.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old May 4th, 2007, 06:24 AM

General

vfb is on a distinguished road
Default Lanka\'s Supplications

Ah, this must be the "dangerous super-alliance" the Niefel Giants warned Mictlan about. But are they not included in this alliance themselves?

Pray tell, whom have the great Lanka allied themselves with? Do you know what happened to the previous group of nations who joined forces with Niefel against Ermor, only to find themselves betrayed? Your other friend, C'Tis appears hard pressed to hold on to the provinces they rule, and is fleeing into independent lands. We would welcome them to hasten their own destruction by entering into the lands of Mictlan.

Mictlan counts four nations among Niefel, Ermor, C'Tis, and Lanka. Who are the other three in your unholy cabal, since you claim six allies? Or is it that Niefel, Ermor, and C'Tis are so big compared to Lanka that you count each of them twice?

Know that the free nations of this Unlucky world are honorable, fair and noble! Lanka's weak attempts at bribery will not succeed.

OOC: Anyone know if we're going to be able to submit a turn, and what version to use?
Whether he submitted the post, or whether he did not, made no difference. The Thought Police would get him just the same. He had committed— would still have committed, even if he had never set pen to paper— the essential crime that contained all others in itself. Thoughtcrime, they called it. Thoughtcrime was not a thing that could be concealed forever.
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?
Old May 4th, 2007, 08:07 AM

Corporal

Eressil3 is on a distinguished road
Default **My** supplications

- I've just completed my research in the conjuration's school at level 9.
- All my mages are well equipped with all kind of magic boosting items.
- They're all in communion together and spend all my gems in a desperate attempt to summon a legendary creature : I name Gandalf Parker ! [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/icon40.gif[/img]

Please tell us what is the state of the server ! What should we do ? Play our turn with 3.06 or 3.08 ?
Old May 4th, 2007, 08:10 AM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough
Default Re: **My** supplications

My suggestion: Play with 3.06. That's the standard thing to do at this stage, and it can't break the server. In fact, keep playing with 3.06 until the server sends you a turn that you can't open using 3.06 - at which point you know you have to upgrade.

Actually I've been thinking quite hard about this stuff in trying to sort out my own server, so I'm pretty certain that's the correct thing to do.
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs
Old May 4th, 2007, 08:20 AM

Second Lieutenant

jimkehn is on a distinguished road

It's too late...I already patched up and didn't make a copy. I think there are others in this boat as well. I will either have to wait until the server updates to 3.08 or go AI. And with the trouble I am having logging on, I may have to go AI.

8^(
Old May 4th, 2007, 08:43 AM

Corporal

Blofeld is on a distinguished road

Ermor had no contacts with Lanka nor Mictlan. We'd rather nobody implied that Ermor is in alliance with either of them.
Old May 4th, 2007, 08:53 AM

First Lieutenant

LoloMo is on a distinguished road

C'tis has no contacts with Lanka or Mictlan either.
Old May 4th, 2007, 09:23 AM

General

Default Guillible Mictlan

Mictlan sends its apologies to Ermor and C'tis. The slippery chatter of the Lankan monkey demons deceived us into believing that you were allied with them. Would Lanka's allies please identify themselves to Mictlan, for we have a great store of toads we would like to rain down on you. The Lankan monkey demons would only enjoy it, so we won't give them the pleasure.

OOC: I'll submit this turn with 3.06 if I don't hear from Gandalf.
Whether he submitted the post, or whether he did not, made no difference. The Thought Police would get him just the same. He had committed— would still have committed, even if he had never set pen to paper— the essential crime that contained all others in itself. Thoughtcrime, they called it. Thoughtcrime was not a thing that could be concealed forever.
Old May 4th, 2007, 09:35 AM

General

Quote:
llamabeast said:
My suggestion: Play with 3.06. That's the standard thing to do at this stage, and it can't break the server. In fact, keep playing with 3.06 until the server sends you a turn that you can't open using 3.06 - at which point you know you have to upgrade.

Actually I've been thinking quite hard about this stuff in trying to sort out my own server, so I'm pretty certain that's the correct thing to do.
It's possible to have both 306 and 308 working together on linux:

http://www.shrapnelcommunity.com/thr...&Number=517876
Old May 4th, 2007, 11:52 AM

Sergeant

Saint_Dude is on a distinguished road
Default Lanka alliance

What is this chatter about Niefel being allied with the monkeys? It is insulting. We have we have not had any contact with Lanka, and in fact have been warning Mictlan about Lanka's claims of a super alliance.

We are very interested to find out if this super alliance is in fact a reality or merely a smoke screen put up by the monkeys to deter aggressors. If real, it poses a significant long term threat to all the other non-allied nations and steps must be taken to counter that aggregation of power.

We hereby declare: Assuming that there are indeed other nations allied with the Lanka, but they too cowardly to come forth and admit their devious agreements. We fully support Mictlan's efforts to wipe this earth clean of the monkey filth. Any nation that intercedes on Lanka's behalf in this struggle will be considered to be part of the hidden super alliance, and will find themselves the enemy of Niefel (and hopefully many other conscientious non aligned nations).
Old May 4th, 2007, 12:10 PM

General

Default Re: Lanka alliance

So Mictlan has been tricked by the demon Lanka monkeys, not once, not twice, but four times! Oh, woe be use dwellers of the forests with our fierce animals, but limited understandings of techmologies and diplomatics.

Mictlan sends our sincere apologies to Niefelheim too, for believing them to be part of a conspiracy commanded from Lanka headquarters.

-- Zotz, Prophet of Mictlan.

OOC: Just in case you haven't yet noticed, Gandalf has updated his servers to 308. Yay! Thanks Gandalf. The connection problems seem to have gone away too. Yay again!