.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old October 13th, 2011, 09:50 AM

Captain

Immaculate is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Immaculate-002: Late Age for Noobs (submit pretenders)

How's everyone doing?

Looks like Jomon has a nice rainbow pretender and Ulm has some sort of SC chasis and everyone else is sleeping.

Any other indicators you can see?
Old October 13th, 2011, 12:18 PM

Sergeant

triqui is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Immaculate-002: Late Age for Noobs (progressing through the early game)

A bit too early to read anything else, really. But it seems Man has the best scales.
Old October 13th, 2011, 10:08 PM

Sergeant

BewareTheBarnacleGoose is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Immaculate-002: Late Age for Noobs (progressing through the early game)

My scouts report that Ulm and I are neighbors
Old October 14th, 2011, 09:54 AM

Private

Moanerette is on a distinguished road

I've achieved my first aim of not being left behind with the first expansion - everyone took a province on turn 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by triqui View Post
A bit too early to read anything else, really. But it seems Man has the best scales.
How can you tell this, out of interest? I looked at the graphs, but I couldn't add the info up to make that kind of judgment.
Old October 14th, 2011, 10:06 AM

Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moanerette View Post
I've achieved my first aim of not being left behind with the first expansion - everyone took a province on turn 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by triqui View Post
How can you tell this, out of interest? I looked at the graphs, but I couldn't add the info up to make that kind of judgment.
Income. Man has the highest natural income (some people is getting more than him, but their income bar is not straight, that means they pushed the taxes to 150% + patrol in the first turn. Man did not such thing in the first turn and had higher income than anyone else). Normally high scales mean high income. It's not true allways, though, some people could go for a high scale start with Magic 3 and Luck 3, and those wouldnt appear in the graph. But normally, high scales mean high income, as Growth, Production and Order all influence your income.

PS: and those with very low starting income, ussually have bad scales. Bad scales often mean high bless, or awakened SC. So beware those with very low starting income.
The Following User Says Thank You to triqui For This Useful Post:
Old October 14th, 2011, 04:07 PM

Corporal

dojango is on a distinguished road

Doesn't the income graph also reflect random events such as trade fairs, gold rushes, etc? So with only one data point (two, now) it seems risky (from an analytical viewpoint) to start drawing conclusions from that.

But hey, if it's good enough for lancet...
Old October 14th, 2011, 04:14 PM

Captain

Immaculate is on a distinguished road

Are you a microbiologist?
Old October 14th, 2011, 04:14 PM

Sergeant

shatner is on a distinguished road

No, the gold and gems gained or lost from random events is not tracked on the graphs. Neither are gold and gems gained or lost from trade with other players.

The very first turn is actually a very good spot to look for income info because it is the only time in the entire game when every nation is in exactly the same situation: one province with an original population of 30,000. The amount that their income varies from the norm can only be from their scales.

Also, turn-1 research means an awake pretender 99% of the time (the other 1% is with select nations like MA C'tis who start with a stealthy commander capable of research; in their case a D1N1 assassin).
Old October 14th, 2011, 04:30 PM

Corporal

dojango is on a distinguished road

I see, I stand corrected.
Old October 15th, 2011, 06:20 AM

Sergeant

Even if random events would apply to income (some does, like those events that permanently raise or reduce your population in a province), there is no event in turn 0. If one of such events happen, you will see the graph of the nation raising, just like you do when you raise the taxes (see my own country for example: it raised the income from turn 0 to turn 1. That *might* be taxes or *might* be an event. In any case, the *starting point* is what matters here) So the begining of the game is allways a trustworthy measure to make a statistical analysis of the scales, becouse nothing else can modify that very first data.

Last edited by triqui; October 15th, 2011 at 06:28 AM..