.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old November 14th, 2007, 05:44 PM

Major General

Meglobob is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hosting change

Tried to do my turn a couple of times but my empire was just too big, so give up in the end.

It was all the scripting I would after do, to compete against your tartarians/fire kings...
Old November 15th, 2007, 01:54 PM

Major General

Valerius is on a distinguished road

Aethyr and I have talked it over and we feel the two of you have played the best. If we did continue playing I don't think Atlantis and Pangaea could stop C'tis.

So that means either a win for C'tis or a combined C'tis/Caelum win if the two of you decided to do that.
Old November 15th, 2007, 06:52 PM

Major General

Meglobob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Valerius said:So that means either a win for C'tis or a combined C'tis/Caelum win if the two of you decided to do that.
I effectively conceded when I went AI.
Old November 15th, 2007, 09:54 PM

Major General

Valerius is on a distinguished road

Then I think we can declare C'tis the winner. Congratulations, Amhazair - very well played game. It was an educational experience fighting you (mostly a losing experience, but educational). Well, at least I had one victory (albeit with castle walls to hide behind and my pretender to help out). Out of curiosity, were you surprised with the master enslave? I figured you knew I had an oracle but I wasn't sure if you thought it had high enough astral for that. I also have to say I thought you'd be more inconvenienced with my stealing GoH and the Chalice then you turned out to be.

Aethyr and Meglobob, you were great allies - it was fun working together. Good game, everyone.
Old November 16th, 2007, 01:08 AM

First Lieutenant

Aethyr is on a distinguished road

Amhazair, I'd like to add my congratulations as well. Trying to survive agianst you has actually helped me sharpen my game play in my other games. Thanks for the education.

Valerius/Meglobob, it was great working with you. Thanks everyone for a great game.
Old November 16th, 2007, 04:04 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Amhazair is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Valerius said:
Then I think we can declare C'tis the winner. Congratulations, Amhazair - very well played game. It was an educational experience fighting you (mostly a losing experience, but educational). Well, at least I had one victory (albeit with castle walls to hide behind and my pretender to help out). Out of curiosity, were you surprised with the master enslave? I figured you knew I had an oracle but I wasn't sure if you thought it had high enough astral for that. I also have to say I thought you'd be more inconvenienced with my stealing GoH and the Chalice then you turned out to be.

Aethyr and Meglobob, you were great allies - it was fun working together. Good game, everyone.
I had tons of fun in this game myself too. I've been at war with one nation or another without stop from turn 6 or so. (hey, we knew it was a crowded map when we started out) I had my first experience of facing a water nation on equal terms (R'lyeh), and for the first time ever I managed to dominionkill someone (Arco). I also seriously liked the swampy background flavor - and playing style - of MA C'tis (I hadn't played them before) and also had fun dealing with it's funky dominion. (Good call on the design Kristoffer, it forces you into some thinking that's unique to the nation) Then of course there was the seriously schizophrenic thread talk by the confused nation of Mictlan to lighten up ones' day. And with all of that it was still only midgame.

Valerius, you're not the only one who found our war educational. With all your different earthquakes, bloodlettings, wrathfull skies and master enslaves you managed to cause horendous losses on my numerically superior and magically diverse armies. I felt I had to pay a terrible price for each yard of blooddrenched ground I gained. And I was definitely seriously inconvenienced by loosing GoH and the Chalice. I cursed a lot at loosing them, and I lost a lot of options because of it. Oh, and I did not expect the master enslave, otherwise I would not have dared enter your castle. In fact, I went in without scouting it out first somewhat against my better judgement, because in between Caelum just having declared war, and your three assesins killing of some of my best mages I didn't feel I had the luxury of wasting time. That was one gamble that seriously didn't pay off though.

Aethyr: I'm glad you enjoyed the education. I remember actually reaching endgame in my first MP game in a strong position, and then suddenly being hit by veteran Calmon in the clash to win the game. It felt like being run over by a truck...

Kristoffer: It's been really fun to see you taking part in forum stuff so much over the summer. Two of the friends I talked to about this game went to download the demo just because 'wow, the developper actually talks to you and plays with you?' Unfortunately this isn't the kind of game that will appeal to them, but still, the point remains. Good luck surviving work now that you've returned to it.

Meglobob: Damn you. Since the moment I started realising that Pangaea and Atlantis were going to cost me lots of time, effort, and resources to beat - and thus started to expect you to win this game - I've been looking forward to congratulating you on your win, and then being able to add: 'but now you can't go around telling people how I allways beat you anymore' But now you've cheated me out of that pleasure too!
Old November 17th, 2007, 08:06 AM

General

Kristoffer O is on a distinguished road

Hi all!

Thanks for a good game! As previous posters said: it has been quite educational. Also it has been a lot of fun!

I would like to thank Meglobob and davegg for their educational efforts

I think I should sign up for a new game. Probably as Ulm or LA Abysia
Old November 17th, 2007, 08:19 AM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough

Aha Kristoffer, well in that case I will start a new game, if you are ready to play again. Everyone wants to play with you I think.

What era do you fancy?

Incidentally I'm extremely impressed with you coming in the top few using MA Mictlan which was considered a very weak nation, and losing your first war. Your pandering to GrayZ was very entertaining and I suspect very cunning.
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs
Old November 17th, 2007, 08:45 AM

General

Kristoffer O is on a distinguished road

I think I would like a LA game. Perhaps with slow research. At least if the game is as big as this one was.

But it is perhaps better if I play with standard settings. And I think MA Ulm is in more need of aid. Also I have more ideas for them in store atm.

No need to be impressed. The relative strengths of nations are not that important. Position, neighbours, diplomacy, opportunities and sheer luck (I had a lot of this early on) are way more important.