.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old October 30th, 2005, 02:26 AM

Sergeant

junk2drive is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Scenario - \"Kiowa Down\" Iraq, 9/2004

Quote:
Pepper said:
Played this one tonite ... not going to post a full AAR but I enjoyed it thoroughly. It may be a little easy for some, but I found it just about right for me and pulled a draw on my first go (even though I met all major objective, had all vhexes and only lost 26 guys and perhaps 5 strykers; perhaps it was the 2d little bird taking damage?). Overall a very enjoyable scenario. Thanks Beeg!
I'm glad you find this so easy. I can't seem to do anything without losing a bunch of units.
Old November 11th, 2005, 09:11 PM

Sergeant

junk2drive is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Scenario - \"Kiowa Down\" Iraq, 9/2004

Finished, Draw
I lost 37 men (some Iraqi NG) and 1 Stryker (the command AFV).
The key is dismounting and patience.
The .50 cals on the Strykers don't seem to do much to the enemy.
Old August 7th, 2011, 11:21 AM

Private

abs123 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Scenario - "Kiowa Down" Iraq, 9/2004

Hey all,

I was part of the unit that was involved during the "Kiowa Down" incident in Tal a'far, Iraq. I am very excited to see that there is a recreation of that in a game. Please tell me how to get ahold of this game, so I can inform others as well. Thanks.
Old August 7th, 2011, 01:00 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Scenario - "Kiowa Down" Iraq, 9/2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by abs123 View Post
Hey all,

I was part of the unit that was involved during the "Kiowa Down" incident in Tal a'far, Iraq. I am very excited to see that there is a recreation of that in a game. Please tell me how to get ahold of this game, so I can inform others as well. Thanks.
WinSPMBT Page:
http://www.shrapnelgames.com/Camo_Wo.../MBT_page.html

- If you have Windows Vista or 7, then first read the installation instructions for those operating systems (sticky post at the top of the main forum). You will have to change the default path away from /program files/, essentially, since Microsoft totally messed up the way programmes are handled with vista onwards.
Linky to the vista/7 destructions: http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=47170

- Download and install the game file.

- Then download and install all the update patches for the game. These can be found on that page as well in a box just below the main file. Apply all the patches in order from the earliest to the latest. If you have Vista or Windows 7, then you will have to update the default path for each patch installer as described in the Windows vista/7 instructions as for the initial install.

- Once the game is installed and running and you have played the tutorial (see the tutorial walk through in the manual Game Options Programme->Help Tab->Game Manual button->Playing WinSPMBT - Tutorial), download and install the scenario from this thread to the \scenario folder as usual. (Game Options Programme->Help Tab->Game Manual button->Installing Third-party scenarios link)

Cheers
Andy