This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old March 23rd, 2001, 11:37 AM

Colonel

Q is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Rage Collective Version 1.0

Baron about the second point: There are some ship designs that the AI does not really use (correctly) as create nebula ships. It is easy to modify their design to have a medical bay and let the AI build at least one. Then plagues should then be cured by the AI. I did not verify this until now, but I did see the AI use a medical bay ship I designed for him. He moved it directely to the plagued planet after the ship was contructed.

By the way to you know of a any plans, that would allow us to create new ship design types for the AI? This would greatly enhance the possibility to create more diverse designs for the AI.
Old March 23rd, 2001, 01:30 PM

Colonel

Just had a combat against the XiChung empire: I infected one of their home planet with plague level V (lost my ship in this attack) and thought now I could watch their population die.
Wrong!
They cured the plague instantaneously and lost not 1M population. Locking at their design files I realized their population transports have a medical bay!
Really good work!!
Old March 23rd, 2001, 07:36 PM

Colonel

Alpha here a report about my game with the Rage Version 1.0 (I did not yet install Version 1.1 because I didn't want to interfere with the game), full technology:

They are 9. of 15 empires, have war with 3 empires including the number one empire (Ukra-Tal), a non-aggression treaty with one empire (that's me the United Federation of Planets. Well who could resist my diplomatic skills ) and no treaty with the rest. Their ship designs look very good IMO and they construct ships and units like mad and still have enough resources. So I think they perform very well, even if they are only number 9. Having to fight against almost all other empires is quite difficult, so may be they should accept or even propose the NA-treaty a little bit more often.
What you should consider, if you not already included it in your Version 1.1 is a racial trait with special weapons (e.g. crystalline). Their most important problem at the moment in my game are the Ukra-Tal with their organic technology ships!
Old March 23rd, 2001, 09:12 PM

Captain

Alpha Kodiak is on a distinguished road

Q:

Interesting point on the diplomacy. (They do tend to get a bit aggressive, don't they?!) I probably need to consider bumping up the number of systems to defend, if not the inclination to accept at least low level treaties. I'm not sure what to do with that one yet.

On the racial traits and dealing with organics, Crystaline tech would be useful in that case, but I think the reason that the Rage can build so fast is because of the Advanced Storage trait and possibly the Advanced Movement trait. I may explore the possibility of dropping Advanced Movement in favor of another trait.

Either that, or perhaps the yet to be named mortal enemies of the Rage will have some of those characteristics.

Ursoids of the Galaxy, unite!
Old March 23rd, 2001, 09:58 PM

General

Baron Munchausen is on a distinguished road

quote:
Originally posted by Q:
Just had a combat against the XiChung empire: I infected one of their home planet with plague level V (lost my ship in this attack) and thought now I could watch their population die.
Wrong!
They cured the plague instantaneously and lost not 1M population. Locking at their design files I realized their population transports have a medical bay!
Really good work!!

That's clever. Now we know where to put the Medical Bays. Now, can you get a plague cure from an ALLY'S ship with a medical bay? I'd think that military alliance or better should let your ally cure your planets...

The remaining question is: Do races conquered by a mechanoid race become 'mechanoid' just like races conquered by emotionless races become emotionless? They should not, in either case, but I bet they do.
Old March 23rd, 2001, 11:49 PM

Captain

Alpha Kodiak is on a distinguished road

quote:
Originally posted by Baron Munchausen:
The remaining question is: Do races conquered by a mechanoid race become 'mechanoid' just like races conquered by emotionless races become emotionless? They should not, in either case, but I bet they do.

Just think Borg...

Ursoids of the Galaxy, unite!