.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old May 18th, 2011, 06:53 AM

General

WraithLord is on a distinguished road
Default Re: YARG2 , 24 players EA RAND game [7/24 players left]

Evidently we decided to cont.
May we know who was TNN player who went AI?
Old May 18th, 2011, 07:11 AM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road

Actually no, the game is officially over. I was just waiting back to hear from everyone still. Today I heard from fomoria, who a few other people's votes were contingent upon, and the consensus seems to be that TC was going to win soon and there was no point in going through the effort of finding a sub to continue the game. Good game everyone. Congratulations TC on your victory!

Here's my player list:

1. Yomi - Dimaz
2. C'tis - Calahan
3. R'lyeh - WraithLord
4. Ulm - WingedDog
5. Atlantis - Isokron
6. Fomoria - Slobby
7. Ermor - Alpine Joe (temp subbed by vfb) (subbed by valerius)
8. Kailasa - TwoBits
9. Agartha - Squirrelloid
10. Mictlan - Frozen Lama
11. Tir na n'Og - Agusti
12. Arcoscephale - Don Pablo
13. Hinnom - Danbo
14. Pangaea - LumenPlacidum (temp subbed by Ferrosol)
15. T'ien Ch'i - Psycho (subbed by dimaz)
16. Lanka - yandav
17. Oceania - Graeme Dice
18. Helheim - ghoul31
19. Sauromatia - Rytek
20. Caelum - Lingchih
21. Vanheim - GameExtremist
22. Abysia - Aethyr
23. Niefelheim - Stagger Lee
24. Marverni - Kheldron

Apologies to any subs who aren't listed there, I lost my player list for a while and wasn't able to update it for a time. So if you're not listed, please speak up so we know you were there
"Easy-slay(TM) is a whole new way of marketing violence. It cuts down on all the red tape and just butchers people. As a long-time savagery enthusiast myself, I'm very excited about the synergies that the easy-slay(TM) approach brings to the entire enterprise." -Dr DrP
Old May 18th, 2011, 07:14 AM

BANNED USER

Calahan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithLord View Post
Evidently we decided to cont.
May we know who was TNN player who went AI?
Doesn't everyone already know? Since the TNN player revealed his identity before the game even started. (or at least he did to those paying attention)

And mainly posting to congratulate the TNN player on the most pointless ever existence in a MP game of Dominions, as your presence in this game was the most utterly pointless waste of time I have ever witnessed in my 3+ years of playing MP games. You really should get an award for it I reckon, as it truly was masterful the way you managed to do nothing at all the entire game.

I do not understand why people even bother playing MP games if they have no intention what-so-ever of interacting with the other nations in the game. If you want to play a sandbox game, then go fire up Sim City or Sim People or whatever. If you are just happy to survive, then go play some Tower Defence game. But most of all keep out of MP games, as your "sit there and do nothing" approach for 80+ turns isn't wanted by anyone (who enjoys playing good MP games).

------
Edit - Ah, rdonj jumped me it seems with the final list. Congrats to TC on the win.
Old May 18th, 2011, 07:19 AM

General

Wow. Finally. Hurray

Congratulation to Psycho and Dimaz. You played awesome and fully deserve this victory in one of the most epic games I have ever been part of.

Slobby, you did great too. If you wanted a good chance to win you should have fought TC though

As for me, Isokron neutered me most of the game and made sure I won't be a deciding factor in the end game. Well done Isokron, you fought like a ninja from hell
I really struggled with the mechanics of EA R'lyeh and how to make it work so the made the game extra fun for me.

And most important a big thank you to rdonj who did a superb job admining the game.
Old May 18th, 2011, 07:24 AM

General

Yes. I might phrase it less harshly but I basically have to agree with Calahan.

I was practically warring non-stop from day 1, even when it was obvious that TC would win. I really can't fathom why some nations just decided to do nothing at some point.
All the time I was thinking, why are they doing nothing?- What's the point?
I'm more tolerant to this behavior but I'm really puzzled as to why it exists.
Old May 18th, 2011, 08:13 AM

First Lieutenant

Dimaz is on a distinguished road

Wow. Suddenly.
I'll write something tonight, it was pretty interesting game for me so it deserves some AAR
Old May 18th, 2011, 09:46 AM

Corporal

don_Pablo is on a distinguished road

As for me I was surprised when Fomoria attacked me (Arco).
I was going to attack TC when found myself at another war.
Old May 18th, 2011, 10:16 AM

First Lieutenant

Dimaz is on a distinguished road

And you don't know how I was surprised when both nations I was sort of afraid of attacked someone else on the same turn. That was the turn when I declared TC as the winner to my wife
Old May 18th, 2011, 12:06 PM

General

Yes. for me it was like that.

A. Finish game long war with Atlantis.
B. Lick my wounds a bit. look around. TC is winning but surely Fomoria would attack it since he can also be in good position to win.
C. The turns go by. Ok, deep breath. Any second now Fomoria would attack TC. For sure Arco + TNN would join in and by then I'd have enough AotF and summons to exercise power on land and join as well.
D. In the meantime I'll put some minor effort to take Ermor. I can't sit idly by. right?- too boring
E. Fomoria attack Arco. What???- And I was thinking - congrats TC. Fomoria's decision just won you the game
Old May 18th, 2011, 07:19 PM

Sergeant

Slobby is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithLord View Post
Yes. for me it was like that.

A. Finish game long war with Atlantis.
B. Lick my wounds a bit. look around. TC is winning but surely Fomoria would attack it since he can also be in good position to win.
C. The turns go by. Ok, deep breath. Any second now Fomoria would attack TC. For sure Arco + TNN would join in and by then I'd have enough AotF and summons to exercise power on land and join as well.
D. In the meantime I'll put some minor effort to take Ermor. I can't sit idly by. right?- too boring
E. Fomoria attack Arco. What???- And I was thinking - congrats TC. Fomoria's decision just won you the game
Heh I find all this Fomoria hands the game over to TC talk quite funny. I'll do a more in depth as to my choices in a follow up post/wrap of the game, but for now just going to concentrate on the Fomoria gave TC the win talk.

Point C of WL I'll take a stab at first - namely because with a no diplo game there is no guarantee that a team gank would occur, mostly because you don't know what the other players are thinking/doing. If I had gone after TC there was just as good a chance that they would come after me as TC, seeing how TC was the big bad wolf in this game and not I. Also you'd have to count on every player playing to win.

As both WL and Cal pointed out already the player behind TNN didn't do jack, and I found it funny that the turn after I attacked TNN the player went AI.

Also if anyone had an awesome chance to stuff TC from gobbling Ulm it was Rlyeh and not I, but you just sat in your beachhead right next to Mictlan with your big army, threatening me. I could also point out that Arco could have scored some of Ulm's caps as well, but that didn't materialize either.

Furthermore regarding TC they actually won when WingedDog bowed out and Ulm was subbed. The sub that came in played worse than the AI. I watched many a battle between Ulm and TC and got a measure of what each was about. WingedDog's defense was pretty awesome. Watching the subs defense well...I was pretty disgusted by it. Especially the defense of Ulm proper when it didn't even look like the Ulm sub scripted the army.

I knew then that TC had the game unless I could steal caps faster than TC could. And so I made up my plans and embarked on a 4 line/front assault on Arco/TNN with the plan to either get my fifth from Ulm or Arco. But that didn't go as planned on the southern front. Nice job Arco .
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slobby For This Useful Post: