.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old May 28th, 2010, 03:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

TwoBits is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Countdown - ***Started***

The Stone Circle of Marverni wishes to say this:

We control three of the six Sacred VP Provinces (as declared by the previous Pentakrator, RIP). But we have not, and will not, declare "ownership", and thus vp's, until we have proven ourselves worthy to do so, in honest warfare (consider that our pledge!).

Arcoscephale, while we have been friendly to you in the past, your provocations of late have been grievous. More than one of our Druids, most holy to the mighty Bump of Chicken, have been slain by your foul "lightning", costing us a great deal in gold and gems (consider our anguish and frustration when we saw that important commanders with valuable gear had been slain by your folly!).

Marverni will defend its own interests of course. But do not count on us to defend you from your own mistakes - Arcoscephale, you are on your own.

The Stone Circle
Old May 28th, 2010, 05:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

Hoplosternum is on a distinguished road

I am off on holiday. Valerius has kindly agreed to sub for me while I am gone.
Old May 28th, 2010, 05:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

Hoplosternum is on a distinguished road

I have sent Valerius's email address to chrispederson to change Helheim's email address while I am away.
Old May 28th, 2010, 06:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

Verjigorm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacekeeper View Post
when looking for help, its probably not wise to cast Wrath of God beforehand. I never would have attacked you if you didnt cast that global.
I had to cast it. TNN has Glamour stealth units. I need to be able to kill them even if I cannot see them. The global would not have been cast but for the attack by TNN. I realize that it is a diplomatic nightmare, but... There really isn't a better defense against strong glamour stealth units.

As for assistance, Twobits, I hadn't expected any after casting Wrathful Skies. It's not a move that I would have preferred to take, but I had no choice--without the global, TNN may very well have overrun my defenses--His thugs are rather powerful and he is using Fog Warriors. TNN, rather than electing to fight over the VP provinces in and of themselves, decided to lie to me (indicating that he had no intention of attacking) and then begin taking provinces with his glamour stealth army. While you may consider Wrathful skies a "mistake", I may have died but for it's power and that would have been a far greater mistake.

As a final note... If there were a version of Wrathful Skies that only affected provinces under white candle, that would have truly been my preference, but no such option exists. I also do not mind so much taking the current position I have as the VP accumulation would have turned everyone on me anyway eventually, and I do so very much enjoy a challenge.

20 turns until I win at present velocity... 20 turns of King of the Hill... If I succeed it will be spectacular. If I fail, t'will have been a most excellent fight!

Last edited by Verjigorm; May 28th, 2010 at 07:09 PM..
Old May 28th, 2010, 10:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablomatic View Post
It so happens that Arco's Capitol is located in province 97 on the north bank of the river, between two bridges to the west of the VP lake, if anyone didn't know. It was this discovery, in part that prompted our war. Arcosephale cannot allow anyone close to the VPs because his capitol is there, while we can allow help against him from any quarter, and do not need to hold the VPs.
...and thus you realize the crux of the problem as I have from the beginning of the game. I had, when the game started, imagined that we would all be spaced a bit further from the VP provinces, but was astounded on my first turn to realize that I would spend the entire game defending the sacred lake... Quite an interesting challenge, no?

My primary goal was to stave of discovery of this little piece of information for as long as possible. I had never imagined it would take 45 turns for that to become general knowledge. ^_^

This game is such fun, so far. I'm sure you won't disappoint me.
Old May 28th, 2010, 10:38 PM

BANNED USER

chrispedersen is on a distinguished road

Email address for Hellheim changed.
Old May 28th, 2010, 10:57 PM

Corporal

Pablomatic is on a distinguished road

I have posted and looked for a sub. I don't have one. I will be gone on business from this Saturday, May 3 to the following Saturday June 4.

What shall I do. It would be a shame to put TNN on AI. Please advise.
Old May 29th, 2010, 12:25 AM

Sergeant

Peacekeeper is on a distinguished road

post a thread about it, not just in the "looking for subs" topic. noone checks that anyway. Be sure to include basic information about the game, for example its turns 46(not sure its actually this but its in the ballpark), you are one of the stronger nations in the game, etc.
Old May 29th, 2010, 01:01 AM

Second Lieutenant

Quote:
I have posted and looked for a sub. I don't have one. I will be gone on business from this Saturday, May 3 to the following Saturday June 4.

Hell no! I don't care if you have to pause it for 7 days.

Of course, it's up to a majority vote I suppose.
Old May 29th, 2010, 09:00 AM

Corporal

Pablomatic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verjigorm View Post
Quote:

Hell no! I don't care if you have to pause it for 7 days.

Of course, it's up to a majority vote I suppose.
Thanks Verjigorm, you also are a worthy opponent.

Looks like I have a sub. I believe all I have to do is send Chrispeterson the sub's email when I have it.
I'll keep you posted, because I've already sent in the last turn I can for awhile.