War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old January 16th, 2004, 03:53 PM

Colonel

gregebowman is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Deathstalker\'s Gold-D-2 Mod Uploaded to PBW

Quote:
Originally posted by Deathstalker:
"Before I d/l this, is this intented for PBW only, or can solo players use it also?"

It can be used for both, I'm quite happy with how it does solo play as thats my main mode of play as well. The Borg are a challenge as is the regular AI's (the Red Gauntlets, Drushocka, Norak and Cephalopeian are quite nasty and the EDF are great later on, very much Wave Motion gun happy ).

I will be adding more AI's later, intend to include an updated Krill, Cardassian, Star Wars Empire, Comet Empire and another AI only race the Pirates.
CAn't wait to play this. Unfortunatley, was only able to get the mod itself on my computer. I'll get the supporting shipsets sometime over the weekend and will play the mod then. Sounds like a good one.
Old January 16th, 2004, 07:49 PM

Corporal

Imperial is on a distinguished road

Just wondering--i believe i installed everything correctly, but i cannot generate maps with alot of systems. I choose large but the maps seem small to me? Am i missing something?
Old January 16th, 2004, 08:25 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Fyron is an unknown quantity at this point

What kind of systems are they? Maps with the Grid type are always limited to a finite maximum of systems. So are Spiral type quadrants.
--- Due to restrictively low sig limits, you must visit this link to view the rest of my signature.
Old January 17th, 2004, 12:42 AM

Captain

Deathstalker is on a distinguished road

"Just wondering--i believe i installed everything correctly, but i cannot generate maps with alot of systems. I choose large but the maps seem small to me? Am i missing something? "

Nope, that was just a personal preference, and with Fyrons FQM in there with so many moons and the all colonize option I didn't feel the need for so many systems. I set the default to 75. If you want more just go into the Data folder of the mod, open the Settings.txt file with notepad/something and edit the number of systems line to more, 255 I believe is max.

Human existance is all imagination...Reality is no more than a simple agreement among its participants that this is where we shall meet, and these are the rules that we shall abide by.- Kevin McCarthy/David Silva The Family:Special Effects..

Long Live the Legion!!-Comic book fandom...
Old January 17th, 2004, 01:20 AM

Corporal

Imperial is on a distinguished road

cool, thanks for the reply))--nice mod btw)
Old January 19th, 2004, 07:46 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Fyron is an unknown quantity at this point

Those images are certainly in FQM Deluxe. Where did you download it from and what Version is it?
--- Due to restrictively low sig limits, you must visit this link to view the rest of my signature.
Old January 20th, 2004, 02:47 AM

Colonel

Deathstalker, I set this up acccording to your instructions, but I'm getting error Messages when nebulaes are supposed to appear. I know I got the latest Version of FQM Deluxe, but what am I missing? It's asking for nebulaes 18 and 32, that I know of. And those aren't in the picture files. Where can I find those?
Old January 20th, 2004, 03:21 AM

Corporal

HEMAN is on a distinguished road

Gregebowman i had the same problem.To solve it is this.What i did is download FQM Deluxe 2.08.I Copy-paste the System folder from FQM Deluxe to the Gold D mod.Place the system folder in the picture folder of Gold D mod.And thats it.My game works fine now.Hope this helps.

Deathstalker this game is AWSOME, so many mounts CHALK FULL OF NUTS.
Old January 20th, 2004, 11:27 AM

Captain

Deathstalker is on a distinguished road

LOL,

Thanks HEMAN. I did kinda go overboard with the mounts . I just made alot AI specific so they had a few advantages or at least didn't have to develop 3 or more tech's to get the same mount (and thus keep up with or have an edge over the human player who could naturally design ships better).

That being said I've found a few 'bugs' that I'll update later (mainly the fighter spinal mount being used by the rocket pods, ouch!). I also want to add in a few new decoy missiles (a 'decoy drone' type missile, huge hitpoints but a seeker speed of 1 or 2 and a range of up to 10 or 12, great to soak up pdc, going for and Honor Harrington type missile decoys here sort of. (OT, anyone seen the trailer for that new Angela Jole/Jude Law movie 'Skycaptain' something or other??, Angela's looks just scream Honor!! Damn they need an Honor movie with her in the lead role!))

Anyone else have some likes/dislikes/requests??

Human existance is all imagination...Reality is no more than a simple agreement among its participants that this is where we shall meet, and these are the rules that we shall abide by.- Kevin McCarthy/David Silva The Family:Special Effects..

Long Live the Legion!!-Comic book fandom...
Old January 20th, 2004, 03:30 PM

Colonel

Quote:
Originally posted by Imperator Fyron:
Those images are certainly in FQM Deluxe. Where did you download it from and what Version is it?
Unfotunately, I tried to find the file on my SEIVG cd, but I was having trouble accessing the disc. So I'm not sure which Version is on my HD. I thought I had upgraded it, because I'm 99% sure I did d/l the most recent Version of FQM deluxe. I'll re-d/l it and pray that my disc didn't crap out on me. I'd hate to d/l all of those files again.