.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old June 24th, 2008, 09:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

Wokeye is on a distinguished road
Default meh

Meh, all this talk about stuff using very long words makes my head hurt. To that, I say:

GG Devs!

<---both a science and art student at some point in life.
Old June 24th, 2008, 11:16 PM

BANNED USER

Omnirizon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Showing our appreciation for the Devs.

Quote:
JimMorrison said:
Quote:
Omnirizon said:
sincerity is a construct; it is meaningless save as a method of deluding people into preserving a social hierarchy.

i'm authentic because i remain true to my typcial detached, irreverent, and deconstructionist self. thus i tell honey he is being saccharine and this thread's a little too sweet yadda yadda yadda.

sincerity is meaningless. a construct. an illusion. a delusion. there is no such thing as intrinsic sincerity.

First, your statements show a deep sense of sociopathy - you may need to do some soul searching, the unfortunate part is that if you cannot empathize with others, you cannot seek therapy, you can only help yourself.

Second, your semantic separation of the concepts of sincerity and authenticity, as regards human behavior and expression, are erroneous. The fact being, that if you are being "authentically" yourself, you are in fact "sincerely" expressing yourself. Therefor, in the context of authenticity, you are as sincere as the rest of us, when you express your inability to empathize with others.

And lastly, since upholding your personal authenticity is a sincere expression of yourself, you are also a hypocrite, and should at least choose to either authentically describe yourself as a hypocrite, or sincerely seek to change that aspect of your psyche.

So OT! The internet is a strange place, a fact that becomes so glaringly obvious any time anyone even attempts to do anything that isn't based in egotism, cynicism, arrogance, or sheer stupidity.

Thanks for the psycho-analysis, Hannibal Lector. You want some Fava beans and chianti with that liver?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVlkZVAw8Gc

fwhhT-T-T-T-T

EDIT: hannibal lector rather. fixed.
Old June 25th, 2008, 02:08 AM

Captain

Saxon is on a distinguished road

I am not sure the guys who came up with blood sacrifices and doom horrors are into the mushy, feel good stuff. Can we just send them beer? I think they would appreciate that appreciation.
Old June 25th, 2008, 02:39 AM

Sergeant

Leif_- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I think it's hard for a lot of people to express themselves well, or even to avoid being an ***, but people care about your game. Do I think people should say it more often?

For a couple of Swedes they're not entirely despicable.

What? This is how Norwegians show appreciation.

But seriously, I'm impressed with the amount of work and the attention to detail they've managed to put into the game. For two guys working out of their bedrooms (or garages, saunas, snickarbod or whichever) it's downright amazing. Considering the depth of the game and the numerous patches they've supplied, years after the game was released, I can honestly say that not even Civilization IV has given me the same value for money.
Old June 25th, 2008, 06:33 AM

Corporal

DaveCG is on a distinguished road

Like I keep saying, best £25 I've ever spent, it's the game that keeps on giving.

My thanks, honestly.
Old June 25th, 2008, 01:14 PM

Brigadier General

Johan K is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the kind words guys! Guess I'll have to make yet another patch then
Old June 25th, 2008, 01:19 PM

Lieutenant General

Xietor is on a distinguished road

I think our devs are awesome, but apparently that sentiment is not universally shared, as someone is clobbering KO in Kingmaker(:

Of course it may be someone who has long thought Yomi needed a boost and is trying to drive the point home. Who knows.

But yes, if you guys are ever in new orleans dinner and drinks are on me. Just pm me a bit before you come so i can prepare.

I can even take you on a Swamp Tour to make my case for Alligators in the Miasma!
Old June 25th, 2008, 01:29 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Saxon said:
I am not sure the guys who came up with blood sacrifices and doom horrors are into the mushy, feel good stuff. Can we just send them beer? I think they would appreciate that appreciation.
Ive often thought about sending beer and pizza to one of their work sessions (maybe send along with a not so subtle note thanking them for working on my favorite map or server wishlist item?)
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old June 25th, 2008, 01:39 PM

General

Kristoffer O is on a distinguished road

> I think our devs are awesome, but apparently that sentiment is not universally shared, as someone is clobbering KO in Kingmaker(:

Yes, yes! I'm totally innocent. I would never attack a neighbor, would I? It was just some undisciplined oni doing what oni usually do. I had nothing to do with it

Unfortunately the feast turned sour. The beast-men would not be hunted as proper beasts.
Old June 25th, 2008, 01:54 PM

Sergeant

Tichy is on a distinguished road

Me and my Ph.D. in Philosophy sincerely and authentically have no idea what's going on in the Omnirizon debate. So don't blame us, please!

I'll just wish our fine devs happiness as Aristotle defines it: "a complete life of virtuous activity"...They've got the virtuous activity bit down, it seems.