Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 65
Battleground - CBM, max lvl 6 magic, no site search/research - Finished - Page 10 - .com.unity Forums
.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old January 27th, 2011, 11:53 PM

Major General

Valerius is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Battleground - CBM, max lvl 6 magic, no site search/research - Running

Darn it, I had been postponing hosting because Shin's turn wasn't in but wasn't able to do so this time and he staled. We had a major battle this turn as I broke the siege of one of my forts. He already had his formation set as this siege has been going on for a while but I don't know if he planned on bringing in reinforcements.

Also, I've been meaning to ask what the interest level in the game is at this point. My sense is that it isn't very high. There's no point in continuing if nobody wants to. Note that I'm fine with continuing if people want to but I thought I'd throw the question out there.
Old January 28th, 2011, 03:31 AM

Captain

LDiCesare is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Battleground - CBM, max lvl 6 magic, no site search/research - Running

I'm pretty happy keeping fighting C'tis, even though I know the northern realms will smash us both as soon as they decide to.
I finally got rid of all the marshmasters he sent against me. Now just to finish the shamans and I can strike back with my army of steel-clad crippled infantry!
Old January 28th, 2011, 08:17 PM

Major General

Lol, that's quite a fight you two have going there. But I have to agree that once Shin and Eriu defeat me (as they almost certainly will) they will roll over you two. That's ok; sometimes it's fun to have a good 1 vs. 1 fight even if it does take both parties out of contention. And who knows, maybe you'll be able to fracture the Shin/Eriu partnership and manage to get back in the running.
Old January 28th, 2011, 10:03 PM
Major General

Squirrelloid is on a distinguished road

Ctis is kind of crippled in this game, since all my useful spells for army clearing are post level 6. Oh well, our unending conflict has doomed us both no matter who wins.

Ulm: Order of the Black Rose - Reimagining MA Ulm

A more Sombre forum: http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?.act=idx. Now with more Maerlande.
Old January 29th, 2011, 12:05 AM

Corporal

zlefin is on a distinguished road

hey, we're not THAT tough up here in the north. i know my interest has been waning for some time; but i can easily keep playing, not like turns take long.
Old January 29th, 2011, 12:02 PM

Corporal

Dark Kitty is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerius View Post
Darn it, I had been postponing hosting because Shin's turn wasn't in but wasn't able to do so this time and he staled. We had a major battle this turn as I broke the siege of one of my forts. He already had his formation set as this siege has been going on for a while but I don't know if he planned on bringing in reinforcements.
Sorry about that, I thought I had actually submitted my turn (I already submitted the one for this turn, just to be sure^^) (I shouldn't have procrastinated to storm that castle :P)

I have lost a little interest too, since it feels we've been playing the middle game for a long time and I don't see anyone getting a clear advantage (the graphs are a little deceiving I think), but I don't mind keeping playing either, it is an original game and we have plenty of gems to have fun with
Old January 30th, 2011, 07:05 AM

Major General

Yeah, this is a game that begins and ends with the middle game. It occurs to me that capping magic at level 6 and then having almost all of those spells available from the beginning of the game eliminates research as a way to get an advantage on an opponent - and to that extent increases the chances of stalemates.

I think the main thing needed to decide this war is for Eriu to go on the offensive. When he entered the war I thought I'd have to deal with him first (and quickly) since he's my neighbor, while retreating as needed through Caelum's lands when you attacked. The problem was that all my attacks on Eriu were complete failures (I really like playing glamour nations - I'm not having as much fun fighting one ). But he didn't take advantage and so I was able to put together the force I just used to break your siege.

You aren't kidding about having lots of gems - I can kill those shuras of yours but there's just so many of them (fully equipped, no less).

So, I guess we'll keep playing for now and see how things go.
Old March 12th, 2011, 07:24 AM

Captain

What a cripple fight!
Ulm and C'tis pretenders are a good match for each other. C'tis climate is quite good for growing afflictions...
Old March 18th, 2011, 09:20 PM

Major General

I was asked about taking a vote whether to continue the game, since interest seems even lower than last time I checked (this is apparent from the multiple postponements every turn to avoid stales). I'm fairly certain LDiCesare would like to continue, and I don't like to cut a game short when someone is still interested in it, but keeping it going when nobody else is interested also isn't a good solution (btw, I give everyone credit for continuing to play even though they may not be into the game). So, what do you all say?

Edit: If we do continue I'm going to stop postponing hosting unless I am asked to do so. Normally I will postpone hosting if I see someone about to stale, but in this case it is really dragging the game out and making it even less likely to ever come to a conclusion (we're probably averaging a turn about every 5 days).
Old March 19th, 2011, 05:55 AM

Captain

I'm still interested, but if noone else wants to continue, we can just stop it.