ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old November 26th, 2009, 04:28 PM

Major

Marek_Tucan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Grenade Launchers

I have tried giving the AGS-30 its indirect minimal range (1000m) and making a clone in "ligt mortar" class. Made up for a bit of bombardment, but then most of that would be achievable with Z-fire as well, only as lt. mortar indirect the ROF was higher.
Old November 27th, 2009, 12:32 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Ketch View Post
Old post, I know, but figured I'd pipe in and say that I like using the AGl teams for support. I prefer the US 40mm to the Russian 30mm. I particulary like the Hummer monted ones. There, two bits given. Signing off.
I'm rather fond of the USMC AAV-7A1's.
The Mk 19 added to the M2 HMG makes for a nice infantry supression system.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old September 9th, 2010, 10:26 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

Use is diffrent to MGs in my opinion due to low ammo capacity.
You can use them with range turned down to half behind squads like MGs or if have HEAT & hence capability vs light vehicles send with scouts to give defence vs.
But the main use is to get a battle over quickly which normaly means less casulties for you. The Russian idea of a platoon of 6 supports this if your game is big enough to purchase them. I use pretty much as direct fire arty, main goal is to suppress & let the attack commence. You then need to pull them out & reload, ammo containers are not that usefull for this takes 3 turns use trucks/carriers.
Use them vs units in good cover trees buildings rough dug in & leave open spaces & slowing advances to your MGs. I often prevent them opfiring if safe to do so to they are an attack primer & use of often allows taxis to stick there noses out & add their firepower in relative safety. Now you can attack & move on.
This platoon is also handy when you discover ATGMs which are often located in good defensive terrain so having them trail your armour works well to keep the attack going forward.
Its a case of right weapon for the job its not a MG but can fill its role if it has to, but not for long.
Old September 15th, 2010, 03:21 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

Actually I prefer AGLs to HMGs.
Their "splash" seems more effective.
The US 40mm one has HEAT ammo that works nicely on APCs.
They also seem more effective at supressive fire...perhaps it's the "explosion" (whd size=3) effect of the AGL vs the "bullet" (whd size=1) of the HMG.

In my revised USMC OOB the HMG Platoon has 4x HMGs and 2X AGLs (the normal ratio the USMC uses).

The only problem is the ammo issue, AGLs come with at best 20 shots, most HMGs 60-90.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old September 15th, 2010, 04:39 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,872 Times in 1,220 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suhiir View Post
They also seem more effective at supressive fire...perhaps it's the "explosion" (whd size=3) effect of the AGL vs the "bullet" (whd size=1) of the HMG.

In my revised USMC OOB the HMG Platoon has 4x HMGs and 2X AGLs (the normal ratio the USMC uses).

The only problem is the ammo issue, AGLs come with at best 20 shots, most HMGs 60-90.
Jackal MWMIK with 40mm H&K GMG. Best thing since sliced bread for grunt bashing IMHO.

Thermal sights, 50 bursts of 40mm, plus an SFMG and with light armour and rather nippy.

GMGs are best deployed portee IMHO, rather than on a tripod. Portees carry more ammo, and can nip back to the lines when resupply is required.

Cheers
Andy
Old September 15th, 2010, 10:25 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobhack View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suhiir View Post

Jackal MWMIK with 40mm H&K GMG. Best thing since sliced bread for grunt bashing IMHO.

Thermal sights, 50 bursts of 40mm, plus an SFMG and with light armour and rather nippy.

GMGs are best deployed portee IMHO, rather than on a tripod. Portees carry more ammo, and can nip back to the lines when resupply is required.

Cheers
Andy
Got to admit I love them
Old September 16th, 2010, 12:12 AM

Major

Marek_Tucan is on a distinguished road

The veh. mounted GMGs were not worth much... Until they were given the "beaten zone" effect. That change made them into real mean lean fighting machines (until they encounter something heavy enough to kill them, of course )