Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > TO&Es
Notices

Old January 25th, 2008, 01:26 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

MarkSheppard is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cdo Patch(1.3)

question; are movement, HEK and ranges reduced to make it "scaled" better to commando raids?
Old January 26th, 2008, 02:33 PM

Corporal

welk is on a distinguished road

No, at this time. I think that to continue work will be difficult, due to the problem I noticed : german units refuses to fight and they go out immediately of the map. I have no solution.
Old January 27th, 2008, 05:53 AM

Major

Marek_Tucan is on a distinguished road

Somehow wrecked morale settings?
Old January 27th, 2008, 06:33 AM

Corporal

No idea. Tried changing all parameters, but it doesn't work : german units refuses to fight and go out of map in all cases. I give the patch in the actual situation, with new icons, oob, sounds,etc : if somebody wants to find the solution of the problem and continue the work...
Old January 27th, 2008, 10:23 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

I had a look at that, and thanks for that - I found one of the original bits of code still hard-coded for the 100 wide map, before we introduced variable-sized maps several years ago!.

You have set the scenario up as a meeting engagement. That is one where both sides are expected to move together into contact as they mutually advance on the victory hexes. Your objective hexes are also set up for a meeter, being neutral.

Your scenario seems to have been meant for an attack by the commandos. One where they advance and take the objectives held by the Germans?. In which case you should have an advance or assault mission. And the German held victory hexes should of course be in German control in the first place. (Advanced scenario design can have a defender AI with enemy/neutral held hexes on the map as a counter-attack trigger, but these are really not beginners territory)

Since they are in fact neutral, the AI will step off and try to take them, even if it were defending. (I did not look at your counter-attack settings, but you probably have not even set those, if you just used the meeting engagement style?).

SP scenarios and battles are played right to left (or vice versa). They are not meant to be played fro the top to bottom. There is no "North/South/East/West" - the top of the screen is the "top", but a scenario designer can place a descriptive text as to wherever he wants North e.g. via a text arrow.

Each side has a base line either to the right or to the left of the map. Artillery will come from your base side and so on and so forth - e.g initial retreat pull-backs go towards your map side.

Guess what? - you have set yours up with the sides transposed. (The initial placement of your troops on purchase and their facing should have provided a hint as to this). But the way that sections retreat when under fire is also a clue that sides are 180 degrees out..

The German baseline is on the left of the map, and the UK one is on the right. The scenario date has that pairing as a default - for North African battles (opposite after Normandy). There is a way to swap the base line sides in the scenario editor if needed, however. See the scenario design help for details.

You have set up as a meeter, so the German troops will all charge off to retake the neutral objectives, if no special counter-attack turn is set.

Once all the objective hexes are taken, any AI troops who are moving will, if they have no enemy to advance against, go towards the enemy baseline and there mill about, on the off chance of finding the enemy arty park. Once an objective flips, or they spot enemy to advance on, they will process that. The enemy side is here just behind these German troops of yours, since you have the baselines transposed. The bug you thus exposed, was that the target hex was being miscalculated as slightly off the right side of the map, so instead of patrolling up and down the enemy baseline looking for flak, arty, HQs etc when they had "nothing to do" - they went home for the day !.

NB - you have some loaded landing craft type units, but your scenario is neither a river crossing assault, nor an amphibious assault mission. If the UK side were ever placed under AI control, then the behaviour of these landing boats is undefined, since the AI is only programmed for a beach assault (move to shore and unload, then retire empty barges to own map side) or in the case of the river crossing, barge carrier to river and unload, then barge ferry units back and forth across precisely one (1) width of river. (An island in the middle of a river, or map with several parallel rivers, will not make the AI a happy little camper - it does not know about the need to portage a loaded barge carrier to work river stretch #2). having the map sides transposed, may also throw a spanner in the AI's works here too,if you expected these loaded barges to go in one particular direction..

Cheers
Andy
Old January 28th, 2008, 04:05 PM

Corporal

Ok, thanks for explanations. I will examine the problems/errors/mistakes and try to build a new "test scenario".
Old February 7th, 2008, 09:02 AM

Corporal

Here is the new version of the Cdo test scenario. All problems are solved and it works ok, and german troops are agressive (just noticed that german armored car are a little inactive : no founded the reason...)

Take care, the mission seems very difficult...

The needed Cdo patch is always the same : 1.3 version
Here :
http://www.toofiles.com/fr/oip/docum...ndo_patch.html
Attached Files
File Type: rar 579807-Cdo_Scen_1.0.rar (69.2 KB, 159 views)
Old November 8th, 2009, 04:41 AM

Corporal

Default Re: Commando patch (Attached files)

Had somebody in the past downloaded the files of my old mod "Commando" ? (units, icons, etc.)

It would be nice for me to get it again and work again with

Thanks !
Old November 8th, 2009, 05:15 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

I have created a special little experimental Commando_Patch for Wspww2-2.5, that allows to create "commando scenarios" in special atmosphere of "commando missions" (details in the readme) : new german and allied units, materials, installations, formations, icons, pics, sounds, etc.

Can you verify this is for a game patched to 2.5 NOT 3.5 before I have a look
Old November 9th, 2009, 11:55 AM

Corporal

In fact, I have no more the mod : I lost all files in a crash disk. So, I search it and asked here for someone who would have downloaded these files : my goal is to get the mod again and re-work with.