.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old May 8th, 2008, 03:41 PM

Major

AreaOfEffect is on a distinguished road
Default The First Mega Game International Bank

(The charter for the bank is currently on hold until the game begins. At this point I'm leaning toward the removal of the organizational aspects of the concept and to refit it as a internal treaty for players to sign. A separate thread could be then used to contain public agreements, which would then become binding.)

First Mega Game International Bank

Charter: The First Mega Game International Bank is a coalition of share holding nations who provide for other nations temporary income to be repaid at a modest but fair interest rate. The share holders will directly receive profits equivalent to their investment. This bank is exclusively for the Mega Age II Kingmaker game.

Organizational Notes
1. Applications for loans will be submitted to the bank's email, first.mega.game.bank at gmail.com. From there a banking executive will process the application.
2. If a loan is accepted, the executive, not the applicant, will publicly post the transaction in the First Mega Game International Bank thread and notify relevant shareholders. The post will include the terms of the loan.
3. Share holders will notify executives upon the initial completion of their turn, what funds they have available for disbursement. Funds will be disbursed in the order in which the notifications are received.
4. Funds will travel directly between the share holders and the client. Executives will not hold onto funds meant for another player.
5. All shareholders must agree not to trade with blacklisted players and may be asked to provide assistance in "collection". "Collections" may also be outsourced to non-shareholders.
6. Only shareholders can request that a nation be placed on the blacklist. The shareholder must have cited reasons.
7. If an executive is removed from office or resigns another shareholder can take his place and be given access to the bank's email address.

Membership: Is open to all players.

Application for Membership
1. PM application to first.mega.game.bank at gmail.com. Label the email "Bank Membership".
2. Include your player name, race.
3. Also include your excess gold for your initial turn. (This will help with disbursing initial turn loans.)

Current Interest Rate: 7% compounded per turn
Current Funds Available: <not available at this time>

Blacklisted Nations
<none>

Applications for Loans
1. PM application to first.mega.game.bank at gmail.com Label the email "Loan Application".
2. Include your player name, race, and what you would like to loan and for what amount.
3. Offers of collateral or insurance provided by another nation will greatly improve your chances of acceptance.
Guide Supplement: LA Man - Castle Warfare
Referance: Prophet Transformations
Old May 8th, 2008, 03:46 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Amhazair is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The First Mega Game International Bank

Help.
Old May 8th, 2008, 03:53 PM

Major

Tuidjy is on a distinguished road

Seven percent compounded monthly interest. You should be killed just for that.
Old May 8th, 2008, 04:03 PM

Major

AreaOfEffect is on a distinguished road

I'd imagine that most loans, at least most loans that we would be willing to accept, would not exceed a month or two before the full amount is returned. It's more for people who don't want to wait another turn to start building that third castle or for people who need a quick gladiator infusion. I don't want to encourage people to overstep their bounds by planning much further ahead then they should.
Guide Supplement: LA Man - Castle Warfare
Referance: Prophet Transformations
Old May 8th, 2008, 04:10 PM

Major General

Meglobob is on a distinguished road

Kill the evil *ankers! Of course, the * is a b and not a w!

Of course this is just a joke...

Just in case I have to come to you cap in hand. Cool idea btw.
Old May 8th, 2008, 04:21 PM

General

Kristoffer O is on a distinguished road

Interesting.

Do you collect paper money for the dead as well? There is huge demand paper money in hell (Yomi).
Old May 8th, 2008, 04:49 PM

Captain

cleveland is on a distinguished road
Default The Second Mega Game International Bank

In the spirit of capitalism, I'd like to announce the opening of the Second Mega Game International Bank

Any free-market capitalist knows that without competition, you the consumer will be screwed by the large banks.

This bank, hereby known as Eriu Trust, will give the nations of Kingmaker a choice, and force the loan interest rates low.

Loans will be administered on a collateral-only basis (i.e. you hand over a Fire Brand until your loan is repaid). PM requests to me.

Outstanding debts will be listed on this post; any parties interested in purchasing outstanding debts can also PM me.

I will update this post as the interest rate changes. Let's see where the free market will take us...
[b]Current Loan Interest Rate: 6% per turn[b]
Old May 8th, 2008, 05:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

Darkwind is on a distinguished road
Default The Third Mega Game International Bank

If all the banks will be in one thread, I would like to announce the third bank--the Bank of Ulm.

We do not pretend to be the same as the other banks. Any nation may use the BoU--no nation, not even an enemy of Ulm, is blacklisted. Any nation may sign up to contribute to the BoU funds, which will be carefully recorded by Ulm itself. Ulm also offers one thing the others do not--a gem store. Nations may take loaned gems from the BoU at a 10%, non-compounded interest rate, rounded up, for gem loans of less than 10 gems. 10-40 gem loans are a 5% interest rate. Gem loans of 40-100 are 2.5%. Finally, 100+ loans are 1%. Gold may be loaned at a 2%, compounded rate. One may even dip into the stores of Ulm itself--at 3x the interest, of course. All debts of 750+ gold or 65+ gems will be posted in the Bank thread.

Finally, for those not interested in other options, the Bank of Ulm may open up an item branch, handled only by the most trustworhy nations. Remember--search for diversity, search for a cheap option, search for Ulm!

Also, in order to entice funds, the Bank of Ulm will provide a 1% interest on all deposits into the Bank. After 12 turns, deposits may be taken back out; no less than one year.
Old May 8th, 2008, 05:14 PM

Major General

Meglobob is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Third Mega Game International Bank

I am already worried about the, 'credit crunch'
Old May 8th, 2008, 05:19 PM

Colonel

DonCorazon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Third Mega Game International Bank

I am going with whoever won't charge me to use their ATMs.
i crossed blades with the mightiest warriors of the golden age. i witnessed with sorrow the schism that led to the passing of legends. now my sword hangs in its scabbard, with nothing but memories to keep it warm.