ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 18th, 2006, 05:19 PM

Private

SilverRat is on a distinguished road
Default Is there a way to...

As far as I can see this can't be done in the standard SEIV but it seems to make sense to me so I want to ask if a mod could allow or simulate this situation:
You have several SY's in one sector- perhaps planet(SY), moon(s)(SY), Base SY(s), and Ship based SY's work together on a larger project-adding their efforts to one project instead of working separatly on smaller projects. I would understand if there was a percentage of lossed effort for each additional SY after the first, maybe even on an escalating scale to represent efforts getting in each others' way with "too many cooks in the kitchen." Kind of like a building Fleet that only has one project.
1. Is this possible in the game and as a newb I don't know how to do it?
2. Is it possible to allow this with a mod that exists or could be created? or must the idea be hardcoded in by programmers--for another expansion?
3. Is it a good idea? (Has it been rehashed in thread XXXX from several years ago...?)