This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old August 18th, 2014, 10:34 AM

Private

KuntaStillS is on a distinguished road
Default Some units won't fit in platoon transports.

As an example, the Swiss OOB features the 'Mech Gren Pl' which has the big 11 man panzergrenadier sections and the 9 man tow grenadier, however it also includes a choice of two vehicles, an 8 or 9 capacity piranha. You can fit the Tow Grenadiers in the 9 man piranha, but you can't fit the normal panzergrenadiers in either vehicle, nor does the 8 man piranha have the capacity for either squad.

Also the Israeli AT-ATV Grp has two spike teams of 3 men, and two ATVs with 101 capacity.

Is it intended to be this way, like were the vehicles just to support the panzergrenadiers and not provide transport, or was it only intended for the Tow Grenadiers and the generic panzergrenadiers had to be included due to engine limitations? I can see the Israeli ATVs being just for scouting ahead of the ATGM's, but it doesn't seem practical to buy expensive piranhas for a bunch of infantry that will refuse to stuff themselves into it clown-car style.
Old August 18th, 2014, 02:17 PM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Potion Re: Some units won't fit in platoon transports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuntaStillS View Post
As an example, the Swiss OOB features the 'Mech Gren Pl' which has the big 11 man panzergrenadier sections and the 9 man tow grenadier, however it also includes a choice of two vehicles, an 8 or 9 capacity piranha. You can fit the Tow Grenadiers in the 9 man piranha, but you can't fit the normal panzergrenadiers in either vehicle, nor does the 8 man piranha have the capacity for either squad.
The Grenadier 90+, units 307, 308 are 11 men squads of heavy infantry. You could try the PzGrenadier 90+ (unit #127 & 128) as they are listed as heavy mech infantry of 8 man teams.

In MobHack copy/paste Mech Gren Pl to any slot greater than 900. Change name of formation to something like Mech Gren Pl+ and commit changes. Then change the first three units to 127 or 128 and commit changes followed by saving current file.

Or,

Buy the Mech Gren Pl. Go into Deploy screen, select each of the grenadier units, press the R key, and select the PzGrenadier 90+ unit of your choosing replacing the three grenadier units, and finally load the platoon onto the vehicles.

I think you may have uncovered an error in sourcing as the Grenadier 90+ are not mech infantry units.

I would prefer to leave the OOB alone UNLESS I was working several Swiss scenarios or plan to at sometime. However, if you choose to modify the OOB, you should save the modified OOB in the custom folder.

Hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to shahadi For This Useful Post:
Old August 18th, 2014, 02:36 PM

Corporal

Pats is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Some units won't fit in platoon transports.

SWISS obat053
Units 305, 306, 307 and 308 should have only 8 or 9 man troops.

I changed that (and more stuff) in my own version, it's downloadable under http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=49809