http://www.army-guide.com/eng/product889.html

claims 100

Don
Old April 17th, 2013, 01:56 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: The FASTBOAT Patch page.

Saw this just before getting ready for work. I will tell you this is much like the issue I had with Ethiopia getting the T-90S if you remember from about 1 1/2 years ago. This is early and except for Greece have had no time for OOB checks. I can only confirm the following so far...
1. Not looking good for UPDF having the T-90S or T-90SA. Some sites question whether they even operate the T-72. I feel confident they do operate the T-72 but which one is my issue.
2. Can confirm they still operate the T-55 and T-62. Also strong evidence to support that most if not all of the T-55 tanks operated have been upgraded to the T-55AM by 2012. Start date sometime in late 2010 (Fall) to mid 2011.
3. A multitude of good sources speak of a sell of the T-90S to Greece. However due to Greek finances the deal was reduced to a purchase of around 50 T-80 tanks. Neither is in the Greek OOB at this time. Just note it for now I'm not done here until above gets resolved.
4. Can only confirm that ALGERIA and possibly Venezuela (Does operate the T-90S.) operate the T-90SA. Again early in this process as well. There is some difference in the type but enough for game purposes is yet to be determined.
5. This is an update. T-72 tanks might have come from the UKRAINE which supposedly undercut the RUSSIANS. Had this and I might as well give it to you now. Note the date and last sentence.
http://www.army-technology.com/news/...a-turkmenistan

The above site (Yours) is good normally and one of the few to track contracts. Though I have one other that does as well.
For others a lessons learned session...
Issue with most sites is updating of their equipment libraries same sites will outstrip them on the news side of the house which is where they make their money, just something to keep in the back of your mind when basing decisions on one or two sites for equipment.

Regards,
Pat

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; April 17th, 2013 at 02:21 AM.. Reason: Added update via #5.
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old April 17th, 2013, 03:26 AM

Lieutenant General

Never mind my feelings on the source, but how confident and for the sake of argument do Andy and you feel about SIPRI? Not giving you both anything as I want an unbiased assessment on the question and no I'm not playing any games here. I'm too tired for that and it's late and I need some sleep before another lovely day at work.
Thank you!

Regards,
Pat
Old April 17th, 2013, 08:34 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,446 Times in 2,700 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The FASTBOAT Patch page.

No source is perfect though I would say Janes has the best reputaion in my mind. SIPRI is a suplimental source like a lot of sources.

Re Greece I thought that tank purchase fell through and the US was offering used M1's ?

This is why we REALLY don't like to put things in the game until someone actually sees them rolling down the road.

Don
Old April 17th, 2013, 01:37 PM

Lieutenant General

Don,
HAVE TO HURRY!! Yes correct on Greece. Uganda looks like T-90S not T-90SA. Give me at least a day I'll post what I found on their site. Duty calls.

Regards,
Pat
Old April 19th, 2013, 02:25 AM

Lieutenant General

Well I owe everyone an answer regarding Dons question concerning Uganda and the T-90S.
First to clarify I made an error concerning them having the T-72, they don't (T-55AM-2 and T-62), I confused Uganda with Sudan. As some might remember within the last 4 months or less in the Sudan OOB Thread there was a discussion related to whom had the T-72 during the Sudanese Civil War of which I at the time used SIPRI source data. So again I turned to them as so very few Western sources concern themselves about African arms deals.
I REALLY HATE TO HARP ON THIS SUBJECT BUT I HOPE YOU ALL REALISE THIS IS WHY I NEVER LIKE TO SINGLE/DOUBLE SOURCE ANY EQUIPMENT ISSUES. Are there exceptions yes when a quick response is needed but, I always follow up with more UNLESS otherwise requested.
In my mind I grade my sources i.e. SIPRI B+ why? Who are they? Where do they get their info from? Is their info consistent with my A sources to include Govt./or Military etc. over time? Do they provide industry real news items as their primary means of support with an equipment data (ED) base and how often do they report the news and update the ED?. And more. Bottom line I chose them carefully and don't pull them out of my "DONKEY" though some might think me one. It takes time and has it's costs as well.
SIPRI is a very well respected "Think Tank" and embedded in Africa and do vet their outside sources as best as anyone can.
So SIPRI says Uganda has 38/39 T-90S tanks. Along with Army-Guide and the related Army-Tech story already posted I believe they do have them. I took the time to randomly check some other transactions of equipment I submitted over the years and they are certainly "close enough for government work". Since I'm a fair and balanced guy see the refs below. And please read the intro, any legitimate site will tell where they got their data from and list their sources as well. That's why DEFPRO, Defense Industry Daily (DID) and Army-Tech I give an A+ to.
A B source.
http://www.deagel.com/equipment/r1a000369raw.htm

Background
http://www.sipri.org/about

You can access database info on from here on armament transactions back to 1950 for all weapons or by type i.e. armor as above provided, arty, combat aircraft etc.
http://www.sipri.org/databases

SIPRI is on the rise with me before I had to search by article query now the database side I hope will make my life easier in bk checking on equipment status after it's in the game such as the OPLOT date change for Thailand by other sources as posted.

Regards,
Pat
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old April 29th, 2013, 09:00 PM

Lieutenant General

For everyone else...
Refer to MBT Thread Posts #213-#215 Pg. 22 & #227 Pg. 24 (Concerning the Chinese TYPE 99.)

Don,
I know this is the start of your "downtime" so if nothing else just consider this a "tickler file" from me until you're ready to respond down the road.
Poking around I noticed you took action on the tanks listed in those posts. My question pertains to the following tanks in regards to the TI/GSR...
1. CHALLENGER 2 from about 2006/2007 would've req. a new unit.
No increase in TI/GSR or FCS/RR.
2. LEOPARD 2A7+
No increase in TI/GSR.
The next two do "appear" to have increased FCS/LR numbers over last year but, I didn't record all of those numbers before loading Patch 7.0 (That's on me.) for all the tanks I listed in the above posts.
3. OPLOT-M unfortunately the manufacturer only lists the specs for the OPLOT and not the OPLOT-M which is not surprising as the OPLOT-M is not for export which we learned from the Thailand tank deal.
4. LECLERIC
Wasn't expecting a TI/GSR increase here as noted, but again looks like the FCS/LR was increased, if it was it would have been warrented to do so as the FCS certainly would've supported it.

Just asking if I need to provide further info for the next patch or not.

NO HURRY AND OR WORRIES HERE/ENJOY LIFE A LITTLE BEFORE YOU FEEL THE NEED TO ANSWER THIS. BESIDES I'VE BEEN DIRECTED TO DO SO MYSELF IF YOU CATCH MY MEANING!?! THANKS!!!

Regards,
Pat
Old April 30th, 2013, 10:48 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,446 Times in 2,700 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The FASTBOAT Patch page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post

The next two do "appear" to have increased FCS/LR numbers over last year but, I didn't record all of those numbers before loading Patch 7.0 (That's on me.) for all the tanks I listed in the above posts.
3. OPLOT-M unfortunately the manufacturer only lists the specs for the OPLOT and not the OPLOT-M which is not surprising as the OPLOT-M is not for export which we learned from the Thailand tank deal.
4. LECLERIC
Wasn't expecting a TI/GSR increase here as noted, but again looks like the FCS/LR was increased, if it was it would have been warrented to do so as the FCS certainly would've supported it.

Regards,
Pat

3/ OPLOT-M--no change from v6

4/ LECLERIC --no change from v6

Don
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old May 2nd, 2013, 02:41 AM

Lieutenant General

Don,
Thanks for getting back! I'll revisit this later in the year. First two will be easy. My headache will be how to deal with the following after I look into it further.
http://www.army-guide.com/eng/article/article_2593.html
ATTICA I believe is what was installed on the LEO 2A7+ which is why it made my list. Again I'll need to verify this from my notes.
For the last two I do feel good about the OPLOT-M but the LECLERIC might be moved into the "club" later as I'm seeing data concerning the, and please people going strictly by memory here for the name and spelling, the "CARINE" system.
But now my need is for some sleep.
Thanks again Don.
Everyone have a good night/day!!

Regards,
Pat
Old May 3rd, 2013, 12:00 PM

Lieutenant General

The LECLERC newer FCS was IRIS put on the LECLEC T9 variant. See more in the MBT Thread.

Regards,
Pat