.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > After Action Reports
Notices

Old December 12th, 2008, 10:33 PM

Captain

RERomine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DAR: Sant' Angelo, Italy

Turn 38

Group 12 is running in the open, as much as you can run in a cratered field.

Enemy reinforcments from the North have stalled. Group 3, with help from Group 4 and artillery have stopped them for the moment.

The bridge is gone, so getting reinforcements to Group 4 will be difficult. It's not impossible to get them there, but there is a risk of bogging units down in the stream. With the enemy artillery coming in like it is, I am in no hurry in getting more units over there. Engineers are scattering and one Tiger and two PzKw IVhs are immobilized. Eventually, the enemy will lift their fire. In the meantime, there should be enough troops to hold the objective group. They certainly aren't moving forward. One more flag has been turned on G3.

Two recon tracks are firing on enemy reinforcements coming down from the North. Four others are moving into position to help.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 15 casualties.

Enemy: Estimated 15 casualties.
Old December 12th, 2008, 10:49 PM

Captain

Turn 39

Group 12 is pushing to bridge near objective group G2. Core infantry has caught up with them, but lost one loaded track when a hidden Bofors opened up. I'll have to deal with that quickly.

Group 3 continuing to engage enemy reinforcements coming down. Could be in company strength, but some are already running and artillery is dropping on road intersection that was the Group 3 objective for Phase 2. Recon tracks are helping to slow the enemy reinforcment advance.

Enemy mortar fire is still dropping on Group 4, but the heavy stuff has let up for the moment. Units are trying to push out some to protect the immobilized tanks from any infantry that might happen to pop up. One flag to go in objective group G3. Engineers are clearing mines in the area, not that the tanks can move.

Casualties

Friendly: One SdKfz 250/1 half-track destroyed and estimated 15 casualties.

Enemy: Estimated 20 casualties.
Old December 12th, 2008, 11:06 PM

Captain

Turn 40

Lead elements of Group 12 have pushed across West branch bridge near objective group G2. They will continue to move forward. Follow-up elements can move and capture G2. G1 is the objective group that I'm not sure there will be enough time to get to. Heavy artillery starting to fall in the rear. I'm might move the core infantry around a different way and let the units on foot take the direct route. Artillery has been plotted on the Bofors.

Enemy reinforcements still pushing down from the North. One East of the stream is heading down the road toward the recon tracks. I'm going to send two over to stop it.

Bridge head still getting hit, but units are spreading out so it's not having as much of an affect. One unit stumbled on a bazooka team near G3 and was thrown back. I'll move several units over and take care of it.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 10 casualties.

Enemy: Estimated 10 casualties.
Old December 12th, 2008, 11:27 PM

Captain

Turn 41

Group 12 elements are advancing into town. Infantry units reached the first intersection and another hidden Bofors opened up. I was able to overwhelm it with other infantry units and two Tigers. Rear elements are still moving up, but the core infantry in tracks are still holding position because of the other Bofors. I had pulled up a mark IVh and started firing at 700m. After exchanging fire a couple of times, THE SMOKE DISCHARGERS FIRED!!!. I forgot to turn the stupid things off!! At that range, I wasn't worried about the Bofors getting a penetrating shot. Unfortunately, there weren't any other spots with a clear view. I have to wait for the artillery or infantry to get up there.

Enemy infantry coming from the North is running into a meat grinder. Two platoons of grenadiers, engineer LMGs, two mark IVhs and artillery are making it impossible to get close. Recon tracks moved closer, took care of the one unit running down the road and are catching others from behind.

Light mortar fire coming down on Group 4, but there aren't any packed targets to hit anymore. Engineers were able to get the enemy bazooka team close by.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 5 casualties.

Enemy: One 40mm Bofors destroyed and estimated 10 casualties.
Old December 12th, 2008, 11:54 PM

Captain

Turn 42

Smoke cleared in other locations, so I finally got a clear shot at the enemy Bofors with my mark IVs. As expected, they did a pretty good number on it. Not destroyed, but the Bofor's crew took casualties and was routed. Lead units of Group 12 starting pushing North up the road to objective group 12. About 100m up, they got hit by another Bofors. Two Tigers came up and dispatch it. The infantry moved up another 50m and this time, enemy infantry and a MMG team opened up, so the last Tiger came up and engaged them. Follow up units are spreading out around the road to make sure no bazooka teams get through. One platoon of core infantry are moving up as well, plus a couple more tanks.

Group 3 is taking heavy enemy artillery fire now. One position is on fire, so it will be tough to keep them there. At the moment, the choice is between moving and taking artillery in the open or staying in entrenchments in a burning hex. The choices aren't good, but they are staying put. Two of the recon tracks ended up being in the line of sight of a 57mm ATG and are both destroyed. Friendly artillery is still hitting enemy reinforcements.

Light mortar fire is still coming in on Group 4. I need to get the tracks out of there. They will risk getting bogged down and run across the stream. Stuck is better than dead. Engineers are pushing forward.

Casualties

Friendly: Two SdKfz 250/10 recon tracks destroyed and estimated 10 casualties.

Enemy: One 40mm Bofors destroyed and estimated 15 casualties.
Old December 13th, 2008, 12:21 AM

Captain

Turn 43

Group 12 is slowly pushing up the road. They have eight turns to move two city blocks and there seem to be enemy ambushes every step of the way. The enemy infantry unit encounterd was total routed and the MMG team destroyed. Another infantry unit came down the road and was sent running. The remaining Bofors has been found abandon. One platoon of core infantry came up and dismounted. Two more are coming up, but will stay mounted in case I need to make a dash for it. Rear units are moving into objective group G2. Four flags have been turned. They encountered an enemy 60mm mortar and engaged it. The crew was last seen running.

Group 3 is getting hammered by artillery and some of the grenadiers are running. I managed to get them back under control for the moment, but that won't keep the way enemy artillery is coming in. There is a nearby company of core infantry, so if the grenadiers run, the way will still be blocked. Enemy reinforcements are still trying to get through, but are meeting resistance from the composed elements of Group 3 and elements from Group 4 across the road. Artillery is continuing to slow the advance of enemy units, inflicting heavy casualties.

Group 4 units are pushing North and encountering some enemy infantry. There aren't enough to be a threat at this time. The tracks started pulling back, but one found a mine. At least it was empty.

Casualties

Friendly: One SdKfz 250/1 track destroyed and estimated 10 casualties.

Old December 13th, 2008, 12:37 AM

Captain

Turn 44

Group 12 advanced another 150m up the road. Enemy infantry is on the other side of the intersection in platoon strength, but some have taken damage. One more Bofors was spotted by some of the flanking units. It was engaged by small arms fire and suffered several casualties. Rear units turned two more flags of G2.

Group 3 panzer grenadiers are about at half strength. The artillery is being rough on them. The group engineers are still in the woods, but will hold position. One enemy squad is advancing South along the East bank of the West branch of the stream. My artillery has been as rough on the enemy as theirs has been on me.

Group 4 engineers still pushing out. Enemy artillery hitting near the two mark IVhs North of G3. They have to hold position because there is really nowhere to go.

Casualties

Old December 13th, 2008, 12:56 AM

Captain

Turn 45

Group 12 has secured the intersection and is proceeding North. One squad was about a city block from the G1, but got jumped by two enemy squads and is running. Those are the only two active enemy squads known to be in front of the group. Two mark IVhs and two platoons of core infantry in tracks have closed in on the lead elements and are ready to make a quick push. Rear elements have turned the last flag of G2. It is secure.

Finally, the enemy heavy stuff has let up on Group 3. Only light mortar fire this time. Several enemy units are pushing South, but there aren't enough to get through. The grenadiers have taken a beating, but are still in there fighting. Two bridges the enemy reinforcments have been using to cross have been destroyed, but they are leg units so it doesn't matter much.

Group 4 is holding positions, securing the city block North of G3.

Casualties

Old December 13th, 2008, 01:18 AM

Captain

Turn 46

Lead elements of Group 12 are now one city block away from objective group G1. One platoon of core infantry in tracks moved forward and secured the route through the next block after dismounting. One more enemy infantry unit was encountered, but destroyed by the core. The other two enemy infantry units seen last turn were engaged and sent running. Routed enemy infantry is being pushed to make sure they don't come back. One concern is the 57mm ATG that killed the two recon tracks is somewhere along the road just North of G1. If it's in the intersection, it might be a problem.

Enemy infantry still trying to push through the intersection North of Group 3. Several bazooka teams and a platoon of infantry were trading fire with grenadiers, engineers and tanks. They aren't getting far. Friendly artillery is continuing to fall making their job as difficult as possible.

Group 4 is continuing to hold position and assist Group 3 in holding off enemy reinforcements.

Casualties

Old December 13th, 2008, 01:33 AM

Captain

Turn 47

Group 12 core infantry now within 200m of objective group G1. Those track mounted troops have been able to move quickly up the road. There is an enemy mortar close by, so they will finish that off. All other enemy units in the area are running. The tanks are holding back and will advance if needed. Other Group 12 infantry has pushed out around the tanks to keep bazooka teams away. Enemy artillery is falling on units around G2 and one active squad was seen. I'm not sure where it went to, but I'll push troops out to locate and deal with it. Three mark IVhs are moving up to assist.

Groups 3 and 4 are still fighting off enemy units. They are advancing in company strength, but have taken a real beating and are all but shattered.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 5 casualties.

Enemy: Estimated 10 casualties.