This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old July 1st, 2006, 04:43 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I Don\'t F***ing Believe This

The drivers were stable for a day then XP updated and thus the conflict occured. Honestly I think its just that for some reason HP designed comps don't like addon video cards. I disabled my on board video card years ago when I installed my GeForce card. Occationally the computer would crash after waking up from hybernation... the screen would get all funky looking. However the PC never had a failure to boot until two days ago when all sorts of hell broke loose. Honestly I don't really know the specific cause. I can only report what I have seen and speculate as to causes.

However if the problem does occur again, I will most assuredly go back to the old 8X.XX driver.

Thanks for all the insight and help guys. You people make being a member on this site a very valuable thing.
Old July 1st, 2006, 03:10 PM

Corporal

ToddT is on a distinguished road

Hmm AT may not be completelty jumping gun on MS update creating problom with Vidoe drvs. for my lapt thees easliy a a half dozen patches issued by the manufacture to address issues caused by various MS updates, one of which would cause the system to freeze up.

For Example Anyone familiar with the Battery drain bug? It was the direct result of fix by MS and after about 6 to 9 monthes they finally fixed it.
The one thing the Comes to mind was the newer Nvidia drv using some undocumanted WXP feature that MS fixed. That is a problem that has cropped up in the past.
Old July 3rd, 2006, 01:21 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road

Here is a response I got from Nvidia regarding the latest driver conflict with XP.

Quote:
Thank you for contacting NVIDIA Customer Care.

We recommend you to please revert back to Forceware version 84.21 since, there is a bug in 91.31 version and will be fixed at an undisclosed date in the future.

Please visit the link below to download Forceware 84.21 versions.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_84.21.html