Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 65
MP Noobs & Vets: Rise of the AI Menace. EA, BI. Game Over. Team ACGHHS wins! - Page 93 - .com.unity Forums
.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old January 8th, 2010, 01:11 AM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Noobs & Vets: Rise of the AI Menace. EA, BI, Running.

Oh, and welcome to the game stagger lee. I wish you well, though not too well
"Easy-slay(TM) is a whole new way of marketing violence. It cuts down on all the red tape and just butchers people. As a long-time savagery enthusiast myself, I'm very excited about the synergies that the easy-slay(TM) approach brings to the entire enterprise." -Dr DrP
Old January 8th, 2010, 02:29 AM

BANNED USER

chrispedersen is on a distinguished road

Whose interested in turn 0?
Old January 8th, 2010, 02:32 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Septimius Severus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispedersen View Post
Whose interested in turn 0?
I know, it says turn '0' but the stats therein are actually for the current turn. I don't know why. I've spoken to Gandalf about it.

Welcome Stagger.

Team roster update:

Stagger Lee will be replacing Immaculate as Tir na Nog for the Blesseds.

Be harmonious, enrich the soldiers, and scorn all other men.
-Emperor Septimius Severus, to his sons shortly before his death, quoted in Dio Cassius (77.15.2).
Old January 8th, 2010, 02:42 AM

General

Hey, you forgot to mark c'tis/ermor as dead.
"Easy-slay(TM) is a whole new way of marketing violence. It cuts down on all the red tape and just butchers people. As a long-time savagery enthusiast myself, I'm very excited about the synergies that the easy-slay(TM) approach brings to the entire enterprise." -Dr DrP
Old January 8th, 2010, 02:52 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdonj View Post
Updating the main post now. Ermor is still alive. C'tis and Agartha are officially dead. Those poor souls. They fought the good fight and now they are dead.

-Emperor Septimius Severus, to his sons shortly before his death, quoted in Dio Cassius (77.15.2).
Old January 8th, 2010, 03:54 AM
Major General

Squirrelloid is on a distinguished road

I sent a substantial sum of gold to Mictlan which seems to have never arrived. This is rather unnerving.

Is Fomoria pirating our cash shipments, and his 'unexplained increase in wealth' is the result of his nefarious pillaging? Is the explanation rather more bizarre or simply benign?

Regardless, its demonstrable that, given the buys made in my submitted turn, it does not account for my income during that turn. My submitted turn also ended with 0 gold as would be plainly evident by someone examining the 2h file. As messages cannot be reviewed (seriously, whose bright idea was that? Its absolutely moronic), I can't actually look at the messages to confirm the message was sent as advertised, but the cash is most assuredly missing.
Old January 8th, 2010, 04:42 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelloid View Post
I sent a substantial sum of gold to Mictlan which seems to have never arrived. This is rather unnerving.

Is Fomoria pirating our cash shipments, and his 'unexplained increase in wealth' is the result of his nefarious pillaging? Is the explanation rather more bizarre or simply benign?

Regardless, its demonstrable that, given the buys made in my submitted turn, it does not account for my income during that turn. My submitted turn also ended with 0 gold as would be plainly evident by someone examining the 2h file. As messages cannot be reviewed (seriously, whose bright idea was that? Its absolutely moronic), I can't actually look at the messages to confirm the message was sent as advertised, but the cash is most assuredly missing.
How dare you Squirreloid! I'm shocked, I tell you, shocked! at such charges.

Seriously though, rollbacks may cause oddities to happen that is the only explanation I can think of. The only possible remedy to such things is to implement further rollbacks which would doubtless compound the problems. Rather than getting mired in rollback after rollback or rolling back multiple turns, we should probably just press on and try to avoid them in the future. It was for your benefit, although is was not your fault that it was needed.

Last edited by Septimius Severus; January 8th, 2010 at 04:49 AM..
Old January 8th, 2010, 05:00 AM

BANNED USER

chrispedersen is on a distinguished road

Sorry Sep, this isn't sufficient.

Not only did I not get money - we did not get magic items.
Restating this - at least two magic items were sent, that did not get received by any of our team.

We understand the problems that rollbacks cause but the cause of the rollback was not *us*.

However, in the interests of causing the *Minimal* amount of disruption to the game, we are willing to submit our turns to melnorjr or gandalf. We are willing to cancel or change only the transfer orders (transfer of gold, magic items). We are willing to have him do the changes, to guarantee that that is the only thing that changes.
Old January 8th, 2010, 05:16 AM
Major General

Squirrelloid is on a distinguished road

I have bug reported this. It appears there is a 20 message limit, after which all further messages disappear into the ether. This is not documented *anywhere* that I can find, and there is no warning that the 21st+ message will not be received.

Re:Chris's suggestion
I am certainly willing to provide instructions supplemental to the manifest actions in my 2h file regarding sending of things to my teammates. The poor message interface makes this hard to correct without redoing the turn from scratch, unfortunately, but should a neutral party be willing to recreate my turn as previously done excepting the sending of some items, I will accomodate such a plan.
Old January 8th, 2010, 05:57 AM

General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septimius Severus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdonj View Post
Updating the main post now. Ermor is still alive. C'tis and Agartha are officially dead. Those poor souls. They fought the good fight and now they are dead.
Wow, did I say ermor? I corrected myself internally at least 3 times :/

Quote:
Team ACGHHS issues...
Ugh! You're all just jealous about that longbow of accuracy I got off of a lucky event this turn, admit it Stop breaking the game, squirrel!

I am willing to grant you guys this rollback, but seriously, this is just too much. I am not looking forward to having to redo this turn (it's already basically done, pending some possible alterations tomorrow that probably won't occur). And I am certain there are people with worse turns than me. At least last turn we all knew there was something screwy going on before anyone even took a look at their turn files.

And let us make sure someone is willing to do your turn for you before we decide anything about a rollback. Also, let's make sure you didn't accidentally send the items to someone else. This can easily happen, and if it did there is certainly no reason to do a rollback.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but I really hate rollbacks. I'm just waiting to see what my team is cheated out of getting this time.