.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old April 24th, 2010, 10:05 PM

Corporal

BlanketThief is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Adding Population

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavis_L View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispedersen View Post
No, I do not mean the Earth Mother.

there are two goddesses that say something like.. "her presence in the province cause love to bloom and fertility to increase..."
Which one do you mean, then?

There's the Lady of Love, whose description includes "She is blessed with aphrodisiac beauty and....Her mere presence brings love to flower..." I tested her with the same conditions (10 Dom, neutral scales) with no population change.

...or, perhaps you meant the Mother of Rivers, whose description reads "Her will and her great pitcher bring life to the land." I tested her too, no population change (except due to an earthquake on turn 10, which reduced population.)

...or was it the Lady of Fortune, whose description reads "good fortune affects the province in which she dwells"? I tested her for good measure too, no population change.

Is it some other unit, or one of the above?
With the Tlaloque of the East summon that Mictlan has, the text is flavour only. Just tested it ingame and had several turns of no Pop-growth, tested the remaining Tlaloques as well for good measure.

Edit: I fail at reading comprehension, not sure what fertility goddess he's talking about offhand. Perhaps he meant the Lord of Fertility?

Double Edit: By flavour only, I mean that it's not hiding some sort of underlying mechanic, just a way of explaining the +Supply bonus (As well as the 2N on him perhaps?)

Last edited by BlanketThief; April 24th, 2010 at 10:16 PM..