.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old March 15th, 2007, 04:30 AM

General

Ironhawk is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Quick and The Dead (Accelerated Start) [OP

Ok, looks like we are going to do EA, then.

Don't pick nations, I dont want to have to filter back through this thread trying to pick them all out. Just sign up when I make the game thread. Should be able to do it tomorrow night - I'm gonna hit the sack now
Old March 15th, 2007, 07:15 AM

Sergeant

GameExtremist is on a distinguished road

EA? Cool, I'd like to thank Morkilus for being a stalwart ally, even though our glorious plans failed .

And Kydorias for playing very well, With a 3 pronged assault from Arco, Ulm and Utgard, he rose from the ashes of his capital to crush my main army 3 times before taking my capital.

Any tips on how you thought I could have handled your damned "fog warriors" better? or in general.

Damn I was so close to taking your cap!!!

Then maybe Ulm and I could have put the pressure on Ermor and and.....

gg all. See you next round
Old March 16th, 2007, 12:15 AM

Corporal

Kydorias is on a distinguished road

Great game GameExtremist! I had to admit that I almost turned Caelum over to AI a couple of times. I really thought I was doomed. In fact I would have been doomed if not for the advanced research which allowed me Thunder Strike.

Anyway, in our biggest battle with my forces against your Bazillion Elephants, what lost you the battle was the routing of your forces. You were in friendly dominion while I was in enemy, therefore your general morale level was higher. What caused you to rout was my killing off your chaff. Even though you had a ton of Elephants, they are still part of your overall army and subject to the morale check.

Therefore, if you had brought less chaff (your Elephants were hard to kill by themselves) and/or more Priests to spam Courage, I think you would have won that fight. And since my Pretender was at 105+ fatigue that whole fight due to casting of Fog Warriors (a 300 fatigue spell and I didn't have enough Air Gems to offset the fatigue during casting) you would have ended up slaying my Pretender if your forces wouldn't have routed.

So bottom line, less chaff and a few more Priests and I'm convinced you would have won that fight.

Anyway, my vote for the next game would be for Middle Era since I've already played several MP games in Early Era. But honestly its no big deal, if most other players want EA that's fine with me as well.

--Kydorias
Old March 16th, 2007, 12:43 AM

General

Ironhawk is on a distinguished road

Ok guys, the new game thread is open. Start picking out nations!

Mana Burn: The second accelerated game
Old March 18th, 2007, 03:39 AM

Sergeant

GameExtremist is on a distinguished road

So in the interest in supporting this thread - http://www.shrapnelcommunity.com/thr...=&fpart=1&vc=1

Who do we put down as the winner?

Ermor for 1

or

Ermor for .5 and Caelum for .5

Seeing as they were allies and stuff.
Old March 18th, 2007, 04:37 AM

First Lieutenant

calmon is on a distinguished road

I think i were able to conquer the 4 VPs in 2-3 more turns. I sieged the vanheim capital and had 1 very big army near the C'tis capital.

We just shorten the game.

Well, and caelum and i never declared an alliance with a joined victory.
Old March 18th, 2007, 08:06 AM

Second Lieutenant

Rathar is on a distinguished road

I never really had dealings with either of your countries in the last game but I am unsure whether that makes me biased or overly unbiased or..?

Either way My "Yes it's St. Pats day and I've had a few beers (tm)" opinion is that although Ermor never declared a clear alliance with Caelum and that, IMHO, Ermor would have utterly annihilated alllll comers had our game gone longer, it should be considered a dual victory because the majority of opposing players perceived the two of you to be in cahoots.

My personal take on things? Ermor made an advantageous deal with Caelum which helped Caelum to stay alive and to indeed flourish but gave Ermor the situation it required to win the game.

I personally view them as both winning, mountains and uhh forests(?) for Caelum and the rest for Ermor as Caelum stated. Nod nod...

If one insists upon Qualitative decisions I say 68% Ermor and 32% Caelum but whatever.. The next game is going to be way fun.

Rathar