This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old November 9th, 2002, 10:59 AM

Corporal

Dead Meat is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Babylon 5 Mod

B5 DVD includes 6 DVDs....... If you want to be suprised don't read any more.....
Disks 1, 4, & 6 have the goodies. With 6 being the keeper. I havn't looked at 1 & 4 yet. But from what I have seen of disk 6 fills me with a warm feeling all over.....er sorry. Theirs a Series Introduction and 2 commentaries on key episodes by J. M. Straczynski. I havn't seen them yet. And i'm not going to tell you the episodes either.

Like I said, disk 6 has the bonus materials (which is where i headed first ) It has The Making of B5 Vintage Documentary, Back to B5 New Documentary, The Universe of B5, and a Virtual Station Tour (under Universe of B5). The first two i'm not going to tell you about. But I did go over the Universe of B5. Its nice, theirs some "new" info, but most is stuff taken from the shows. The Universe of B5 has 4 Groups:

1) Data Files - info about orgnizations,events, and a importan battle, and the Shadow (more on them in a bit).

2)Station Tour - info about parts of the station (duh)

3)Personnel Files - Info about the main people both station personal and Diplomats. Dose include Kosh's Last name (which i did not know he had one).

4)Tech Files - Info on ships; EA, Aliens Raiders, Jump Gates, and starfurys.

All of the Universe of B5 files are about 1 minute long and very general. They show both live footage and Computer Graphics. The live stuff looked abit fuzzy and grainy but thats to be expected. Note that it does look better than the first B5 DVD that came out. The Computer stuff looked sharp. (I'm on a LCD screen for my PC so that adds to some bluring). Their are also some small bug if its played on a PC.

Now, I did find something very intresting about the shadows which has to relate to the topic that we had 2 weeks ago. You remember the one? Its the lovely topic of weither or not the shadow can cloak or not. Well, the info about the shadows didn't go into great amount of detail (showed them kicking butt alot though ) but she (the speaker) said that the "shadows have stealth techology to hide them till they attack". As she was saying this we are shown various shadow battle crabs "uncloaking" and shooting. Does this prove that they can cloak? I don't know, but its another log on the fire. (Did i mention they where kicking butt?)

Well thats the short Version of it. I didn't want to give all of the stuff away. If you want to know more let me know.
Old November 10th, 2002, 01:37 AM

Sergeant

Lighthorse is on a distinguished road

Pathfinder,

There were only six other races left in my present game, turn 190. I'm checked each one and found the following;
Centaui and EA have not yet started on any of they racial technologys. Start both of them researching they rscials tech's.

Same for League of Nonaligned Worlds. Start the league researching Abbai and Drazi tiny and light weapons, populsion, ship const., etc.

Technomage Brotherhood had NO RESEARCH Centers at all, there no helping them.

Minbari Federation needed only a littlie assistance to directed they research to molecular weapon and heavy Minbari weapons.

Vorlon already have they racial weapon, but what they really needed was research B5 Ancient tech fir rock colony and colony ships. and finished Electromagnatic weapon.

Lighthorse
Old November 10th, 2002, 02:21 AM

Major General

pathfinder is on a distinguished road

Val: I'll zip those files up and e-mail them shortly. They are from the Nishino-parts...still don't remember where I got them.

Oh and one more thang....could you list the ancient techs that show up in ruins so I can put them into the research files

Abbai: oops, that purpl-ish was a gel-looking overlay on one of the frigates...what other color were you trying to get. Maybe I can switch it then send to you for tyding up..

I goofed up the Cascor troopinfantry pics...you want the fix? They were just placeholder ones....

[ November 09, 2002, 12:46: Message edited by: pathfinder ]
Old November 10th, 2002, 02:30 AM

Major General

Oh...where does one get this dvd set
Old November 10th, 2002, 02:37 AM

Major General

Lighthorse: Odd, I start both the Centauri race weapons very early (within first 10 techs to research. EA lasers and pulse take awhile (but NOT 190 turns!) to get those going but they should have at least the first level or 3 of them by turn 190...

and I have NOT touched the LNAW....with so many races techs I did not know where to start...

[ November 10, 2002, 00:38: Message edited by: pathfinder ]
Old November 10th, 2002, 03:07 AM

Corporal

Dead Meat is on a distinguished road

PF: I got mine Online (per-ordered) But they should be in store where ever good DVD's are found . Cost is about $75 to $95.
Old November 10th, 2002, 07:10 AM

Corporal

Nomor is on a distinguished road

Deadmeat: I just want to check the DVD alien info against the descriptions done for the mod, however it would be nice if their was a better picture for the Hurr portrait.

Timestone:: These links take you to ship board scanning shots, all Minbari, but not I think what you wanted. There is a better picture of the Minbari Scanner from the Council chamber that I sent to Val, he might be able to post it, the link is no longer available.

I don't really think there are any shots of sensor arrays, but if you can think of an episode where you saw one I might get lucky. It may be possible to get something from the DVD extras at a latter stage if they do a technology feature.

What exactly are you looking for, ship component or land based Radar type thingy? If the latter then the web should have plenty of pictures under Radio Telescope searches.

http://b5ccg.mahasamatman.com/GreatWar/Gallery/?062 Minbari looking into headsup display.

http://b5ccg.mahasamatman.com/PsiCorps/Gallery/?039 Part of Minbari Scanner above council head.

Val: Just had my first RCE at 2449.1 or turn # 491 , not bad, don't know what caused it, but have the save game at turn 490. Played EA quickstart game.

It looks like the R2 DVD is cheaper in the UK. $75 x 5 series... ouch!

[ November 10, 2002, 05:21: Message edited by: Nomor ]
Old November 10th, 2002, 07:24 AM

Sergeant

Lighthorse is on a distinguished road

Pathfinder,

Odd, I start both the Centauri race weapons very early (within first 10 techs to research. EA lasers and pulse take awhile (but NOT 190 turns!) to get those going but they should have at least the first level or 3 of them by turn 190

This is what Centauri have by turn 190 for weapons;
Centauri Med and Heavy weapons
Most of the general weapon
Ballistic weapon Lv1
Plasma Lv5
PD lv1
Particle Lv2
Explosive WH Lv1
Matter Lv1
Smaller Lv1
Laser Lv1
Armor Lv1

I redirected they research to additional levels of Ballistic weapons, Last level for Centauri racial technology, Ship construction, propulsion, to name a few.
I thought the Centauri weren't developing they racial technology and research far enought by turn 190, that all. If you designed PF, I supported your effort 100%. I was only trying to point out what I thought was a weakest in the AI research that all.
I am trying to assist your effort by play testing the AI, since I can not help program it. For I'm do not know to program, period.

Lighthorse
Old November 10th, 2002, 07:39 AM

Major General

NP Lighthorse, I appreciate the input. I was just surprised the EA and Centauri were that far back so to speak.

I guess my own style shows through in AI research design. I go for a balance of weapons/ship research with infrastructure. I usually run out of stuff early on in "vanilla" SEIV, so I take a "conservative" approach.

[ November 10, 2002, 05:42: Message edited by: pathfinder ]
Old November 10th, 2002, 01:05 PM

Brigadier General

Timstone is on a distinguished road

Nomor: Thanks for the links. I really meant a shipbased scannerdevice. But the minbari scanner can be used for the telepatic scanner thingie. Most usefull. Yes, yes, there's a idea growing in my mind. Hope it will work out.

So, if someone can give a pic of some shipbased scanners of radar devices, please post me.

Men may control the free world, but women control the boobs.
Brent in Plaver vs. Player