.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old April 6th, 2009, 03:41 AM

Major

Marek_Tucan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New map coming soon!

Thing called real life disrupted my plans and slowed down my progress somewhat, but despite that, the last map for Silver Lions II is slowly progressing. Here is a preview and the map shall be complete this week.

Cheers
Marek
Old April 12th, 2009, 02:57 PM

Major

Okay, so the Silver Lions II map pack is (as it seems) complete, unless I!m in a mood to throw in some extra goodies for y'all

Here is another teaser, showing the maps in real terrain.

Old April 20th, 2009, 11:57 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

High Marek only ask because your maps are class but when you decide to do some more could we have some covering an area of Asia thats not all jungle say Korean border Vietnam or the like. Or a few maps of Russia we have lots of Europe but little to take the fight into Russia. Perhaps if doing a series following a rail line for supply purposses.
Old April 20th, 2009, 03:29 PM

Major

Double_Deuce is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek_Tucan View Post
Okay, so the Silver Lions II map pack is (as it seems) complete, unless I!m in a mood to throw in some extra goodies for y'all

Here is another teaser, showing the maps in real terrain.

Excellent work! Hopefully this will help players get a feel for the ebb and flow of the fighting.
Old June 18th, 2009, 05:46 AM

General

Just got round to taking Sederot 2008 out for a spin, you created a monster
Think this is the hardest map I have played judging LOS both of us have had moments launching attacks only to find the long range support thought you had failed to get on target. Really do have to think ahead on what fire oportunities you think areas might offer. Infantry rule & try any sweeping move at your peril its probably covered, good stuff if hard work.
Old June 18th, 2009, 06:49 AM

Major

Just wait till I kick myself to Golans Got a bit of school stuff recently, but hopefully will get to some mapping soon, though do not know what specific area will be chosen. Thinking of Korea, i believe I have some maps. or maybe Georgia (have 1:100k mil maps). Or Slovakia, for WW2 mostly )have access to a complete 1:25k coverage)... So many places, so little time...
Old June 18th, 2009, 07:41 AM

General

Look forward to when you get round to it, playing on your maps usually requires a bit more thought & looking ahead for where the routes taking you. Unless of course you are into driving over a lot of dodgy terrain, sometimes needs must.
Golans as a thought could you do 2 maps 1 summer then another with splashes of mud, could add myself of course. I like the idea of having some more cluttered maps than normal to choose from for opponents that the game tends to throw up as fairly open terrain most of the time. They all sound good & I would probably use Korea quite a lot as several participants in it.
Old June 21st, 2009, 10:55 PM

General

Was chuffed with my self as pulled off a solid strike, result I thought but my overwatch was looking the wrong way, feeling the pain & trying to figure out how he got there undetected. Keeping overwatch is a big problem as is guessing when to lift your skirts & make a dash for the next section of cover. The top part of the map is fairly straight forward but little fighting occured there, cresting a hill or trying to go round elsewhere though often unleashes a host of surprises. Fighting in the olive groves is vicious with infantry going hand to hand or catching you unawares, vehicles risk at great peril.
Loving it we are stalemated all thoughts of going for flags are gone just a pitched battle with the result hanging very much in the balance. At this rate we may end up going native on this one throwing rocks at the end because there wont be much left.
Enemy APCs may be quite basic but boy do they carry a lot of MGs, getting in range is very unhealthy Jordanian Commander of formation in tatters out.

If added to MBT update may want to correct hexes 64,31 & 77,38 both show paved road but are open.
You spent a lot of time making shallow streams (mainly fords) If was going to be picky a few stream hexes are mud or rough but as have a similar effect think its fine 67,139 & 54,31 are open ground though so possible look at.
Hope you do not mind error reporting a map of this detail bound to be a few glitches.
Old June 21st, 2009, 11:40 PM

Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post
If added to MBT update may want to correct hexes 64,31 & 77,38 both show paved road but are open.
Yep, was initially a bit confused by 64,31, before checking the version of the map - on the "1980s" the bug is just on 77,38, in 2k8 variant it's on both places. fixed.

Quote:
You spent a lot of time making shallow streams (mainly fords) If was going to be picky a few stream hexes are mud or rough but as have a similar effect think its fine 67,139 & 54,31 are open ground though so possible look at.
Found the first, but the second puts me onto nice open terrain that should be so Please check it again, I think the coords are off.

Also found a freak stream on the "1980" variant, fixed it and once you give me the last coords again and I fix it, I will upload both here.

Quote:
Hope you do not mind error reporting a map of this detail bound to be a few glitches.
Of course I do not mind, on the contrary, I am glad somebody is paying close enough attention to the map
Old June 22nd, 2009, 02:20 AM

General

Me bad lost a digit should have been
54,131 + new addition 71,151

Only notice as moving near with a gap in stream move radius makes it obvious as even a ford costs several MP.
More maps should have orchards on them, in woods you know you are going to bump heads unless trees are transparent giving 2 hex view or uneven ground which is predictable.
Orchards much harder to guess, can I see 2 or 3 hexes through it & getting a LOS into them from above can be a real help or pain in my case as he controls the hill top, smoke inbound.