.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Old August 17th, 2004, 11:41 PM

Captain

Aku is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MP Game - Newbie Game (by Aku)

I talked to Klatu. He will set it to 24 hours in 15 minutes or so when he gets to the server.
Old August 18th, 2004, 12:01 AM

General

PashaDawg is on a distinguished road

Thanks, Aku. I appreciate your dealing with this stuff.
Old August 18th, 2004, 12:05 AM

Major

The Panther is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Aku said:
I talked to Klatu. He will set it to 24 hours in 15 minutes or so when he gets to the server.
I just checked and it is now 24 hours to next host. Good job, Klatu and Aku.
Old August 18th, 2004, 12:07 AM

Captain

Dont worry Im not interfering in your war because I want to see who wins on their own lol. My other mp game I got thrown into a war at around turn 10 so I am enjoying the early peace time and it doesn't look like anyone is getting ready to invade me either so things look good.
Old August 18th, 2004, 12:40 AM

General

[img]/threads/images/Graemlins/mad.gif[/img] <Frothing at the mouth> BAH!!!! You're not fooling the GREAT SPIDER LORD, Lava-Boy. You're a vulture biding your time and waiting to get your chance to pick some meat off the bones. All according to my plan. <Froth, froth... cough> [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old August 18th, 2004, 12:51 AM

Major

The Panther is on a distinguished road

The Great and Most Powerful Ruler of All, the King of Flames, the holy dragon Smaug himself is going to start his own little war in approximately two turns.

A certain annoying pretender, who stalled the game for several early turns and was summarily booted, has left behind a stupid enemy composed of Chinese weaklings. That worthless pretender does not deserve to survive unbloodied in the Land of Karan.

My advisors tell me that the stupid Chinese enemy has somehow managed to build a powerful force of celestial soldiers. However, we of the mightiest race of them all, the one-and-only true god of Pythium, knows that those celestial soldiers will melt before our might.

Even knowing that simple fact, the Great and Powerful dragon Smaug will offer the nearest neighbors (such as the peaceful sailors of Vanheim and the fliers of Caelum) the golden opportunity to carve into this wimpy Chinese empire.

However, the Great Dragon Smaug does hereby claim the capital of the Chinese, plus all five provinces adjacent to said capital as his own. This even includes the watery province numbered 142. Let it be known to all parties concerned that Smaug will fight bitterly for these claimed provinces.

But Smaug has grwqaciously allowed the lesser nations of Vanheim and Caelum to fight among themselves over the other provinces which will soon no longer be owned by the weaklings of T'ien Ch'i.

Smaug does reserve the right to also annex a couple more provinces in the far NW corner of the map if the battle for the T'ien Ch'i capital goes well and quickly. However, due to the peaceful nature of his neighbors, Smaug hereby promises that he will not take those provinces if said neighbors manage to grab them before before Smaug gets around to annexing them.
Old August 18th, 2004, 01:01 AM

General

The GREAT SPIDER LORD's extensive spy network recently relayed information that T'ien Ch'i scientists discovered a way to make their computers sentient. But, they were too clever for their own good, and the computers eventually killed their creators and took over the T'ien Ch'i government. The GREAT SPIDER LORD hereby gives all pretender-god-pretenders leave to destroy the computer driven heretics. Go forth and do your duty! <cough, cough>
Old August 18th, 2004, 01:43 AM

Corporal

Lex is on a distinguished road

Greetings messenger of Smaug

You are welcome to the pathetic capital of T'ien Ch'i, but beyond the 5 neighbouring provinces (and the swamps surrounding 142), I am instructed to inform you that the peaceful nation of Vanheim claims the North.
Old August 18th, 2004, 02:08 AM

Private

starwarsluke is on a distinguished road

Alright as I said earlier tomorow will be the Last day that my brother and I will be in town. We will be on vacation for ten days. I have set up a plan so that my brother and I can take our turns. However there is two big ifs on if this will succeed. The first is assuming that as long as my brother and I use the same computer even if it is a diffrent computer then the one we have been using so far to submit our turns our turn orders will be accepted. The second is that I am not sure there will be a way to access the internet at one place we will be at for six of the ten days of the trip. Obviously the simple answer would be for someone to take our turns on those days which would work fine for my brother but, I made the stupid mistake of using a password that I have used for a lot of other stuff. So what do you all want me to do? Sorry about this.
Old August 18th, 2004, 02:15 AM

Captain

A backup person to sub would be ideal for the times you cant do your turn. About the pw thing, its not like we know other stuff you use it for.

The ideal sub would be someone who checks the game a lot and will do the turn if you havent and it is going to host soon. I am sure a bunch of us from this group can do it and you can trust. I could do it myself if you cant get anyone but I don't have any experience with Caelum or Arco.