War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old March 16th, 2007, 09:52 AM

Corporal

Shan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Jaegerkompanie added...

Ok,

I'll continue like that - and find a solution for the names as well, I'll have a look at other OOBs for comparison.

- I believe we must have 155mm cluster ammo, but some artillery guys once told me that they are never fired in practice because they r so devastating (which means: too expensive ;-))... are you sure was have none?
- So we got no other light A/T weapons until today, no PzF3 or anything like that at all? Let's build some Molotovs then, in case the Russians are coming... hehe, would be fun to equip our infantry in the game with Molotovs from 2004 onwards...
- We did use the 9mm tracer practice bullets and you are right, cadre often has no idea about international designations but we had some fanatics who did... so how's the Miniman alled internally and until when should it be kept available?
Old March 16th, 2007, 10:13 AM

Corporal

Shan is on a distinguished road

On unit classes:

We'll run out of infantry unit classes if I continue establishing specialized units all the time - and as the main deal is to have reduced exp and/or morale, but weapons remain the same, it will do to use the normal Jaeger squads wherever possible. The problems arise with the specialized forces, using M1 carbine and MP-40 (until when? 1979 would make sense - StG77 introduction...) - if I use the same class for them as well, then the players will end up having mabe 15 different Jaeger squads to choose from, including those Jagdkampf units that should not be part of regular formations... and if you buy a company, you'll have to look at the platoons first and then remember to choose the correct one... quite annoying, so I'll try to avoid that an probably have to re-organize a lot.

Same is true for the platoon command squad (and the company commander)- Siddhi said a compromise would be to give it a sniper rifle(or maybe some F/C and/or vision rating), but I managed to free up space in the Jaeger platoons to keep both snipers independent - this, however, renders this 6-man squad very vulnerable - well, maybe a good thing, as it should not be used in close combat anyway.
Old March 16th, 2007, 11:00 AM

Corporal

Siddhi is on a distinguished road

clusterammo: you're right, I checked (didn't think we have it!) m84/155mm, so should be included.

you know, if you did fire the 9mm then it was the PAR67 (same here), but i was told then and just recently again that "for combat" we used the m72, not for practice, as it uses a rocket and not a tracer round, i'm getting confused - sometimes you cannot even trust a general staff officer...anyway PAR67 was miniman so PAR70 has to be the LAW.

molotvs: i also forgot them, totally vital and even part of training for the "jagdkampf" boys, maybe instead of the satchel charges for the "old Jagdkampf" units (m1)

The "Jagdkampf" units should always have the option for using the "old" equipment (until 1996, last such unit disbanded IIRC, but make it 200x if easier)because of the huge amount of such equipment in storage (enough for 1 million men...)and simply b/c the caches/bunkers/depots used were all set up 1972-1984 (roughly).

Can't comment on the class issue, sure you can do it better then me
Old March 16th, 2007, 11:08 AM

Corporal

AMX is on a distinguished road

Regarding the MRL:
According to R. M. Urrisk, the launchers were put on Steyr 680 in 1972, and rebarrelled for Yugoslavian 128mm rockets from 1988-1989.
Old March 16th, 2007, 11:15 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,872 Times in 1,220 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Guys

Please could you take this to private email, and post the final result only.

These forums are for game support and not for online blow-by-blow development of somebody's OOB project. That you should do yourselves away from this forum.

Cheers
Andy
Old March 16th, 2007, 01:18 PM

Corporal

AMX: thanks for the input

Andy, the reason we are doing it this way is not only for ease of communication but also to be open to other contributions, both in terms of SPMBT gameplay as well as accuracy- which is what I understand is the core idea of this forum, i.e. "the WinSPMBT community"

This is also not "someone’s OOB project" (although Plasmakrab will use it for his mod) but an attempt to be able to provide you (the developers) with a more accurate OOB and therefore a more enjoyable game. Notice nobody is talking about modding rifle values etc but OOBs, as has been done repeatedly in other threads.

In effect this is a for-free service provided for your fans to help develop your product. I was under the impression that such contributions were welcome - I would personally would not invest the time unless I believed that at least in principle CammoWorkshop (and therefore Shrapnelgames)would be interested in adopting this.

If instead you are worried about security implications; all information is, in effect, public. There are NO security implications - I am actually a bona fida working member of a national security institution and you can be sure I would not post information that I have even with the slightest of doubts as to classification. The only thing I worry about is the amount of office time I have invested in this.

If there are other reasons why our activity here is unwelcome it would be nice if you could tell us why.

Otherwise I have a difficulty understanding why such enthusiasm on part of your community is unwelcome on your forums - if Tim Brooks has no interest in our passion for this then clearly I've gotten something wrong and all of this has been just been a waste of time.
Old March 16th, 2007, 07:51 PM

Contributions are fine, but these fora are for completed OOB projects.

We do not do on-line OOB development here - that you can do offline amongst yourselves. Space is not limitless, and we really have absolutely no need for every incrementally modified OOB file and detailed discussion document between yourselves in these support forums. Please take that to email between yourselves (there is a PM system for you all to swap emails etc.).

By all means - whenever you have a finished OOB to post, do so. Some of the other user community might be interested.

Cheers
Andy
Old March 18th, 2007, 09:47 AM

Corporal

If "space" is really the issue, would it be sufficent not to upload any files until there is a finished product? Hard to imagine text taking up that much space - there is little activity on these forums anyway. PM and email both have the disadvantage of not allowing contributions from outside the group, and these already have been useful.
Old March 18th, 2007, 07:51 PM

You have been told what these forums are for, several times - please abide by that. I'm not going into a circular argument here.

Andy