.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Digital Eel > Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space > Scenarios and Mods

Old February 11th, 2008, 02:45 PM

Private

spilth is on a distinguished road
Default Hitchhiker\'s Guide Mod?

Hello all,

I just purchase Weird Worlds a few days ago and am having a lot of fun with it. One thing that always draws me to a game is the ability to create mods for it.

Has anybody ever considered doing a Hitchhiker's Guide mod for the game? I did a quick search on the forum but didn't find anything. I've started to poke about with the mod system and am currently working on adding the Vogons [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Envy.gif[/img] to the game but have started a list of other potential additions.

Anybody ever go down this route or have interest in working on it?
Old February 11th, 2008, 09:57 PM

Corporal

clomaka is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hitchhiker\'s Guide Mod?

i haven't seen such a mod, probably because there aren't too many ships (and they aren't very well described). but i like the idea of 'the adventures of arthur dent' . the game already makes a ton of references to the hitchhiker's guide.
Old February 11th, 2008, 10:56 PM

Private

spilth is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hitchhiker\'s Guide Mod?

I guess being Arthur Dent could be one of the mission types :-)

Another Mission Type could be "Field Researcher for The Guide" , where you explore as many planets and find as many strange items as you can.

And maybe "Find Magrathea" could be the third mission type.

I haven't looked closely at the mission system yet, so I don't even know if those goals are possible.

I just thought it would be neat to populate the game with the planets, places, items and ships of the H2G2 universe. The tricky part is determining WHEN the game takes place...

Or maybe it would be more fun to just have all the races and places in the game, regardless of when they existed.

I was thinking a side-effect of using the Infinite Improbability Drive (if possible) is that sometimes things on your ship disappear (like Esmerelda stealing things)