Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old September 19th, 2009, 04:29 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: question on Supply trks/depots

Both units (supplier & reciever) need to be stationary for the entire turn for resupply to happen. Unless heavily suppresed automatic as Andy described.
Must be in same hex or adjacent unless a dump or bunker which supply at half rate 1 hex further out.
Ammo Cannisters will not resupply big weapons based on warhead size (see game guide for more info) but the rest should reload pretty much anything.

If you had it by a unit that is firing & it is supplying that unit first it may never get time to reload the other stuff.
If its next to ATGMs SAMs or heavy arty they are slow to reload so it has no "time" to reload another unit further down the list.
Loads in order of purchase so if its main role is to supply arty but might need for SAMs to as a priority buy the SAMs before the arty & it will reload them first otherwise it will just keep toping off the arty as it fires.
Old September 19th, 2009, 03:15 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac5732 View Post
Andy, tks for the feedback, however, in one of the scenerios that i played, can't remember which one as I've played a good portion of them. I did have ammo trks that showed so much he, ap etc.points and they were reduced as they resupplied units. I wish I could remember which one it was. But I will try again to use resupply, I had l unit next to the hex and 1 unit in the same hex, neither one after 4 turns received supply... however, I just bought another supply trk in my current campaign game and will let you know if it works... Tks again to everyone for the helpful feedback, appreciate it... tks again

mac

If you continue to have problems with this, post a save game and give others on the forum a chance to look at it.

Don
Old September 19th, 2009, 10:33 PM

Brigadier General

mac5732 is on a distinguished road

If it continues, I will post a save game, tks again everyone for the feedback and help

mac

BEWARE; crochety old geezers play SE4, in between bathroom runs
Phong's Head Parking
Old September 26th, 2009, 12:50 AM

Brigadier General

mac5732 is on a distinguished road

ok, new game same problem, l tank and l armored car in same hex as ammo trk for six turns, none of them have moved and none of them have been resupplyed. I'm willing to send you the save game files if you would send me your emails. send to mac5732@gmail.com
this is getting frustrating especially when my armor runs out of ammo.... UGH (I would post here but apparantly this site doesn't work with a cmt file....

tks mac

BEWARE; crochety old geezers play SE4, in between bathroom runs
Phong's Head Parking
Old September 26th, 2009, 07:06 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac5732 View Post
ok, new game same problem, l tank and l armored car in same hex as ammo trk for six turns, none of them have moved and none of them have been resupplyed. I'm willing to send you the save game files if you would send me your emails. send to mac5732@gmail.com
this is getting frustrating especially when my armor runs out of ammo.... UGH (I would post here but apparantly this site doesn't work with a cmt file....

tks mac
Zip or RAR both the game files up together just like you would send as a PBEM and attach to your message, and I'll have a look.

Andy
Old September 26th, 2009, 04:17 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

I tried a game using the same nationalities and year as the first example and resupplied both tanks and mortars with an ammo truck from both the same hex and the adjacent hex with no problem.

I then tried a test game in 1941 using tanks and armoured cars and once again I was able to resupply both the tanks and the AC's from both the same hex and the adjacent hex with no problem.

This is not to say there isn't a problem someplace because we know from past experience that sometimes it's a combination of things that can cause a problem but without a detailed report of what units were involved and/or a save game we can only guess why you are having this problem and nobody else is reporting it. Who knows, it might be turn related but we can't guess what turn you're on and that's why I suggested a week ago if you have this problem again to post the save games. As Andy mentioned, you'll need to zip or RAR them up first

Don
Old September 26th, 2009, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
I tried a game using the same nationalities and year as the first example and resupplied both tanks and mortars with an ammo truck from both the same hex and the adjacent hex with no problem.

I then tried a test game in 1941 using tanks and armoured cars and once again I was able to resupply both the tanks and the AC's from both the same hex and the adjacent hex with no problem.

This is not to say there isn't a problem someplace because we know from past experience that sometimes it's a combination of things that can cause a problem but without a detailed report of what units were involved and/or a save game we can only guess why you are having this problem and nobody else is reporting it. Who knows, it might be turn related but we can't guess what turn you're on and that's why I suggested a week ago if you have this problem again to post the save games. As Andy mentioned, you'll need to zip or RAR them up first

Don
The only obvious one that occurs to me (without having a savegame to see) is that something else is being supplied by that truck.

e.g - you have parked Bill and Fred on ammo truck Bert hoping for supply. However, Art the howitzer is also in range of Bert and is happily banging away. Art is higher up the unit list than Bill and Fred and is depleting rounds, so Bert is always topping Art off and so never servicing Bill or Fred.

(NB, there is no reason to park in the same hex as an ammo unit, as 1 hex has the exact same supply effect as being at 0 hexes. Not unless you desire to be guaranteed to feel the full effect of Bert should he happen to explode, anyhow. Being 1 hex away from an ammo explosion is a little better than being at 0 hexes! )

Andy
Old September 26th, 2009, 08:43 PM

Corporal

Mobryan is on a distinguished road

[quote=Mobhack;712162]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
(NB, there is no reason to park in the same hex as an ammo unit, as 1 hex has the exact same supply effect as being at 0 hexes. Not unless you desire to be guaranteed to feel the full effect of Bert should he happen to explode, anyhow. Being 1 hex away from an ammo explosion is a little better than being at 0 hexes! )

Andy
Unless, of course, you are taking advantage of some terrain feature that has created a very small LOS shadow. It's rather surprising how many of those 1 hex shadows happen or can be easily created on the European maps.

Matt
Old September 26th, 2009, 11:42 PM

Captain

gila is on a distinguished road

Maybe he is trying to supply too many and too soon for units which may have reduced but adequate ammo?

Most Tanks and infantry have more than enough for a battle, topping them off is a waste of time and strategy,best to leave the ammo units near Arty parks where they belong.
Old September 27th, 2009, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gila View Post
Maybe he is trying to supply too many and too soon for units which may have reduced but adequate ammo?

Most Tanks and infantry have more than enough for a battle, topping them off is a waste of time and strategy,best to leave the ammo units near Arty parks where they belong.
You may need to have an ammo unit near the front to top up critical ammo though. or simply rip through it so fast that you require such - my BA-20 scout cars are down to 18 or so rounds less than half way through my first LC battle versus the Japanese as Nationalist China for example. And they come with 120 MG bursts!

And that might also be his source of confusion, come to think of it.

Ammo loads in "bin" order, as it is an array of 2 by 4 elements
HE is bin 0, and AP is bin 1.
There are 4 weapon slots, 0-3.

So weapon 0 fills HE, then AP. Followed by weapons 1-3 in ammo bin order.

HEAT and APCR are not in the ammo array - they seem to have been added later on as individual bytes in the unit template data. (That is why they only apply to weapon slot No 1, and why all the kludgery with 222 HEAT codes had to be tacked on later to allow for panzerfausts etc in non slot 1 weapons). I have not checked the code, but the HEAT and APCR bins may well load after the regular ammo array.

Smoke dischargers are attributes, and not considered ammo. They do not load from ammo trucks. (Hmm thinks - they do exist in Mobhack as a template value per-unit so could be reloaded - the code knows what X was originally - I may look into that one).

Same with smoke rounds - they are a unit attribute (like a radio), and not an ammo item tied to any weapon slot as such. So don't get refreshed by ammo units. (Smoke could never be reloaded since the amount of ammo is generated at game start for each unit randomly, and no account is kept of that number. It is not an ammo value stored in unit template data - it is not available in Mobhack as an item. So an ammo unit could never top it up as it does not know what the original X was to top to).

So - if the original poster is waiting for HEAT or HVAP, then he will need to wait on the entire weapons bin filling first. And if he expects smoke or S/D to reload, he will be whistling for a quite a while !.

Cheers
Andy