.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars > Multiplayer & AARs

Old January 12th, 2005, 12:55 AM

General

Ironhawk is on a distinguished road
Default MP Game: Age of Men - Completed - Arco wins!

This game will be a themed game which will focus on the power of human/mortal armies, rather than the power of battlefield magic and the SC. Details as follows...

House Rules:
1) Only human pretenders.

2) Only recruitable commanders can be used as SCs.

3) Only 1 mage per 25 troops allowed in combat

Game Server:
IP: benatar.snurgle.org
port: 2001

Game Settings: [*]Indys: 7 [*]Research: Very Hard [*]Site Freq: 60 [*]HoF: 15 [*]Graphs: On [*]Victory: Standard [*]Map: Karan [*]Timing: Quickhost only (will move to 24hr/48hr if players are slow)

Mods: Age of Men Mods
Zens pretender, spell, and scale mods. Age of Men Mod (big battlefield and strategic artillery spells harder to cast, more supply and gold to support big armies, some items removed)

Banned Nations:
Jotunhiem and all unholy nations (Ermor, Pangea CW, Ulm BF, Ctis DT)

Player List: [*]Arco - Ironhawk [*]Machaka - Msew [*]Marginon - Cohen [*]Tien'Chi S&A - Quantum[*]Man - Tomahawk (Sheap has taken over)[*]Pangea NE - Wazooking [*]Mictlan - Yellow Cactus

Some particulars about house rules that came up when discussing the game. Summoned commanders cannot use any magic items aside from magic boosters (blood thorn is being removed from the game tho) and ranged weapons. If, during fighting, an army is reduced below the mage:troop ratio, the mages must immediately retreat to the nearest friendly fort. I will mod a High Priest unit into any players (base) nation who has only mage+priest units so that priests can be deployed in combat at will without using a mage "slot".
Old January 12th, 2005, 01:00 AM

General

Default Re: New Game: Age of Men

I'll be playing Pythium.

And on a side note, for the purposes of house rule #3 it was decided that communicants have to count as a "mage". Otherwise the pythium mages would be far too powerful compared to other nations due to the restrictions on number.
Old January 12th, 2005, 01:04 AM

Corporal

msew is on a distinguished road

machaka
Old January 12th, 2005, 11:48 AM

Captain

Cohen is on a distinguished road

I'd try Marignon

What about modding magic summoned guys to have no slots, but to boost their base magic (ie an Earth King has no slots but start with 6 Earth magic).

About "only recruitable" commanders can be used as SCs, this means I can give to my ie Arch Angel casting fire spells boots of quickness, items for recuperation of fatigue and so on? (cause they're not SCs items). Or you mispelled and intended only recruitable commanders can be equipped?
- The Enemy of the SC and all the overpowered and unbalanced things.
Old January 12th, 2005, 01:00 PM

Private

Tomahawk is on a distinguished road

I'll play as Man.... Lee

PS this is weird, but I used some other guy named Tomahawk's login and password. They sent me his info when i joined as a new user "Tomahawk." I decided not to check his private Messages.
Old January 12th, 2005, 04:38 PM

Lieutenant General

quantum_mechani is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Cohen said:
I'd try Marignon

What about modding magic summoned guys to have no slots, but to boost their base magic (ie an Earth King has no slots but start with 6 Earth magic).

I think that would be an enormous amount of work.
Quote:

About "only recruitable" commanders can be used as SCs, this means I can give to my ie Arch Angel casting fire spells boots of quickness, items for recuperation of fatigue and so on? (cause they're not SCs items). Or you mispelled and intended only recruitable commanders can be equipped?
IMO, as long as the items are usefull for spellcasting and
the player is not scripting them as an SC, it is ok.

I'll take T'ien Ch'i.
Old January 12th, 2005, 04:42 PM

Corporal

Wazooking is on a distinguished road

I would like to be playing Pangaea (New Era)
Which Versions of Zens pretender, spell, and scale mods are we using? And will the Age of Men mod conflict with Zens' spell mod?
Old January 12th, 2005, 06:11 PM

General

Yeah, it's too much work to do this Cohen. In my limited modding experience you would need to pull up every summoned unit and manually mod out its slots and improve its stats. There is no way to do it automatically that I am aware of.

About equipping summoned units: I stated further down in the original post that "Summoned commanders cannot use any magic items aside from magic boosters (blood thorn is being removed from the game tho) and ranged weapons". So boots of quickness etc would not be allowed.

Quote:
Cohen said:

Old January 12th, 2005, 06:16 PM

General

I see what you are getting at Quantum, but where do you draw the line. Boots of quickness and Cloak of Shadows are great for spellcasters. But put them on the right summoned commander and put him way in front of your troops instead of behind so he draws enemy troops to him and suddenly he is an SC even tho you have only scripted him to cast spells.

I think to just make 100% sure that there is no abuse of this we should just outlaw all items except for boosters and missle weapons on summoned commanders.

Quote:
quantum_mechani said:

Old January 12th, 2005, 06:26 PM

Lieutenant General

quantum_mechani is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Ironhawk said:
I see what you are getting at Quantum, but where do you draw the line. Boots of quickness and Cloak of Shadows are great for spellcasters. But put them on the right summoned commander and put him way in front of your troops instead of behind so he draws enemy troops to him and suddenly he is an SC even tho you have only scripted him to cast spells.

I think to just make 100% sure that there is no abuse of this we should just outlaw all items except for boosters and missle weapons on summoned commanders.

Quote:
quantum_mechani said:

I understand if it would make it too complicated. However I see a big dividing live between reienvig. items, and say, cloak of shadows. Some directly help the mage cast spells,
others just make him harder to kill/do more damage in melee.