.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old April 4th, 2013, 04:20 PM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Wink Re: Turkey's Lightening Shield Operation - Released!

TF 1-39 1st Echelon Battle

I want to apologize to anyone expecting the promised full battle scenario between Turkey and Syria. Although, I have authored a scenario depicting a continued battle between these two countries, I no longer remain enthusiastic of the final product. However, I am pleased to announce what I hope is a stimulating development and a scenario that tests your creativity as well.

Although the mission remains the same, block the Syrian 19th Mech Bde at the village of Kafar Houm, you will find this updated version more challenging.

A few changes to the original scenario are listed here: Mission added to evac civilians off map, game length changed to 18, four Syrian Main Battle Tanks accompany Truck Rile companies instead of three, Syrian snipers are assigned to each Truck Rile company, Bravo Co mortars are reduced to a platoon rather than a battery, and the lethal self- propelled Pantsyr-S1 is introduced.

Although the decisive point of the battle remains the foothills north of N15 referred to now on the map as “Little Richard,” there are other ‘battles’ that take considerable management. The fight on Hill 052, and the fight at the Syrian BN headquarters over the Syrian mortars are both engrossing as well.

In keeping with the character of Captain Yuzbas ‘Batman’ Baturaip, I had him atop “Lookout Ridge” for just a turn so that he could “eye ball” the enemy. Afterwards, I placed him in the middle of the line at PL Big Poppa to better the direct the fight. Moreover, a company commander must be in the thick of the fight, even battalion commanders, we will find them in the thick of things rather than in the rear, so it is with this scenario in keeping with tradition and doctrine.

I have included in the attached scenario zip file, several Battle Reports and assorted maps, the Turkish Operation Orders, the alarming BBC report that ignited Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan to order 2nd Army into action, and Batman’s accounting of his brilliant initiative to this battle.

I want everyone to have as much fun playing this scenario as I did creating it. Please enjoy and do kindly share your experience.

I heard Bugs Bunny say every Saturday morning in my home on the TV show while still a young boy, “That’s all folks!”

Here Batman deployed B-2Abn at PL Big Poppa. He's at Lookout Ridge before joining in the middle of the PL.

Last edited by shahadi; May 14th, 2013 at 07:23 PM..
Old May 14th, 2013, 06:30 PM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
World Re: Turkey's Lightening Shield Operation Full Battle

Lightening Shield Operation OPORD 2012-291 Full Battle Scenario

After several weeks involving countless modifications, I believe you will find playing this upgraded scenario an exciting challenge. Although the mission remains the same, block the Syrian 19th Mech Bde at the village of Kafar Houm, execute a pass through maneuver with D-1st Inf Bn and A-3rd Ar, and defeat all follow-up Syrian units greater than platoon size at Objective Chili Pepper, our gameplay results reveal a scenario that tests a player’s ability to manage a fast paced battle field.

A few changes to the original scenario are listed here: mission added to evac civilians off map, game length changed to 30, four Syrian Main Battle Tanks accompany Truck Rile companies instead of three, Syrian snipers are assigned to each Truck Rile company, Bravo Co mortars are reduced to a platoon rather than a battery, and the lethal self- propelled Pantsyr-S1 is introduced. Additionally, the main roadway, Muhammad Ali Way and connecting round-a-bouts are mined.

Although the decisive point of the battle remains the foothills north of N15 referred to now on the map as “Little Richard,” there are other ‘battles’ that take considerable management. The fight on Hill 052 and the fight at The Orchards are equally engrossing as well.

In keeping with the character of Captain Yuzbas ‘Batman’ Baturaip, I had him atop “Lookout Ridge” for just a turn so that he could “eye ball” the enemy. Afterwards, I placed him in the middle of the line at PL Big Poppa to better the direct the fight and so that he readily rally Bravo company platoons.

This scenario replaces scenario 274 on the latest release patch.

Scenario files, maps, and hints attached.

“That’s all folks!” Bugs Bunny, The Looney Tunes cartoon show.

Last edited by shahadi; May 14th, 2013 at 07:22 PM..
Old May 15th, 2013, 06:16 PM

Captain

Talking Re: Turkey's Lightening Shield Operation Spscn files

Attached please find files to play the upgraded scenario. In the attached zip file, I've included the spscn274 text file as it includes a number of hints to help manage and play the scenario.

Enjoy.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Lightening Shield Operation Full Battle.zip (3.14 MB, 106 views)