Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Closed Thread

Old August 6th, 2006, 02:34 PM

Private

Georg_Wiezen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Blood idea

Hey narwan!

Why you destroy Mr.Dracula's great idea?
I feel good if add this option.
No more reality. No more funny. What is this games conception.

This game is never Free for me and others.
You must not forget there are perchased users.

Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: png 437624-Users.png (686.3 KB, 79 views)
Old August 6th, 2006, 02:58 PM

Sergeant

PatG is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Georg_Wiezen said:
Hey narwan!

Why you destroy Mr.Dracula's Great Idea? Add this option!

Narwan is one of the trusted playtesters but he doesn't own the code and can make no changes.
Quote:

This game is never Free. Don't forget that I perchased,but I had broken this because of broken my heart by your reply.

The FREE download version of the game has 90% of the features of the paid version - damn good deal in my books.
Quote:

I feel the designer is an emperor and you are like a butler. This forum is a Congress of the despotic government.

Yes it is for a small number of issues. Due to the legal requirements of the release, only a select few have access to the code - ergo - they are the dictators. Learn to live with it. Given that a butler is a highly trusted servant privy to the deepest secrets of a household, you have given Narwan a most generous compliment.
Quote:

Thanks.
There are large chunks of the game that are moddable and public parts of the game that have not yet been explored. If you want blood or bodies or Chaplains in the game - figure out how to do it then post it. Others have so can you.
Old August 6th, 2006, 04:47 PM

Private

Hi PatG
I'm not Mr.Dracula,realy. I never crosspost.
The narwan's post replay at same timing with my thread "Offmap ArtysAP". He had shutted off my thread at talking with other men.
So,I was anger and made "unsuitable and bad" reply. So sorry.
I guess he is the designer. His style of post is same as that.
I feel the designer is only laziness,only take our times and moneys.
Old August 6th, 2006, 04:54 PM

Corporal

Nightblade is on a distinguished road

I agree the blood look totally out of place in the concept art screenshot as it feels "arcadish" and so is totally silly.
But the corpses, at least as portrayed in the concept art there :

does not look as silly and out of place at all, does not look like a gore fest either and those pixels do not look more violent that the bunch of pixels defining burning vehicles.

I can live easily without it as it has been years i played and never seen a single corpse in a Steel Panther game, but i don't really understand some of the reactions here defining this as silly/kiddie/whatever more condescending term as been used.
Old August 6th, 2006, 05:07 PM

Private

Dracula is on a distinguished road

This forum is by definition a place for DEBATING and the origin of Forum came from ancient greek who use it as central tool for their DEMOCRACY... You should think of that

And I respect the work of the developpers !!! And I contribute like all other players to improve it by reporting bugs and issues but this give me the right to give my opinion about direction of the game like all other player (even you). And since there is many other player who share my opinion I fell free posting it on this forum with or without your permission...

And by the way yes this game is free (at least the crippled version) but it was in the beginning (10 years ago) a commercial one wich I had bought and now its a great project who lived thanks the developpers but no game would live with out players who plays them and love them. And so like in all relation there can be "conflict" and thats part of the game.

cheers

Vincent
Old August 6th, 2006, 05:25 PM

Private

Dracula is on a distinguished road

Yes it seems this subject is triggering some overractions that I hardly understand... I feel sometimes that some old greybeard wise wargamer are pointing an accusing finger on me juste because I have proposed a "little" more fun in the game and my arguments were absoloutely not childish, silly and other nice comments you have heard from this VERY open minded people.

I respect the work of the developpers but I also respect the suggestion of inff (at least the corpses but less the ketchup) because I had the same idea and many player also and others like you react positively on it so lets hope that "maybe" in a veeeeeerrrrryyyyy looooooonnnnnnnnnnng tiiiiiiiiimmmmeeeee this game will havesome heroic fallen who would have their grave on the battlefield

Cheers

Vincent
Old August 6th, 2006, 11:14 PM

Private

TheRedstarSWL is on a distinguished road

Godwin's Law.
"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
Old August 7th, 2006, 01:57 AM

Major

Marek_Tucan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
TheRedstarSWL said:
Godwin's Law.
"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
QED
Old August 7th, 2006, 09:13 AM

Private

Oh---!
Two intelligence agents come up! How much accounts you have,Don.
I was an good user,but you transformed me to a target of criticism by your intelligence approaches at "Arty's AP".
You are "NSDAP and Adolf Hitler" or "The emperor". I am never as these.
Old August 7th, 2006, 03:51 PM

Captain

narwan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Dracula said:
This forum is by definition a place for DEBATING and the origin of Forum came from ancient greek who use it as central tool for their DEMOCRACY... You should think of that

Vincent
Well, you're still getting all the room you want to DEBATE this now don't you? Just don't expect it to lead to anything. The call's been made already back on page one of this thread (and not by me btw, I'm just one of many who test stuff that does get changed to see if it actually works).

Closed Thread