.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old May 22nd, 2009, 04:28 PM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough
Default Re: CPCS v. 0.61 - Major bug fix!

I think they are effectively just independent spells. So for example in my big watery spell for Oceania, the elemental summons carry on happening, all for different lengths of time, after the main spell is cast. If possible you'd want to make the "blink" effect into a cloud I guess.

I haven't read the spell properly so sorry if this is nonsense!
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs
Old May 23rd, 2009, 12:09 AM

Colonel

Burnsaber is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamabeast View Post
I think they are effectively just independent spells. So for example in my big watery spell for Oceania, the elemental summons carry on happening, all for different lengths of time, after the main spell is cast. If possible you'd want to make the "blink" effect into a cloud I guess.
You're right, I didn't make the blink effect into a cloud. I thought that it would constantly "recast" the nextspell each turn automatically. Will be fixed for the next version (which will be made once the CPCS mp games give some playtest data) I'll have to take a look if this affects some other nextspelling clouds in the mod (Befoul comes to mind at the moment).

If CPCS wasn't so full on spell-slot hogging already (althought I'll probably manage to scrape of a couple of nextspells in the next version), I'd probably make a cloud spell that gradually decreases in effectiveness.
Old August 11th, 2009, 05:07 AM

Colonel

Ok, this mod will be next in my updating marathon. The theme of the update is to reduce the amount of spell slots this mod takes. I'm thinking of scraping off 8 spell slots (to bring this mod into using "only" 70 slots).

Here are spells I was thinking of revising for the next update.

D/E -- Fall to the Grave: It's just so.. clunky. Both gameplay wise and thematically. It also takes 2 spell slots

D/W -- Styxian Baptism: This is just too niche for a spell that uses 3 spell slots. I've seen it used against me in Unsanity and wasn't impressed. It's just too hard to hit enemies with the AoE.

D/S -- The Curse of the Four Horsemen -- I rather like this spell, but not so much that it'd be worth of 5! spell slots.

If anyone has any ideas on replacing spells, be sure to share them!
Old August 11th, 2009, 09:52 AM

BANNED USER

Frozen Lama is on a distinguished road

Call drowned- i've used it, and it seemed really not worth it especially since it costs a D gem. maybe if it summoned two or three guys, or didn't cost a gem. just my opinion. thanks for the mod btw!
Old August 11th, 2009, 05:01 PM

Major General

Gregstrom is on a distinguished road

I've only used a couple in Unsanity, as there's not much the mod does for BL. Maybe I've missed something in S/N...

Want to use multiple mods? The Mod Compatibility Index might be useful.
Old August 12th, 2009, 03:57 AM

Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Lama View Post
Call drowned- i've used it, and it seemed really not worth it especially since it costs a D gem. maybe if it summoned two or three guys, or didn't cost a gem. just my opinion. thanks for the mod btw!
I'll probably boost the amount ghosts summoned. I still remember Dom:PPP and how summon lesser elemental spells didn't cost a gem back then. It was *insane*. One has to be careful with no-gem summons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregstrom View Post
I've only used a couple in Unsanity, as there's not much the mod does for BL. Maybe I've missed something in S/N...
S/N has "Fortuna's Meddling" which is great for army vs SC encounters. The spell affects half of the battlefield and all those who fail an easy mr check get Astral weapons (all weapons AN), Luck, Twist Fate and MR boost. This should be great for Bandar Log, AN "Sticks & Stones" could be pretty freaking brutal. Thorns of the World Tree is pretty good too.
Old August 12th, 2009, 10:14 AM

BANNED USER

Trumanator is on a distinguished road

Thorns almost seems tailored specificaly for Marverni. I love it!
Old August 20th, 2009, 04:28 PM

Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumanator View Post
Thorns almost seems tailored specificaly for Marverni. I love it!
Glad to hear it. I didn't specifally tailor it for anyone thought, I was just hypnotized by the idea of combining curse
,entangling and poison to cause lots of afflictions.

But anyways, new version.

I can proudly announce that this version uses only 52 spell slots! This should make the mod a *lot* more compactible with serious mod comboes.

Important changes.

- Got rid of UW-only combat spells. They belong to UWGIM.
- spell "Rush to Doom" removed.
- Several spells changed, mostly by reduced researchlevels and fatiguecosts.
- Complete revamping of 3 spells.

Curse of Four Horsemen replaced by this
Quote:
------- 1D1S - Gaze of Azrael: "With menace, the caster will point some opposing soldiers and invoke the true name of the Angel of Death. Directed by the caster, Azrael will devote his attention to the poor mortals. Should the targets magical resistance fail, their flesh will start to age at an supernatural rate. The Angel of Death is guardian of eternal rest and if his attention is drawn upon undead units, he will cleanse their presence from this plane." (Mr negates or decay. also cast "Dust to Dust")
Thau lev 2, R:25, AoE:1, Fat:25, UW+, MR+
Enforce Natural Balance replaced by this
Quote:
------- 2ND1 - Plague of Insects: "The caster conjures thousands upon thousands of small insects to plague a small area on the battlefield. Unless the targets are heavily armored, the insects are likely to sting the targets to death. Inanimate targets are unaffected, althought some undead might catch some Maggots, who'll start feasting on the affected undead. Ethereal units are rarely affected by this spell." (physical non-elemental damage. All squares affected by this spell will also be targeted by "Maggots" spell)
Conj lev 4, R:25+, Fat:35, NoE:3+, AoE:1, Dam:19+, Prec:-2, UW-
Fall to Grave replaced by this
Quote:
------- 2D1E - Withering: "This spell manifests a horrible phenomenon into the battlefield, which takes the form of grey cloud of dust. This gray dust is physical manifestation of death magic and will dissolve all matter it comes into contact with. All those who fail to resist the malevolent magic will have their bodies severely afflicted and suffer from rusting armour. This spell is extraordinary effective against constructs, sometimes crublimg them to fine dust." (MR negates or suffer from disease,rusty armor, limp and weakened, also nextspells "Shatter")
Thau lev 4, R:25+, Prec:0, Fat:40, AoE:2+, UW+, MR+
The Following User Says Thank You to Burnsaber For This Useful Post:
Old April 6th, 2010, 09:35 AM

Colonel

Default Re: CPCS - Version 0.8

I'm thinking of doing an update for this mod and replacing some problematic spells. If someone has any feedback regarding a spell in the mod, now is your chance to say something and get it fixed.

Here is a small list of spells I'm not really happy with and I'm intent on replacing.

Celestial Ice (W/S)- AI likes it a bit too much and the cold aura can cause some annoying friendly fire

Animate Manikins (D/N) - A bit boring and death has enough combat summons already, besides, I'm pretty sure that the increased amount of effects with corpses is not working

I'm not sure with what I'll replace these spells, but I have some ideas:

-Cloud spell that deals some sort of "mr negates" buff (but what?), since there is currently no spell in this niche. Perhaps the seasonal winds (Winds of Summer/Fall) could be cloud spells?
-Transformation spell to turn people into frogs, since we are currently missing on the chance to do this classical witch spell (N/W? or perhaps N/S or S/N?)
-A spell that would bless "not-sacreds" (this would obviously need a huge drawback)
-A spell using the effect number 17 (Song of Bravery), I have tested it and it grants +5 morale, but the effect wears off in 2-5 turns.

I'll also do a bit of tinkering with some spells, like:

- "Fall of Muscle and Steel" -> Increased AoE
- "Grip of the Marshlands" -> Make hit friendlies too, increase range to 25, perhaps small prec boost?
- "Shocking Pour" -> +1 to damage
-beef up the spells that reguire gems with boosted AoE.

Last edited by Burnsaber; April 6th, 2010 at 09:44 AM..
Old April 6th, 2010, 10:21 AM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road
Default Re: CPCS - Version 0.8

My original conception for winds of spring involved it being a cloud spell anyway. So as far as I'm concerned go ahead They're quite fine spells in their current form too though.

If you want to make "the classic witch spell" you have to do it with E/N! Because those are the paths that witches get in game. It would be weird having that spell and witches being totally incapable of casting it.

Perhaps the "bless not-sacreds" spell could #nextspell soulslay? That should be a pretty significant drawback.... I don't think it would be unreasonable either, because that can be a very powerful effect. I'd consider making the spell mr-negates too.
"Easy-slay(TM) is a whole new way of marketing violence. It cuts down on all the red tape and just butchers people. As a long-time savagery enthusiast myself, I'm very excited about the synergies that the easy-slay(TM) approach brings to the entire enterprise." -Dr DrP