ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old February 14th, 2007, 11:32 AM

Corporal

Siddhi is on a distinguished road
Default v2.5 scenarios not running on v3.0

a custom made scenario created on 2.5 is displaying bizarre behavior on 3.0. The scenario was backed up in a seperate file and then added to the fresh 3.0 version.

In particular, I have units "disappearing" from the map in-game when played by the AI side - for instance a mech-BTR platoon appears on turn 2 as ordered, however it appears dismounted and the BTRs are nowhere to be seen (o/c this does not happen in the orginal 2.5 game) - to make matters worse the BTRs appear in the HQ Chart (and can be located via the "next unit in formation" funcion) but are simply not on the map.

This problem does not seem to happen when the side is human-controlled, however if you save the game, exit, restart and put it on AI it immidietly disappears (obviously play 1 turn, save, exit, open save file and put two player).

No editing of the current scenario was done in 3.0, all work was done in the previous version.

I will try to upload the save file and scenario tomorrow, but would appreciate comments ahead of it.

Also an aside: suddenly I have russian engineers chucking RPO-Shmell rounds 14(!) hexes, IIRC the sighted range is 400m (8 hex),at which the round is already however very inaccurate.
Old February 14th, 2007, 12:05 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,709 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: v2.5 scenario not running on v3.0

And who created this scenario and what OOB's were used to create it ? If it's one issued with the game I will look at it, if not, it's not anything I can do anything about.

It IS possible for game files to be corrupted totally unrelated to anything the game does or does not do. We have seen examples of this before where sceanrios simply stop working correctly and need to be rebuilt.

You might try loading it in the editor then saving it in another slot and see if that clears things up. It has been known to work in the past for other problems related to scenarios going awry.

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle..
Old February 14th, 2007, 12:34 PM

Corporal

as i said, it is a custom scenario (i.e. i made it), and it uses the standard 2.5 OOB

it worked perfectly well on 2.5 and is totally nuts on 3.0. i have no idea why this is, as i invested a lot of time in it i would like to very much play it on 3.0 (i like the much-increased LAW accuracy) and share it with others.

the only slightly unusal game design feature of the scenario is that it is max width (160 hex? IIRC) and only 90 high.

i will try your suggestion and will post a report on it - i can't believe i am the only one with such a problem.

S
Old February 14th, 2007, 02:45 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Siddhi said:
i will try your suggestion and will post a report on it - i can't believe i am the only one with such a problem.

S
Well..... so far you are. I'm sure we would have heard some howling about it by now if all the previous scenarios were borked

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle..
Old February 15th, 2007, 09:56 AM

Corporal

acutally not, I have recieved two PMs on this matter, however both mention the fix you suggested as having been succesfull - unfortunatly it does not work for me at all.

i would very much appreciate some concrete suggestions/help here, redoing this scenario from scratch would be major pain.

Cheers,

S
Old February 15th, 2007, 11:08 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

You have had all the "concrete suggestions/help" I can give you. I have NO idea what may have happened without at least SEEING the sceanrio and this is your third post on this issue and I'm still waiting

I will repeat what I said earlier..."We have seen examples of this before where sceanrios simply stop working correctly and need to be rebuilt."

OK ? Sometimes they break. It very rare but it happens. Attach the files and I'll look at it. Further "suggestions" are a waste of time untill I see it

Don

Old February 15th, 2007, 05:54 PM

Corporal

fair enough.
here's the file; units that should appear on turn 2 mounted in BTRs (on Sov AI side) appear without BTRs (although BTR is indicated on the formation screen.
appreciate the help.
S
Attached Files
File Type: zip 496607-DuffScenarios.zip (97.8 KB, 63 views)
Old February 15th, 2007, 06:26 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

It would help to know the exact formation numbers of the units you have noticed misbehaving

You didn't run this through scenhack. If you had you would have seen this error message

Problem units list

Spanocchi's Dream III 10/84
===========================

026 - Rifle Section - OOB 46 Austria (OOB Index 203) [Weapon slot 3 = 5]
042 - Kuerassier(+) - OOB 46 Austria (OOB Index 8) <Slot 3 bad AP Ammo>
043 - Kuerassier(+) - OOB 46 Austria (OOB Index 8) <Slot 3 bad AP Ammo>
044 - Kuerassier - OOB 46 Austria (OOB Index 8) <Slot 3 bad AP Ammo>
045 - Kuerassier - OOB 46 Austria (OOB Index 8) <Slot 3 bad AP Ammo>
119 - Kuerassier(+) - OOB 46 Austria (OOB Index 8) <Slot 3 bad AP Ammo>
123 - Kuerassier(+) - OOB 46 Austria (OOB Index 8) <Slot 3 bad AP Ammo>
238 - Kuerassier(+) - OOB 46 Austria (OOB Index 8) <Slot 3 bad AP Ammo>

That may, or may not be the the solution to your problem but without knowing the exact units you have observed doing strange things ( you will notice the strange things better than I will because it's YOUR sceanrio, not mine ) I cannot do much for you ATM

Those Kuerassier's come up with errors becasue you added AAMG's to them and then gave them 50 AP ammo and that weapon does NOT have AP penetration numbers ( it's set to zero ), therefore whatever you shoot at will be using zero when it hits so those AAMG's are totally useless in the game.

Don

Old February 15th, 2007, 06:48 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Default Re: v2.5 scenarios not running on v3.0

Quote:
Siddhi said:
In particular, I have units "disappearing" from the map in-game when played by the AI side
are you playing this AI vs AI ?

Don

Old February 16th, 2007, 10:33 AM

Corporal

Default Re: v2.5 scenarios not running on v3.0

very interesting DRG, thanks for that, i will have a go at restoring the Kurassier AAMG rating to HE (i put AP as they are in fact armed with AP, I did notice that in other OOBs AAMG also have HE but thought it was in error).

I will fix the units in question and see if it makes a difference. The "disappearing units" were on the "other" (soviet) side, but perhaps my bugg contributed to it. If it still does not work I'll provide more details. I'll let you know how it goes.

BTW I am presuming that I will have to do the mods in 2.5 as the scenario was designed there, is that correct?

To answer your other question it is single player (Austria) game, but to localise the bug I saved the game and then switched sides.

Cheers,

S