World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old December 1st, 2005, 08:44 AM

Private

DingoSaar is on a distinguished road
Default Win2k Problem

Hi!
I have got a problem with WinSP:MBT 2.5DL.

My machine runs Win2k with an ATI Radeon 9660 graphics adaptor and two monitors attached to it.
In order to start the game, I must log in as administrator and disable one monitor.

Then, however, the game terminates after 3-7 times of play time without any comment. It does not give any debug messages.

There are no "screen flashes", either, so this seems not to be related to that bug.

Has anybody encountered this bug, too, and found a workaround? As I got stuck with SP2, finding WinSP:MBT for me was very good news - if it'd run. :-((((

Yours
Ralf Hagen
Old December 1st, 2005, 04:07 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Win2k Problem

Windows 2000 is not one of the supported operating systems (XP, 98(all flavours), may even run on W95 (??)).

Some folks have got the thing to run on Win2K however, and may be able to give you hints.

Immediate Action:
Disable all sound, and see if it then works. (If so it is a sound card or CODEC problem on your installation, or your sound card cannot handle multiple MP3 streams.)

- Disable the mouse clck sound on the GameOptions Misc tab (Interface Mouse click -> OFF)
- In the game main menu, open the preferences screen and disable both sound options - BATTLE FX and SOUND FX.

If the game then works, you have some sort of sound problem on your box, which you will need to sort out (e.g. by converting to WAV sound file format as described in the sticky thread, using goldwave or similar, and using a modified sounds INI file).

Cheers
Andy