.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old March 21st, 2007, 10:43 AM

General

WraithLord is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Interesting

Quote:
FrankTrollman said:
By reminding other people of Meglobob's past betrayals, I personally make betraying me a worse apparent deal. This means that the cost of betraying me is apparently higher than if I just let it go. This in turn makes my current allies more likely to continue a war with Ermor even after my army got the big smack down from the Lord of Rebirth.

That's true in general, but as for myself, I like to play it straight so I tend to keep to my word.
Besides, I'm still looking to get *my* big smack from Ermor
Old March 21st, 2007, 11:35 AM

Major General

Meglobob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Velusion said:
Wow - now that was an interesting battle Meglo...
Certainly was, I really, really was not expecting you to cast master enslave, enslave mind yes but not master enslave. Killed by own turncoat troops...
Old March 21st, 2007, 12:29 PM

Colonel

Velusion is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Meglobob said:
Killed by own turncoat troops...
You can console yourself when you look at the number of leaders you killed of mine... Oooooouch.
Old March 21st, 2007, 03:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

cupido2 is on a distinguished road
Default The true story of Grebeg

Learn the true story of Grebeg:

At last, Grebeg, the beautiful, vegetarian lady from Atlantia, stood shivering in front of the giant ice doors of Caelum. She had an urgent message from the careing beloved Godfather to the Lord of Caelum. Bloodthirsty monsters were seen in the ocean, heading to Caelum! The wise and old Godfather, who was called "Granddaddy Seaflowers" couldn't help but send his only daughter to warn the foreign people. He always said: Strangers are just friends you haven't met.
It was a dangerous journey and only her love and her joyous soul kept her alive, as Atlantis was without money, Granddaddy Seaflowers had nothing more to give to his daughter than his trust and love. (All money earned by the Godfather is donated to benevolent causes.)
She knocked at the icy doors and was lead to the Lord of Caelum. "Whaddas you buisness 'ear?" the Seraph barked "cant ya see we planning attack on the beasts o' Pangea? *@#°!$ !!" "My dear lord of Caelum" the maiden answered "Please I have urgent news of my Father, the good Godfather of Atlantis! Monsters are on their way to Caelum! We could help you fight them, but we need 300 gold for the care of the wounded, widows and orphans, because there will surely be injured or even dead Atlantians in the battle." "Mwuah wuah wuah!" the Seraph lauged "Only dead fish smell good. We luv teh smell of rotting fishes as much as of rotting Tien Chi's who we will fight after extinction of animalz of Pangea." "Oh no, my lord," the maiden said with widening eyes, "not the cute and lovely animals in Pangea and not the friendly, hardworking Tien Chi's!" "Oh yes, we love the meat and need the fur of the Pangean beasts to manufacture toiletpaper and furcoats against the cold. And to manufacture these, we need Tien Chi slaves. Mwuah hua hua. Otherwise we couldn't let open our fridges, that's where the cold comes from. Mwuah hua hua." "Oh no, think about the CO2-emissions and the energy-spoilage!" Grebeg shouted with tears in her eyes, "I begin to think that you are not a nice man." "How dare you!!" the Seraph shouted "for that insolence my evil army and I will destroy your temples, pillage your provinces and litter the coastlines with plastic-things from six-packs so all seals, dolphins and other cute animals will suffocate!" After being sexually harrassed by the Seraph, Grebeg was kicked out of the doors and left to herself. Silently crying, she began the long way home, while the evil army of Caelum began to drink all the beer they have robbed so far to gather the plastic-things and to get brave enough to attack the defensless province.

Poor Grebeg, please make her laugh again and donate 1000 gold to Granddaddy Seaflowers, Atlantis.
Old March 21st, 2007, 04:40 PM

Major General

Meglobob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Velusion said:
Quote:
Meglobob said:
Killed by own turncoat troops...
You can console yourself when you look at the number of leaders you killed of mine... Oooooouch.
Well that was pleasing, it was annoying how I did not get your 2 main 5S ones, I reckon those are going to cause me some grief!

Btw well done on enslaving some of boguses dudes, not encountered that before in MP, getting a few free thugs is always cool and your 100% guarenteed there magic items.
Old March 21st, 2007, 04:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

Manuk is on a distinguished road

How can you use magic items if they are controlled as units and not commanders?
Old March 21st, 2007, 05:44 PM

Major

Hadrian_II is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The true story of Grebeg

It seems that caelum decided that they dont want to be our enemies. That is very nice as now Atlantis is out of funding and will fall quickly.

We hereby ask Atlantis to unconditionally surrender before us, as we are beginning to forge Manuals of Water Breathing and also, celestial beings from other planes are being summoned. You have no chance to win! We offer you and your people to lay down arms and join us as slaves or else be killed.

We had to find out, that shambler stew has become very famous in our costal provinces. We want now to ask if its moral to eat shamblers like fishes, or if we should bury them like people.

Also the Celestial Masters want to know what CO2-Emissions and plastic-things are as they never heard about such things and are thinking the leader of Atlantis might be delusional.
Old March 21st, 2007, 06:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

cupido2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The true story of Grebeg

We are not at war with you, Hadrian. Do you declare now war on me??
Pah, we will throw the manuals of water breathing to the rings of water breathing we bit off the fingers of your consorts we catched sniffling around our palace... Errr, I mean: we found them on the poor things that must have been attacked by wild nasty sharks. They are a real threat to the sea life!

Anyway: Rings of Water breathing to sell! Do I hear any bids? Soon in our shop: Manuals of waterbreathing! Reserve them now!
Old March 21st, 2007, 06:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

FrankTrollman is on a distinguished road

Deleted.
Old March 21st, 2007, 07:11 PM

Major General

Baalz will become famous soon enough

However, there are spells that steal commanders and preserve their commanderness. Hellbind Heart and Charm are two, not sure if there are others (though not what was used judging by the context).