.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old August 6th, 2007, 09:27 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Reverend Zombie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Server

Quote:
Sir_Dr_D said:
The server is down again.
A recent power outage here seems to have fried my server, so the game is permanently defunct.

I hope it was close enough to finished for you all to call a winner.
When that they find nothing but waste...

Old August 6th, 2007, 03:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

Sir_Dr_D is on a distinguished road

Sure...
I have been planning to be able to cast undead mastery for ages. That inolved first reasearching up to constuction 8 so I can make a sceptre of Dark Regency. Then I need to go to enchanment 8 to be able to cast lichcraft, to get a castor high enough of a level to cast it. I made a mommentary diversion to get to evocation 8 to cast Maelstrom. Then at the climatic momment when I am finally at Thau 9 and have scripted my lich to cast undead mastery, that is when the server goes down.
Old August 6th, 2007, 04:04 PM

First Lieutenant

Tyrant is on a distinguished road

Dagnabit, that's no good. I'm afraid it was not decided at all and was going to be down to the very last turn. Very frustrating.

Well thanks for hosting Rev, and sorry about your server.

Good game to rest of you- well played all through Sir_Dr_D, and that was quite an epic struggle Xox (though a foolish one on your part) you held back the Tide of Death with the tide of Madness for a long time.
Old August 7th, 2007, 12:48 AM

Second Lieutenant

Sir_Dr_D is on a distinguished road

Even if the game did last till the dominion victory was met, the game would have still been close and not felt finished. As it was I, Atalntis, did have the upper hand. I was ahead in dominion, research, income, and gem income. I was just about to take Abysia's capital which would have given me a sudden surge in dominion. Plus I had just reached undead mastery, and ermor also had R'lyeye and Jomon to deal with.

But ermor was just slightly behind and there was still some stunt that Ermor could have pulled to change the tide. By the sound of it Tyrant had some sort of plan.

That was a lot of good attempts there to break through my defensises Tryant. Some of those, such as the fliers caught me off guard. (and I don't know why the flyers weren't more effevtive then they were. They did get to my commanders.) What really saved me a lot of the time was the Ankh which caused any of my guys that died on the battlefield to come back as a zombie.
Old August 7th, 2007, 04:23 AM

First Lieutenant

Tyrant is on a distinguished road

My next attempts to break through would have featured Mass Flight and signifigantly increased quntity of Shadow Blast. With the dominion victory looming, my low research, and the easy research done all the mages were getting equiped and sent out to fight. I believed that decisive victories against your large and so far invincible forward armies would have let me sweep forward on all fronts and bring my hordes to bear. Whether that would have been enough temple burning to swing the war is hard to say.

I did not realize that you were that close to finishing off Aby, that very well might have put you over the top. I was pushing the crazies back and picking up candles, but no way i would have finished them off before you crossed the finish line.

I take it from your post that you don't care for the Dominion victory. It's the first time i have used it, and i kinda liked it, though it would have been a pretty pro Ermor setup had i not forgotten we were using it and made my dominion strength 7
Old September 10th, 2007, 09:54 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Reverend Zombie is on a distinguished road
Default Zombie server resurrection

The machine I was using to host this game is working again. Is anyone interested in resuming?
When that they find nothing but waste...