.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old October 15th, 2005, 12:51 PM

Corporal

Beeg is on a distinguished road
Default \"Kiowa Down\" scenario playtesters needed

Hi all,

Just about completed my first scenario (worthy of upload) and need some folks to test if for me, provide feedback, etc.

It's concerning the US rescue mission in Tal 'Afar, Iraq in Sept. 2004 against numerous Insurgents, as depicted in the Military Channel's "Kiowa Down" documentary. The following is from their website...

"A 'routine mission' in Iraq on Sept. 4, 2004, turned into a raging firefight for Stryker troops with the 3rd Brigade, 2nd Infantry Division, Scout Platoon, and B Company of the 5th Battalion, 20th Infantry Regiment, as they fought off heavy fire (including 60-mm mortars and RPGs) in a rescue mission launched after Iraqi insurgents shot down a Kiowa helicopter and swarmed to capture it and the two pilots. Kiowa Down has all the action and drama of Black Hawk Down, but with a happy ending. The soldiers of 5-20 said this mission was the most intense fight they had encountered since being deployed in December 2003. B Company killed 66 enemies, and the Scout Platoon killed 46. (There were also 17 wounded.) The number of Americans killed in action: zero. There were only five U.S. wounded, in addition to the two pilots."

Instead of posting the unfinished product here, I'd appreciate anyone interested contacting me at: bgerver@comcast.net and I'll send it in a 'zip' file.

Thanks in advance,
Beeg