. It really is that simple.
Old November 6th, 2007, 06:33 PM

First Lieutenant

Huzurdaddi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Ironhawk said:
So some nations have good PD, and others have crap. Just like some nations have good troops and others have crap.
Is it really true that some nations have 'crap' troops? I don't know about that. Clearly some nations have excellent troops: some through potent sacreds, some through tramplers, and maybe some through martial skill (longbow/principe?).

Are there really nations that have through and through 'crap' troops?
Old November 6th, 2007, 06:47 PM

BANNED USER

Lord_Bob is on a distinguished road

Quote:

In general, its understood that PD is going to be different levels for different players. Honestly, I think EA Neifleheim has it even worse. The "leveler", if you will, is that no nation's PD can stop an actual army except by extreme inefficiency in its application. The trick is to keep your own armies behind enemy lines and quickly take back raided provinces while patrolling choke and border points to catch incoming raiders. If you really feel this is to great a burden, then play a different nation. It really is that simple.

EA Neifleheim gets a Jarl at 20. So I certainly hope you are joking. You are joking, right?
Closed Thread