Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old October 31st, 2009, 12:33 PM

Corporal

Kartoffel is on a distinguished road
Default SP in HD

Any chance that I will be able to play SPMBT in HD?

This one of my favorite games (because you guys and the SSI folks are talented programmers), so having to play on some weird windowed resolution using only half of my screen saddens me. I would greatly appreciate it if I was able to fully utilize my modest 23 inch screen with the gaming industry standard resolution.

Sincerely,

Mr. Potato

Last edited by Kartoffel; October 31st, 2009 at 12:46 PM..
Old October 31st, 2009, 03:21 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: SP in HD

You don't have the CD version do you ?
Old October 31st, 2009, 04:15 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartoffel View Post

This one of my favorite games (because you guys and the SSI folks are talented programmers), so having to play on some weird windowed resolution using only half of my screen saddens me. I would greatly appreciate it if I was able to fully utilize my modest 23 inch screen with the gaming industry standard resolution.

Sincerely,

Mr. Potato
We tell you how to handle this in the "tuning your machine" section of the GG.

1) Buy the CD edition, so you are not restricted to 640 and 800 resolutions.

2) Set to windowed mode in the GameOptions launcher, with a resolution as wide or wider (wide screens are usually not as deep as standard Windows 4:3).

3) Start your game - you should now have a window that covers the entire screen, bar the Windows task bar which remains at the bottom of the screen. You can now see the windows clock, mail alerts and so forth! . And since you are in windowed mode, you will not suffer the occasional loss of 256 colour palette that switching in and out of full screen mode to Windows desktop can do on some graphics cards resulting in psychedelic colours.

4) Now tune the mouse scroll sensitivity zone (Game Options again) - usually because the bottom of the screen needs a few pixels more. You also may want to tweak the speeds.

5) As described in the GG, don't do anything silly with your windows task bar. Leave as default (on the bottom, one unit deep, and no auto-hide). Anything else will mess up the graphics engine which dates from 1995 or so.

Andy
The Following User Says Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post:
Old October 31st, 2009, 05:44 PM

Corporal

Kartoffel is on a distinguished road
Post Re: SP in HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobhack View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartoffel View Post

Sincerely,

Mr. Potato
We tell you how to handle this in the "tuning your machine" section of the GG.

1) Buy the CD edition, so you are not restricted to 640 and 800 resolutions.

2) Set to windowed mode in the GameOptions launcher, with a resolution as wide or wider (wide screens are usually not as deep as standard Windows 4:3).

3) Start your game - you should now have a window that covers the entire screen, bar the Windows task bar which remains at the bottom of the screen. You can now see the windows clock, mail alerts and so forth! . And since you are in windowed mode, you will not suffer the occasional loss of 256 colour palette that switching in and out of full screen mode to Windows desktop can do on some graphics cards resulting in psychedelic colours.

4) Now tune the mouse scroll sensitivity zone (Game Options again) - usually because the bottom of the screen needs a few pixels more. You also may want to tweak the speeds.

5) As described in the GG, don't do anything silly with your windows task bar. Leave as default (on the bottom, one unit deep, and no auto-hide). Anything else will mess up the graphics engine which dates from 1995 or so.

Andy
I bought the CD edition, but was wondering if in the future you guys would give 1920 x 1080 (High-Def) a go.

As for your suggestions to make my resolution better than the 1152 x 864 windowed that I currently have, I am eager to try them out as soon find the time to play the game again and give your recommendations an in depth review and testing.

Thank-you for reading and responding to my query so quickly.

I shall keep you posted

Sincerely,

Mr. Potato

Last edited by Kartoffel; October 31st, 2009 at 05:52 PM..
Old October 31st, 2009, 06:31 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

As a thought not tried but it if you do not want to play at max resolution as things are to small you could set up a diffrent user account just for playing with lower graphic settings or a second default graphics card setting if it supports easy switching.
From what Andy said just set it to less than the WIDTH you want to play in.