.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Old November 26th, 2003, 06:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

SurvivalistMerc is on a distinguished road
Default Immortal Pretenders

I'm still a newb and thinking that an immortal pretender might be the way to go in my next game for variety. I also like the idea of sending him or her in and not worrying about death. I got a little experience with the phoenix in the demo and loved it.

Then something occurred to me...dominion constantly changes and shifts, right. What may be your dominion today may not be your dominion tomorrow.

Suppose this: You have dominion of 1 in a particular enemy province with a large army you would like to take over. Your enemy just made a temple there. Unknown to you, the enemy is sacrificing blood slaves and has a prophet in the province as well as 3 preachers trying to preach up the dominion. You probably aren't going to have dominion there next turn but you don't know that. You move your immortal pretender in to attack.

If you die...do you die permanently? Or was that candle you saw sufficient to guarantee that you will continue to live if you die? Just curious.

SM
Old November 26th, 2003, 07:05 PM

Captain

johan osterman is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Immortal Pretenders

Quote:
Originally posted by SurvivalistMerc:
I'm still a newb and thinking that an immortal pretender might be the way to go in my next game for variety. I also like the idea of sending him or her in and not worrying about death. I got a little experience with the phoenix in the demo and loved it.

Then something occurred to me...dominion constantly changes and shifts, right. What may be your dominion today may not be your dominion tomorrow.

Suppose this: You have dominion of 1 in a particular enemy province with a large army you would like to take over. Your enemy just made a temple there. Unknown to you, the enemy is sacrificing blood slaves and has a prophet in the province as well as 3 preachers trying to preach up the dominion. You probably aren't going to have dominion there next turn but you don't know that. You move your immortal pretender in to attack.

If you die...do you die permanently? Or was that candle you saw sufficient to guarantee that you will continue to live if you die? Just curious.

SM
Dominion shifts after battle, so if you attack a province that is stated as having friendly dominion your immortal pretender will be reborn.
Old November 27th, 2003, 01:26 AM

Second Lieutenant

SurvivalistMerc is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Immortal Pretenders

Thank you. This is good to know.

Rituals come before combat according to the manual is why I asked. It's good to know that blood sacrifice doesn't count as a ritual.