Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old January 1st, 2007, 12:14 PM

Major

Marek_Tucan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WinSPMBTver3.0 Info

just to be sure... So now I may move all shots representing say HESH used as HE in my OOB's to the HEAT shot? Thus say Scorpion's ammo complement consisting entirely from HEAT rounds that would be, if ordered or needed, fired as well on infantry? Do I get it right?
Old January 1st, 2007, 12:41 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
JohnHale said:

Don,

"This is NOT a cumulative patch so it does not have the previous patches included"

I presume it can be patched if you are at v2.5 or v2.51 equally without problems? Just checking.....

John

Yes. The only change to v2.51 was the gun tube orientation and that has been reverted to "normal" in all versions of the game. If you have 2.51 that change carries over into V3

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old January 1st, 2007, 01:58 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
RVPERTVS said:
Great News Don! Ive been waiting for that patch, some new features look interesting. Keep up that good work!

Iīm curious though about the picklist updates and revisions and the opfire filtering bonus, what are those about?

Regards
Robert
Picklist changes were done for a variety of reasons. Sometimes we found the AI was buying too much of this or that and it was balanced or new formations were added for a specific time period that would enhanced the AI's picks so changes were made or just simply becasue errors were found where the AI was buying a formation that wasn't there simply becasue 23 had been entered instead of 24 or 33. We didn't document the changes, if we documented everything we did the patch wouldn't have been ready until March.

I set up a webpage to explain the bonus OPfire feature.
CLICK HERE to read about it. This will give you a general idea of what it's about.

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old January 1st, 2007, 02:12 PM

Sergeant

cbreedon is on a distinguished road

"4) Opfire filtering has been added as a bonus for players owning the CD version of the game"

Don

Does this mean the older CD's or just ones purchased after this upgrade?
Old January 1st, 2007, 02:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

Artur is on a distinguished road

Quote:
DRG said:
Quote:
RVPERTVS said:
Great News Don! Ive been waiting for that patch, some new features look interesting. Keep up that good work!

Iīm curious though about the picklist updates and revisions and the opfire filtering bonus, what are those about?

Regards
Robert
Picklist changes were done for a variety of reasons. Sometimes we found the AI was buying too much of this or that and it was balanced or new formations were added for a specific time period that would enhanced the AI's picks so changes were made or just simply becasue errors were found where the AI was buying a formation that wasn't there simply becasue 23 had been entered instead of 24 or 33. We didn't document the changes, if we documented everything we did the patch wouldn't have been ready until March.

I set up a webpage to explain the bonus OPfire feature.
CLICK HERE to read about it. This will give you a general idea of what it's about.

Don
I am member of the beta team and tested the OP fire filter feature extensively.
Those who remember the long debate we had over the topic earlier on I can tell this solution is much better than the solution I proposed there. And the good news is that practice showed that the feature fulfills all the good things it was expected to fulfill. A lot of gamey practices will be history very soon.

Good gaming,
Artur.
Old January 1st, 2007, 02:24 PM

Sergeant

RVPERTVS is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the reply Don, Iīll have to take a closer look to that opfiltering option, seems interesting.

Iīve posted some time ago that I thought that in most generated battles below 4000 pints the AI was buying to much infantry that the battle didnīt look like armored warfare at all but guerrilla battles. I hope this new picklist update fixes this situation somehow.

There are some changes that I donīt see listed and were mentioned to be included in this forum like the AI apc routine implemented in winspww2 for example, under wich the apcs now tend to carry infantry to the front (something like that)And other AIīs improvements carried over from winww2 and AI improvements in general.

Thereīs other issues reported fixed that I donīt see in the list.

Regards
Robert
Old January 1st, 2007, 03:52 PM

Private

CFeicht is on a distinguished road

Nice.

Which OOBs were heavily scrubbed?

C.
Old January 1st, 2007, 04:13 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
cbreedon said:
"4) Opfire filtering has been added as a bonus for players owning the CD version of the game"

Don

Does this mean the older CD's or just ones purchased after this upgrade?

Anyone who owns a CD version of the game will have this feature initilized once the patch is installed no matter when it was bought.

Don

Old January 1st, 2007, 04:43 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
RVPERTVS said:
Thanks for the reply Don, Iīll have to take a closer look to that opfiltering option, seems interesting.

Iīve posted some time ago that I thought that in most generated battles below 4000 pints the AI was buying to much infantry that the battle didnīt look like armored warfare at all but guerrilla battles. I hope this new picklist update fixes this situation somehow.
Everyone has their own ideas of what's "right". If we started loading up the early picks with armour someone else would howl when their US/UK/NATO AI opponent buys 6 tanks and a company of infantry and that's all for a 4000 point game. As it is now for 4000 points the Brit player might get two or three tanks in a typical random AI pick for battles in 2007. If we give more tanks in "low point" battlesyou get a lot less of everything else and what's "low point" in 1950 is not the same as "low points" 2010

If this really bothers you the simple solution is to set up the game so YOU pick the AI's equipment and let it do the deployment. That way we don't have to guess what 10,000 people all want and if all you want is mainly tanks you'll get what you want. If we coded it to give you what you always expect it's the same thing as you doing the picks yourself anyway. Besides, the game is now "combined arms" Its stopped being a "tank" game years ago but if you want a "tank game" you can pick the AI's force for it and let it do the deployment

Quote:
RVPERTVS said:
There are some changes that I donīt see listed and were mentioned to be included in this forum like the AI apc routine implemented in winspww2 for example, under wich the apcs now tend to carry infantry to the front (something like that)And other AIīs improvements carried over from winww2 and AI improvements in general.

The problem is we have two very similar games in developent and what we are working with is frequently months ahead of what the players have and since many of these changes were put into the game months ago we forget to mention it becasue we are so used to seeing them. So, Yes the AI will pick up infantry for the APC's and move them to the front. We think ALL the changes that went into the last version of WinSPWW2 that we not in MBT are now in WinSPMBTv3 and all the changes that are now in WinSPMBTv3 that are not in WinSPWW2 are going into WinSPWW2 next week.

Quote:
RVPERTVS said:
Thereīs other issues reported fixed that I donīt see in the list.

Regards
Robert
Well perhaps if you tell me what they are I can tell you if they were fixed ? As I said earlier, we don't write down every little thing we do. That's what "Plus many other small tweaks and adjustments " is meant to cover.

Don

Old January 1st, 2007, 04:52 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
CFeicht said:
Nice.

Which OOBs were heavily scrubbed?

C.

"Heavily" ? Poland comes to mind as one that has had a lot of additions. Canada's had some additons. Hungary I spent some time with a few months back. The problem answering that is that generally the main OOB work was done in the fall but every week has had some things done to at least a few of them. EVERY OOB has had at least some work. You won't load them up and see 92 radically changed but they have all had work done to them

Don