.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old November 23rd, 2009, 09:27 PM

First Lieutenant

Anaconda is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fracture - LA Game, We're full - pre-game hassle.

GoG works, lets PLAY!

Anaconda blogi: voimasta _ ja _ kunniasta
Old November 24th, 2009, 03:12 AM

Captain

Quitti is on a distinguished road

Anyone else have objection to the last man standing? Holding capitals has it's merits but it always requires someone to actually go through the trouble to actually verify the claim, which admittedly is not a big trouble, but is trouble still
Old November 24th, 2009, 07:02 AM

Captain

After talking with a couple of people from the game, Squirrelloid talked reason into me to adding an capital based victory. So, either control 7 capitols (one of them can be yours) for 3 consecutive turns (this claim must be verified by an external party, preferably someone from these boards that most if not all of us can trust). Another mean to victory will be the concession by other remaining players.

Mainly this is to make the last dozen or so turns of such an game unneccessary where people just gang up futilely on the player who claims a victory. This also means that you should be aware of other players caps, preferably have a scout or astral window or scrying them regularily to see what is the status of that cap. You don't have to inform others of how many capitals they are controlling if you do not want to, but of course you can boast about it if you think it's worth it I presume people don't have strong objections about this, or don't simply care about the issue so much. If there are objections with good enough reason for it, it can be rethinked. 7 capitols mean that you must control 1/3 of the capitols in the game, and are pretty much winning the game. If two players can make the claim on the same turn, well, they will have to fight for an eight one or see which loses one first

Also, controlling the cap means that you own the fort in it (as is with the victory points, which I will not enable for this game as it would make capitols easy targets). Sieging the fort does not count as owning it, and being sieged while owning the fort counts as owning it.

I will shortly be making the game available on the llamaserver. Enjoy the play, and further questions can still be directed to me by PM or posting into this thread.

Edit: I added a link to the map file of Glory of the Gods we are using to the main post, but here it is again. I don't think you need the map file to play, but if you wish to use it for your own pleasure, well, here you go. It is by no means perfect, but it is better than the original one.

Last edited by Quitti; November 24th, 2009 at 07:12 AM.. Reason: Added info about the map.
Old November 24th, 2009, 07:23 AM

Captain

Slight update, it seems the name Fracture had been already used some time in the past, so this one will be called Fractures instead. Use that to submit your pretenders, the game is now ready to recieve them. Make sure to have CBM 1.6 enabled when you create your pretender so we don't have to unneccesarily start the game again

Last edited by Quitti; November 24th, 2009 at 07:33 AM..
Old November 25th, 2009, 08:31 AM

General

vfb is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fractures - LA Game, Upload pretenders

The map linked to here:

http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Fractures
(http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showpost.php?p=652080)

Actually doesn't have start positions modded, as far as I can see.

Also, the map is missing a connection from 71 to 85.
Whether he submitted the post, or whether he did not, made no difference. The Thought Police would get him just the same. He had committed— would still have committed, even if he had never set pen to paper— the essential crime that contained all others in itself. Thoughtcrime, they called it. Thoughtcrime was not a thing that could be concealed forever.
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?
Old November 25th, 2009, 10:29 AM

Second Lieutenant

Stagger Lee is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fracture - LA Game, We're full - pre-game hassle. One spot free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quitti View Post
I'd also like to hear if people need a slowdown/whatever for thanksgiving (Which I believe is on this thursday), as we presumably have a couple of players from US.
I should have responded sooner, but I won't be near my computer on Thursday (Thanksgiving). I think we may be ready to go today, so is there any way we could do a relaxed sort of start, or just have first turn due Fri eve? NY is GMT-5
Old November 25th, 2009, 10:34 AM

Second Lieutenant

I was just looking at llamaserver. What's Chelms?
Old November 25th, 2009, 10:40 AM

Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagger Lee View Post
Chelms is LA Man. And we can take a slight break on tomorrow, if we get the game going before then
Old November 25th, 2009, 10:55 AM

Captain

vfb, you were right. I tweaked around, and now you can't start in middle of a swamp or waste, on the outskirts perhaps, but not in the middle. Also removed all water starts with only 2 neighbors (this means a few corner provinces and chokepoints) in the western sea. Didn't touch the eastern one. Overall poor start positions on land should've been mostly removed. I also added connection to 71 <-> 85.

You still won't be needing this to play afaik, but just to make sure and to let people use it in the future, here it is.
Attached Files
File Type: zip glory_multiplayer_mod2.zip (5.6 KB, 115 views)
Old November 25th, 2009, 01:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quitti View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagger Lee View Post
Chelms is LA Man. And we can take a slight break on tomorrow, if we get the game going before then

I've only had the game a month or so and this is the first look I've had outside the early age.

I was just reading the manual though and did you guys know LA Ermor doesn't need to spend money and resources on troops? They just appear. Like magic. How cool is that?