.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old November 2nd, 2009, 09:03 PM

BANNED USER

Frozen Lama is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Noob LA Game: Cataclysm - And Begin!

Wait, at least let us look for a sub or something. going AI is the worst thing you can do to a game. just give me the admin pass and i will try and find a sub ok?

you can't just say "hey guys sorry, but i'm going to screw the game over and give my entire empire away for free."
Old November 3rd, 2009, 08:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

Fakeymcfake is on a distinguished road

Well not for free, it'll take good number of turns for him to take me down, and quite honestly I can't beat him at this point or really string together a decent defense with the time I have or the resources. It's not worth finding a sub over and it would be unfair to.

And it won't screw over the game, you guys still have ample opprotunity to take some of my land if you act fast enough as most of his forces are arrayed elsewhere.

Edit: It's a moot point now anyhow, as I just checked and the game hosted. Seriously, my position was one where I felt entirely uncomfortable getting a sub as it is a losing battle. Normally I would have played it out until the end but with my studies the way they are I had to cut some things out and this game in particular was requiring far too much micromanagement. If you think I'm a jerk for doing as I've done, sorry you feel that way but honestly the game will proceed fine and you all have a more than ample chance at winning.
Old November 4th, 2009, 01:03 AM

BANNED USER

Well first off, i will take over admin in your absence.

second, Gath has armies set to take your provinces, and thus can take them much faster than anyone else, and doubling their gem income in the process. sure i can steal a few, but neither me nor ryleh really can compete in the land grab.

I guess i can see if you really don't have time to play, but it would have been nice if we had gotten a warning that you'd be going AI.

I think its also frustrating for me because i've been fighting a Mictlan that has fought to the absolute last and never given an inch, and now Gath gets a freebie.

but i guess i was just pissed yesterday, but now i guess i'm ok with it. hopefully it won't unbalance the game too much.
Old November 4th, 2009, 05:59 AM

Sergeant

Ferrosol is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Lama View Post
Well first off, i will take over admin in your absence.

second, Gath has armies set to take your provinces, and thus can take them much faster than anyone else, and doubling their gem income in the process. sure i can steal a few, but neither me nor ryleh really can compete in the land grab.

I guess i can see if you really don't have time to play, but it would have been nice if we had gotten a warning that you'd be going AI.

I think its also frustrating for me because i've been fighting a Mictlan that has fought to the absolute last and never given an inch, and now Gath gets a freebie.

but i guess i was just pissed yesterday, but now i guess i'm ok with it. hopefully it won't unbalance the game too much.
True in theory but you missed one important point about my ability to take over Marignon. My stunning incompetence
Old November 8th, 2009, 06:13 PM

Sergeant

Ferrosol is on a distinguished road

Would it be possible to delay the current turn for 24 hours?
Old November 8th, 2009, 07:00 PM

BANNED USER

done
Old November 10th, 2009, 11:37 PM

BANNED USER

ok, i got to ask- What's up with Mari shooting up in provs? is it just the whole dividing up armies 50 times and swarming PD? i think since there is only three of us left, we should start writing little AARs
Old November 14th, 2009, 10:50 PM

BANNED USER

you guys know that if you need a delay, i will give it? no reason to be staling
Old November 16th, 2009, 10:13 PM

BANNED USER

I guess this is only really directed at you pelthin, but just so you know, i will be delaying the next turn until at least Ferrosol posts or sends in a turn. we both benefit hugely from gath's stales, but i want this game to end legitimatly.
Old November 17th, 2009, 11:08 PM

BANNED USER

Well Ferrosol apparently has too many RL things going on. this game would be a nightmare to find a sub for. ( i will pm you this as well pelthin) So i have a question for you. We can A) try and find a sub. B) you and me can just say ok, lets kill each other for a few turns and see who wins, or C) You could concede to me. I only put option C there because at this point, i have almost double your provs, a much larger gem income, and a huge army that can actually kill things. Mictlan will be dead soon, and then my entire nation can focus on you. I know that Ryleh has a ton of clams, but i suspect i have at least as many more bloodstones, which makes it up a little, and i have several bonus sites which give me a huge edge.

I leave it up to you.