The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old April 27th, 2005, 09:57 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Starhawk is on a distinguished road
Default OT: My Life\'s dream is one step closer!

Hey all I just wanted to say hat because of your guys inspiring words about my "From the Begining" Story I've decided I am finally going to start work on one of my life's dreams and write a real book.

I intend to continue writing the current story until it is complete to help me sharpen my writing skills but thanks to your words I think I've finally got the confidence to start a novel series.

As some of you may know (I know Kerensky does as he's my Best friend in RL) I wrote this story to polish the Icarans as well as my writing style and so I'd like to tell you guys what my goal is:

I intend to write a series called "The Rise of Man" which will take place in an alternate history wherein the Icaran Empire exists the main background to them will be an Expanded version of the background I've given you, and the first story will actually take place at the very dawn of the Space Age in their world my plan is as follows;

Book One:
The Dawn of Space Travel: This story will take place at the very dawn of the Icaran world space age (1892 AD) and will confront the issues that mankind as a whole, Icara as a nation, and obviously several main Characters would face with such a dramatic change in the destiny of mankind. As well as how it shapes the world to come.

Book Two:
The Divine Right: This story will deal with the Icaran Empire's Fall in the Sol system and explain how they were driven from Terra and why. As well as their early years of colonization on Icara and Brandenburg

Book Three:
Refounding the Empire: This book will take place in the early twenty- fifth century and confront the Trials the Icaran people face as they step out once again into space, it will not be a "war story" and for the most part won't have space battle kind of action, and will focus even more on Icaran culture and their beleifs and fears.

Book Four:
To Conquer the Stars: This book will focus on the more "action packed" portions of Icara's refounding their Empire, it will also focus on the good and bad of Icara's goals and actions.

Of course those are just summaries I would obviously put much more story elements behind it once I actually begin writing, but I beleive that a "dynastic" approach to the story would be both refreshing and unique as it would explain the entire Histroy of an Alternate history of Earth and humanity.
And unlike Star Trek's "Terran Empire" these people would not be a bunch of aemoral plotting scheming SOBs as a rule lol. Though it will have a lot of action in the series I want it to mainly be about the people and the cultures involved.
Anyway does this sound interesting to any of you guys?

"If men build things to look like our penis such as towers and ships does that mean female achitects represent women having penis envy?"
A line that made me chuckle, I can't remember where I heard it I just know it made me laugh.

"I'm not really a slapper....I mainly punch and gouge."
Tammy Lee my kung fu instructor/sifu's daughter when asked if she ever slapped a boy for saying something nasty to her.
Old April 27th, 2005, 12:42 PM

Captain

bearclaw is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT: My Life\'s dream is one step closer!

Sounds great! And if SEV takes off like Aaron is hope (and indeed I'm sure all of us are to) then you could even get it made as an offical SE Novel! That'll be cool.

Good luck!
A+ Se+++ GdY $++ Fr- C+ Csp Sf* AuO M++ MpTFdAM St RTNH Pw++ Fq++ Nd++ Rp++ G++ Mm++ Bb++ L+ Tcp-
Old April 27th, 2005, 04:19 PM

National Security Advisor

PvK is on a distinguished road

Neat, Starhawk!
Old April 27th, 2005, 05:44 PM

First Lieutenant

Makinus is on a distinguished road

Just don´t fall in the Good Guys(TM) x Bad Guys(TM) trap, no Good Guy(TM) is completely good and no Bad Guy(TM) is completely bad...
Old April 27th, 2005, 06:29 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Starhawk is on a distinguished road

Oh don't worry about that i hate the "good guy" "bad guy" thing because the world is hardly black and white today why would it be in an alternate history or in the future?

It's grey sometimes good people do terrible things in the name of a cause and some times "bad people" do good things because they don't necessarily mean to be "bad".

"If men build things to look like our penis such as towers and ships does that mean female achitects represent women having penis envy?"
A line that made me chuckle, I can't remember where I heard it I just know it made me laugh.

"I'm not really a slapper....I mainly punch and gouge."
Tammy Lee my kung fu instructor/sifu's daughter when asked if she ever slapped a boy for saying something nasty to her.
Old April 27th, 2005, 07:50 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

There are places you can publish a book online. Use a paint program to design a cover or images, PDF the inside, upload it to the site. They will provide a link to sell it.

If anyone clicks that link then the site will handle the order, credit cards and all that, then print the book and send it to the person.

The result is pretty good. I think everyone doing an AAR story here should do one. Even if you are shooting for a real publishing you can do that after selling some this way.

Well anyway, Ive pitched this before. If you want a site check out my pitch at
www.OddThotz.com/CafePress.html

Im still hoping someone will do a "two side" novel. The left page is story, and the right page is actual game actions. A combination hook and tutorial. OR a compilation of mods and races for SEIV Gold on a CD
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old April 27th, 2005, 08:58 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road

You got my support Starhawk. Go for it and I look forward to buying your books.
Old April 27th, 2005, 10:42 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Combat Wombat is on a distinguished road

Go with a real publisher and make some money.

Good luck man you can count on me buying a copy of each.

A* Se+++ GdQ $? Fr! C* Css Sf-- Ai% Au M+++ Mp* S@ Ss++++ RNSHP Pw++ Fq+++ Nd++ Rp++ G++++ Mm++ Bb+++@ L+ Tcp--
Get the newest Version of Invasion! here: http://www.secenter.org/

Old April 27th, 2005, 10:57 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

narf poit chez BOOM is on a distinguished road

Good luck on your life's dream.
Sig updated to remove non-working links.
Old April 28th, 2005, 01:26 AM

Lieutenant General

Kamog is on a distinguished road

Sounds great! It's wonderful that you're pursuing your dreams and I wish you the best of success in your endeavor.