.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars > Multiplayer & AARs

Old March 28th, 2006, 11:10 PM

Captain

Ygorl is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Turn 60

Wait, no... I've got three of them, and they've been sitting in my land for the whole game until Pangaea and I went to war. Since then, they've been fighting Pangaea. Definitely not a confession.

I've never sent a single hostile unit into another Wyrm's territory, except for Pangaea (and I'm saying this out-of-character). No stealthy preaching, no assassins, no hidden armies, nobody who spreads disease... Nothing. I don't know who's been infecting your folks, but it wasn't me.

And I just realized that it was Cainehill complaining, not djo! I'm a bit confused, but I guess djo was misinterpreting my message as a confession to Cainehill... Anyway, my three little Banh Sidhe Lords (along with all my other nasties) have been, are, and will be confined to my nation except when I am fighting with someone else (and then they'll be confined to my nation and the nation I'm fighting with).
Old March 29th, 2006, 09:09 AM

Major

The Panther is on a distinguished road
Default Turn 60 Delay

I have received all files except for Abysia.

Just to let everyone know, Turn 60 hosting has been delayed until sometime this evening. I am still not sure where my files went on my laptop, and it is going to take some digging to find out. Propbaly something with the problems I have been having with Outlook on my laptop. (I hate Microsoft!)

Actually, I was thinking of giving the fatherland file to Ygorl and let him take over hosting since I will soon be reduced to fighting a losing guerilla war and may be not be long for the world.

Otherwise, I will attempt to figure out what is wrong and host late this evening. I am tied up in meetings until fairly late this evening, so we are in a day+ delay right now.
Old March 29th, 2006, 09:37 AM

Second Lieutenant

djo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Ygorl said:
And I just realized that it was Cainehill complaining, not djo! I'm a bit confused, but I guess djo was misinterpreting my message as a confession to Cainehill...
Indeed we did.

Our nation has not seen unexpected disease, nor do we care to. Whilst our own denials of undertakings of covert operations against our neighbors may lack some credibility at this point, we will merely note that as our chosen dominion suggests (Diabolical Faith), we have not pursued the necromantic technology to summon Harvesters. They are not ours.
Old March 29th, 2006, 01:10 PM

Captain

...if indeed they are harvesters. Might be harpies or dark servants or who knows what, equipped with little charms. Or even, perhaps, a heliophagus!

Dun-dun-dunnnnnnn!

As far as hosting goes, whenever you're ready Panther. If you've got any tips or tricks to make it less onerous or more likely to work, I'd appreciate them. I will move the deadline for turns, since I am almost never home at 5. It'll either be late morning or night-time EST (EDT, soon). I don't think it matters much, but if anyone has a strong preference, I'm open to suggestions.
Old March 29th, 2006, 03:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

djo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Ygorl said:
If you've got any tips or tricks to make it less onerous or more likely to work, I'd appreciate them.
Do you use a Mac? If so, I think Pasha has some scripts to make things easier.
Old March 29th, 2006, 06:51 PM

Captain

I do use a Mac. I'll hit him up.
Thanks.
Old March 29th, 2006, 11:49 PM

Major

Default Turn 61

I attempted to send out Turn 61 this evening. No guarantees that it was done correctly since my Outlook refuses to work properly on my laptop. Also, I have no way to check if everything was done to 100%. Finally, if someone did not get their turn file, there is absolutely nothing I can do about it until I get home on Thursday evening.

Because of all the problems and the lateness of the current turn, the next turn is due on Sunday at 5 PM EST.
Old March 30th, 2006, 09:47 AM

General

PashaDawg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
djo said:
Quote:
Ygorl said:
If you've got any tips or tricks to make it less onerous or more likely to work, I'd appreciate them.
Do you use a Mac? If so, I think Pasha has some scripts to make things easier.
I have an extremely simple Automator script for the Mac. It creates the emails (using Mail), addresses them (using Addressbook), and attaches the proper turn file. I am happy to share it, and I suspect that Ygorl could make it work even better!
Old April 2nd, 2006, 10:05 PM

Major

Default Turn 62

Turn 62 has been sent. The next deadline is Tuesday at 5 PM EDT.

Since Ronan is not long for the world, wryms need to put up any propositions that you want me to support while I still can.

I will be posting a new proposition quite soon, if I can get some spare time in my hectic life.
Old April 2nd, 2006, 10:22 PM

Major

Default Turn 62 Proposition

OK, I wrote the proposition instead of watching a movie...

A new proposition entitled "The Destruction of Pangaea" is open for consideration of all living wryms.