The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old March 31st, 2003, 03:46 AM

First Lieutenant

Stone Mill is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Are you tough enough to be the "King of the Hill"?

Thermo-

Don't forget to check the basements for pods and the little shops for singing plants.

Old March 31st, 2003, 04:01 AM

First Lieutenant

King Match turn 67:

The vicious Black Hole Riders tracked down a substantial Mercator battle fleet that overextended it's supply line... the defenseless fleet of 25 was massacred.

The Mercator sister fleet quickly retaliated and avenged the atrocity, maintaining a foothold at the enemy front.

Asmala's massive technology edge is rearing it's head... battleships are whipping by against my light cruisers... My ships are very feisty, though.

Gas colonies are now popular in his systems (in addition to rock), but the new colonists boarding the ships have heard rumors of the recent Mercator raids... another Black hole system recently fell, one planet "re-liberated."
Old March 31st, 2003, 07:01 AM

Sergeant

Cheeze is on a distinguished road

Cheeze vs Thermodyne

The Great Block O'Cheeze, the "Most Blooming Exalted Onion" as it is referred to by a loving populace, had directed that the United Flora Empire must grow beyond its roots and explore the galaxy. Directing seed pods everywhere, they had encountered many great gas giants to colonize, some of the right atmosphere, most not. The peace-loving plants had begun to carefully nurture these new buds of Flora civilization when unexpectedly set upon by a Thermolian warship. On one planet, the Thermolians hovered overhead, blocking the life-giving sun from the passive Flora population, endangering their lives. The shrubbery devised a communications vessel with which to contact this Thermolian raider and persuade it to release the planet from shadow. The Thermolians responded by ramming the ship to ensure its destruction....in fact, the only victorious Flora battles that have followed have occured by surviving the ramming attacks of these lawless and savage Thermolians. In the confrontations between Flora peace vessels and Thermolian savagery have resulted in the untimely pruning of the Flora crew...generally in a hail of green-killing missiles. The Flora ships have on numerous occasions attempted to negotiate a peace by NOT FIRING their weapons at all, in hopes that the Thermolians would see this clear desire for peace. It is clear that the Thermolians only see an opportunity to despoil our gardens and tear up the Flora Empire all the way to its roots!

Where's the ka-boom? There was supposed to be an Earth-shattering ka-boom!
Old March 31st, 2003, 05:57 PM

First Lieutenant

Something has been weighing on me, which I mean to rectify.

I formally apologize to Asmala for a remark I posted a while back. I gave the impression that may have been interpreted as an accusation of cheating.

I was just typing in "train of thought" mode; still reeling from losing a very critical battle. My intent was to express my surprise in his advancement... and actually compliment him. I have been in games before where a player has cheated, so I guess that lurks in the back of my mind.

But it is wrong for me to have even slightly insinuated that against Asmala, who is clearly an excellent and fair player.

I may be silly and sarcastic, but I also try to be helpful and fun on the Boards. One thing I'd like not to be is an ***.

I say this right now before our game is unfinished and still in the balance; win or lose.

Asmala, I'm sorry; I hope you accept my apology.
Old March 31st, 2003, 11:20 PM

Captain

Asmala is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Stone Mill:
Something has been weighing on me, which I mean to rectify.

I formally apologize to Asmala for a remark I posted a while back. I gave the impression that may have been interpreted as an accusation of cheating.

I was just typing in "train of thought" mode; still reeling from losing a very critical battle. My intent was to express my surprise in his advancement... and actually compliment him. I have been in games before where a player has cheated, so I guess that lurks in the back of my mind.

But it is wrong for me to have even slightly insinuated that against Asmala, who is clearly an excellent and fair player.

I may be silly and sarcastic, but I also try to be helpful and fun on the Boards. One thing I'd like not to be is an ***.

I say this right now before our game is unfinished and still in the balance; win or lose.

Asmala, I'm sorry; I hope you accept my apology.
Of course I accept your apology. I have tried to be as fair as possible so you can't believe how good that makes me feel.

About that critical battle... after that battle I thought I'll win the match. I was so sure about it that I even thought what kind of crownd I'll add to my picture... Well, the higher your are the harder is the fall :-) Stone Mill really dropped me to the ground and I was and I'm still amazed, he's clearly the best player against I have ever played. He's the king. Asmala bows

I'm also very thankful to Slynky about his post. As he said my intentions wasn't flaunt with my technology, I just tried to explain why my ships were so overpowering. Unluckily the situation has evened out
Old April 1st, 2003, 01:07 AM

Sergeant

Cheeze is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Thermo-

Don't forget to check the basements for pods and the little shops for singing plants.

SSSSHHHHH!!! One species' potted planet is another's spy.

Where's the ka-boom? There was supposed to be an Earth-shattering ka-boom!
Old April 1st, 2003, 02:02 AM

General

Slynky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Thermo-

Good one, Stone, good one!

(beware of meteor showers, too)
Old April 1st, 2003, 02:07 AM

General

Quote:
King Match turn 67:

Asmala's massive technology edge is rearing it's head... battleships are whipping by against my light cruisers... My ships are very feisty, though.

Gas colonies are now popular in his systems (in addition to rock), but the new colonists boarding the ships have heard rumors of the recent Mercator raids... another Black hole system recently fell, one planet "re-liberated."
One thing for sure, if I were in your position, I'd be croaked by now! Sounds like it's a helluva game by any standards.
Old April 1st, 2003, 02:27 AM

General

Quote:
Originally posted by Cheeze:
Cheeze vs Thermodyne

The Great Block O'Cheeze, the "Most Blooming Exalted Onion" as it is referred to by a loving populace, had directed that the United Flora Empire must grow beyond its roots and explore the galaxy. Directing seed pods everywhere, they had encountered many great gas giants to colonize, some of the right atmosphere, most not. The peace-loving plants had begun to carefully nurture these new buds of Flora civilization when unexpectedly set upon by a Thermolian warship. On one planet, the Thermolians hovered overhead, blocking the life-giving sun from the passive Flora population, endangering their lives. The shrubbery devised a communications vessel with which to contact this Thermolian raider and persuade it to release the planet from shadow. The Thermolians responded by ramming the ship to ensure its destruction....in fact, the only victorious Flora battles that have followed have occured by surviving the ramming attacks of these lawless and savage Thermolians. In the confrontations between Flora peace vessels and Thermolian savagery have resulted in the untimely pruning of the Flora crew...generally in a hail of green-killing missiles. The Flora ships have on numerous occasions attempted to negotiate a peace by NOT FIRING their weapons at all, in hopes that the Thermolians would see this clear desire for peace. It is clear that the Thermolians only see an opportunity to despoil our gardens and tear up the Flora Empire all the way to its roots!
Well, a masterful tale if ever I heard one. You know, Bud, if peaceful resolutions don't sprout, you can always pull out your big puns...errrr, guns and make them grown...errrr, (sorry), groan till (get it? till) their brains turn to vegetables. Of course, yew...errrr, you may have Ortho...errrr, other plants...errrr, I mean plans of your own that may lead to the "Great Harvest".

(sorry, the "Avacado of Despair" made me do it)
Old April 1st, 2003, 02:27 AM

General

tesco samoa is on a distinguished road

advance gandaph...

and put me at the bottom..

next game i want to play in a map where the lay out is even

Hey GUTB where did you go...???

He is still driving his mighty armada at 3 miles per month along the interstellar highway bypass and will be arriving shortly