Old March 24th, 2003, 06:21 AM

Brigadier General

TerranC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Debate on North Korea.

Quote:
Originally posted by mac5732:
TC

July 27
The United States, North Korea and China sign an armistice, which ends the war but fails to bring about a permanent peace. To date, the Republic of Korea (South) and Democratic Peoples' Republic of Korea (North) have not signed a peace treaty. North and South Korea did sign a non-aggression treaty in 1991

Therefore, there is an armistice, however, no peace treaty was ever signed by either side, except for the non-aggression treaty in 91

So we have an armistice, but no peace treaty, a non aggression treaty means zippo.

NK is more dangerous to world peace then any other nation (IMHO) In fact, I believe they would instigate it just so they can once again invade So. Korea. Why? Look at the economy for both countries, who has the most to lose and who has the most to gain? The question is, would they take the chance of a major war again with the US or UN. I would not count on the UN as they can't even enforce their own resolutions and IMHO are not even paper tigers but paper pussy kats, therefore it would be the US and its supporting allies, other fair weather allies would probably back out with one excuse or another, in fact some of our allies are in name only, all they want is our money and techonlogy, not our friendship.. but this is only my opinion.

just some idea mac
Ok. There is an armistice in effect.

But I think there would be a world-wide support for the US should it choose to strike; The world knows that NK has nukes, it starves it's populace, and it has already provoked a world war 2.1.

Download Sev Today! --- Download BOB and SOCk today too! --- Thanks to Fyron and Trooper for hosting.

Old March 24th, 2003, 08:06 AM

Brigadier General

mac5732 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Debate on North Korea.

The way the UN has been in regards to use of force lately, I don't know if they would sanction a war with NK even if they started it, The Reason in My Opinion = China and possibly Russia, China and in some regards Russia, would feel compelled to back and support NK even if NK started a war.
NK has a whole new dimension to the concept of war with them... US must tread carefully on this one. NK has designs on SK without a doubt, I would also think they have somewhat design On Japan due in part to WW2, But that would embroil the US and our allies, China could also use this as a pretext against Taiwan if a war should start with them & NK against us. Quite intertwined in that part of the world.

just some ideas Mac

BEWARE; crochety old geezers play SE4, in between bathroom runs
Phong's Head Parking