.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > After Action Reports
Notices

Old January 13th, 2009, 11:10 PM

Captain

RERomine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DAR: Poland

Turn 24

Still a few spry enemy units left, but not many. One enemy squad ended up with one of my tanks. They traded shots, leaving the enemy unit routed. No enemy artillery this turn, but my counter battery is having is effective on the battery I targeted. One more enemy tank showed up and the immobilized tankd from last turn was destroyed.

Casualties

Friendly: Zero.

Enemy: One FT-18 tank destroyed and estimated 20 casualties.

Last edited by RERomine; January 13th, 2009 at 11:34 PM..
Old January 13th, 2009, 11:41 PM

Captain

Turn 25

A few of my squads advancing through the woods stumbled into ambushes, but that was expected. I'm going to get out of the woods except in areas where it the shortest distance to a flag. I tore into other running enemy infantry units and destroyed another tank as well. They should be out of tanks, but I saw one Taczanka at the road intersection and took a few shots. I'll finish it next turn. One enemy infantry squad was bypassed and took a few shots at me from behind. That's a good way to die. I turned one more flag. Seven left.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 5 casualties.

Enemy: One FT-17 tank destroyed and estimated 30 casualties.
Old January 14th, 2009, 12:11 AM

Captain

Turn 26

No ambushes this turn. A few die hards putting up resistance, but I'm pushing forward in all sectors. One spot where the enemy refugees are concerntated is on the east-west road just west of the interection. I'm moving tanks and infantry up and cutting them to pieces. The two infantry units that ambushed me last turn were hit back this turn. One I managed to manuever a tank to get some shots at. The other moved forward into another infantry squad I had the area, so the ambush was reverse. Two Taczankas were destroyed by tank machine gun fire. The enemy artillery came back to life, but is shelling places where I've been and not where I'm at.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 2 casualties.

Enemy: Two Taczanka SPAA units destroyed and estimated 20 casualties.
Old January 14th, 2009, 12:29 AM

Captain

Turn 27

Lost one of my small tanks to an ambush in the woods. Without half tracks, I'm forced to send my infantry on foot through the woods and I don't have enough to clear them completely. I'm trying to keep my armor in supporting range, but obviously I missed one infantry unit. Two of my squads are lagging behind and they would actually have been the ones that would have cleared this area. Time is becoming a factor, so I have to be a bit more rash. I've got it won, but I want to get the decisive victory.

Casualties

Friendly: One PzKw IId tank destroyed and estimated 5 casualties.

Enemy: Estimated 20 casualties.
Old January 14th, 2009, 12:46 AM

Captain

Turn 28

Found the infantry unit in the woods that destroyed my tank and clobbered it. My forces are pushing hard right now. I turned one more flag and am close to four more. There is only one left near the back edge of the map. I'm not sure I will get to that one. All my units south of the east-west road are heading northeast to towards the road, except one platoon which is set up to block any enemy trying to push west. I want to try to cut off the enemy retreating down the road. It seams like it's loaded with troops. One tank section left the infantry behind and is dashing for the road. If I can clear the road, my armored cars may still make it to that back flag.

Casualties

Friendly: Zero

The Following User Says Thank You to RERomine For This Useful Post:
Old January 14th, 2009, 01:08 AM

Captain

Turn 29

Turned two more flags, so I've got three to go. I might have forgot to mention I turned one last turn. Close to two of the ones left. My tanks got to the road, which engaged some enemy there. Hit one enemy mortar with some "counter battery". Nothing like a tank at point blank range Once I finish with the mortar, I'm going to move those tanks after the back flag, because they are the closest to it. Encountered the enemy HQ unit and sent it running as well. A routed army needs a leader.

Casualties

Friendly: Zero

Old January 14th, 2009, 01:25 AM

Captain

Turn 30

My tank section on the road is still working on that mortar. It's running, but not dead. The enemy is swarming all over the road. It's good they are all routed. There are a couple of infantry AA machine guns running with them. A unit or two farther north have a little life left in them, but not enough to stop me. A marksman showed up near a flag I'm covering with a scout unit. I'm going to send back one armored car to support the scout. Artillery has been plotted on two known locations of Polish 75mm howitzers.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 2 casualties.

Enemy: Estimated 15 casualties.
Old January 14th, 2009, 01:36 AM

Captain

Turn 31

My point tank section lost one tank to a hidden Bofors. At least the crew survived. I don't have time to be delicate about getting to the last flag, so I guess I have to let that one go. I got one of the others and am 100m from one more. Enemy units on the road got chewed up pretty well. Not many left. The mortar was abandoned. Enemy off board artillery started to counter my on board batteries, so they will be running soon.

Casualties

Friendly: One PzKw IIIb/d (s) tank destroyed.

Enemy: Estimated 30 casualties.
Old January 14th, 2009, 01:45 AM

Captain

Turn 32

I've got 20 out of 21 flags and have to be happy with that. The last one isn't worth the risk if trying to get to knowing there are Bofors out there I haven't even located yet. A few enemy infantry units are moving to flags I just recently captured, but they are covered so I'll hold them.

Casualties

Old January 14th, 2009, 01:50 AM

Captain

Turn 33

Picked off a few more isolated enemy units, but for the most part am holding my position. Enemy artillery is pounding the cross roads, but I left there a while ago.

Casualties