.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old September 16th, 2009, 04:10 PM

General

WraithLord is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sharivar - LA game 4 bussy ppl [discussion&signup]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meglobob View Post
Btw any chance of a link to the map, Wraith? Looked in maps/mods but can't seem to find it.
Yes. Part of Sombre's project for converting old dom-II maps.
Old September 16th, 2009, 04:30 PM

Lieutenant General

archaeolept is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sharivar - LA game 4 bussy ppl [discussion, 8/12]

really, you're that afraid of the competition, even with the game filled w/ your hand-picked buddies?

I made an attempt to have something like a rematch; you rejected my offering.

and ego competitions? who said anything about that? As to claims of lies and slander, I seem to recall you making those accusations.

and post storm? I"ve posted in 3 threads. The game thread, a reply to your posting the win for the game, and in this thread. All are clearly relevant. You have posted in many other threads, and you do not find my posts there. This would seem to be a misstatement on your part, then.
Old September 16th, 2009, 04:31 PM

General

Guys, please take into account that the open settings will be decided by the majority.

As for not "throwing" up games and such we can have some house rules in that regard but I personally this would end up very artificial. let's say we decide something int he vein of:
A. Players are/aren't allowed to pass X gems/items/gold to other player [after turn Y] [in case player is Z in the score graphs] etc.

or
B. Players must defend their VPs with all their might. If they have more than one VP they must divide their forces equally between them. Players are not allowed to teleport/raid/suicide attack or otherwise risk their armies and thus prevent them from defending their VPs.

I'm not saying we can't come up with some plausible formula but how would it be enforced?- Is it even worthwhile to enforce it?- And why go to all that trouble if we can just do RAND?

I think this discussion is way out of scope of this thread. I suggest we stick to diplomacy and trust the players good judgment. And if someone just passed his 400 N gems to allow another to cast GoH and win the game via his tart factory - well, so be it.

That said, your opinions on that matter are of course welcome
Old September 16th, 2009, 04:40 PM

General

Quote:
Originally Posted by archaeolept View Post
really, you're that afraid of the competition, even with the game filled w/ your hand-picked buddies?
Yes, that is 100% true and nothing remotely close to slander

Quote:
I made an attempt to have something like a rematch; you rejected my offering.
Who said anything about rematch?- Why on earth would you want a rematch?- If you are so keen on a rematch then join the next RAND game (whenever that be) with me.

Quote:
and post storm? I"ve posted in 3 threads. The game thread, a reply to your posting the win for the game, and in this thread. All are clearly relevant.
The sheer volume of your repetition is soooo tiring.

Quote:
You have posted in many other threads, and you do not find my posts there. This would seem to be a misstatement on your part, then.
What on earth are you talking about?- What other threads?- And pray tell me, are you now stalking me as well

Drink some beer, play some dominions, just give it a rest man
Old September 16th, 2009, 04:42 PM

Lieutenant General

If you were truly interested in moving beyond this and "giving it a rest" you wouldn't be denying my attempt to join this game in good faith.

And I'm pretty sure that even in those three threads, the number of our posts is about on par.
Quote:
What other threads?- And pray tell me, are you now stalking me as well
wut? you've made posts in strategy threads - reading the forums really doesn't constitute stalking. That's a bit bizarre. I guess you've decided to try to spin this as some sort of persecution of an innocent. Whatever.
Old September 16th, 2009, 04:50 PM

General

Quote:
If you were truly interested in moving beyond this and "giving it a rest" you wouldn't be denying my attempt to join this game in good faith.
Yes, good faith. Coming to the game I host, telling everyone I'm some kind of villain with a mafia of undercover friends hell bent on stealing victory. I truly believe you.

Quote:
And I'm pretty sure that even in those three threads, the number of our posts is about on par.
Yes, on par, a thread I opened for a game I host, game thread in which I'm trying to do an AAR worth a damn, and HoF thread in which I posted game results. All (but HoF) full to chocking with your repetitive msgs. Yes again, that makes perfect sense indeed.

Edit, nitpick, I've made no posts in strat. threads today. How could I, when all I do is read your posts here.

Edit2, Oh, that's getting ridiculous. I should have just ignored you like I promised myself I would. Look, If you ever feel differently and want to open a new page plz let me know. Otherwise please respect my will to stay out of touch.

Last edited by WraithLord; September 16th, 2009 at 05:06 PM..
Old September 16th, 2009, 05:01 PM

Major

Fantomen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sharivar - LA game 4 bussy ppl [discussion, 10/12]

Hi wraithlord, have room for me? I´d like to play Atlantis.

I vote for latest CBM 1.6, would be nice to try it out.

Edit: Jesus Archaeolept, you don´t go around ****ting on people like that. Regardless what they did. You´re making a fool out of yourself to be honest.
Old September 16th, 2009, 05:10 PM

General

@Fantomen, I'm sorry for neglecting to mention this. IIRC the map is not appropriate for UW nations (it only has a small lake in the middle if memory serves). I'll update the first post with this bit. Would you care to select a different nation instead?
Old September 16th, 2009, 05:32 PM

Lieutenant General

Default Re: Sharivar - LA game 4 bussy ppl [discussion, 11/12]

I'm happy to play the fool, I guess. Like I said, the discussion of what happened belongs in its own thread. I was looking to join this game. All I've done is post in three relevant threads, for which I receive abuse. As I keep saying, I'm happy to keep discussion of the events involved in Asiatwist, and the topic of throwing games in general, in its own thread, which I will create later. Any posts since then have been due to my interest in joining another game - clearly this is not it, for Wraithlord's reasons.

Fantomen, I don't see you adding content anywhere on the issue. Hopefully you will have something relevant to contribute to the appropriate thread.

edit: in LA, Atlantis is mostly a land nation, and would work on this map, though I believe it, like LA Mary, should have its capital border on the large lake.

Last edited by archaeolept; September 16th, 2009 at 05:41 PM..
Old September 16th, 2009, 05:52 PM

Major

Fantomen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithLord View Post
@Fantomen, I'm sorry for neglecting to mention this. IIRC the map is not appropriate for UW nations (it only has a small lake in the middle if memory serves). I'll update the first post with this bit. Would you care to select a different nation instead?
If I start bordering the lake Atlantis will be fine, it´s strong on land as well as in water. I´ll test the map to see how I´m placed. Is that ok?

Edit: Well Atlantis plays fine on this map.

Last edited by Fantomen; September 16th, 2009 at 06:11 PM..