This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old March 3rd, 2007, 05:49 PM

Corporal

Beck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT: Cyber Nation

I seen the ASL Starters Kits being played at the WBC but haven't actually tried them. I heard a lot of good things about how they're setup for newbies though.
Old March 3rd, 2007, 06:17 PM

Corporal

JeffGeorge is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Beck said:
I seen the ASL Starters Kits being played at the WBC but haven't actually tried them. I heard a lot of good things about how they're setup for newbies though.
Yeah, it's really cool how Curt Schilling took an active part in saving that franchise. Ah, the WBC. I remember attending the very first Avaloncon. Those were the days!

Jeff
Old March 3rd, 2007, 06:34 PM

Corporal

I remember there was a Phillies homestand during an Avaloncon and Curt had his pitching rotation changed so he could attend and play ASL! That's why he helped startup Minuteman Publishing, so he could feed his addiction. Boy, don't I wish I had some of his loose change to feed my addictions.
Old March 3rd, 2007, 06:56 PM

Corporal

JeffGeorge is on a distinguished road

Not to pick nits, but I believe it's Multiman Publishing(http://www.multimanpublishing.com/index1.php).

So, are you an east coaster then? I'm not far from Philly or the famous Hunt Valley, MD.

Jeff
Old March 3rd, 2007, 07:21 PM

Corporal

You're right. It is Multiman not sure where my memory came up with Minuteman. Yes, I grew up outside of Philly in Chester County and once I left home I lived in Delaware for 10 years. Now I'm up in New Hampshire.
Old March 4th, 2007, 05:41 AM

General

capnq is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Randallw said: Personally I thought the whole point was a couple of friends here were making an alliance together.
Didn't think to comment on this until someone else quoted it.

Just because people are friends doesn't mean they have compatible play styles. CW thinks war is the only interesting part of the game; I think the war mechanics look boring and of questionable efficiency in building your nation.

With no real financial commitment involved in playing, I can afford to ally with nations who follow a risky strategy like cattle raiding, but if this were not a free game, I'm not sure how long I'd stay in an alliance as aggressive as the Protectorate has turned out to be.

"Good morning, Pooh Bear," said Eeyore gloomily. "If it is a good morning," he said. "Which I doubt," said he.
Old March 4th, 2007, 10:50 AM

Private

Forlorn_Hope is on a distinguished road

Well, thankfully, it IS a free game In other news, some of you may have noticed that I got bit back pretty hard on one of my cattle raids. Peace has been declared, but Wilhelmia has a little rebuilding to do. Wilhelmia will probably pull another raid tomorrow to recoup some expenses xD
Old March 4th, 2007, 04:53 PM

Major General

Strategia_In_Ultima is on a distinguished road

Well, this is going very well isn't it I've sent four trade offers to as many nations and have just withdrawed them, after about two or three days. I have yet to receive anything period, except auto-generated spam from miscellaneous strangers wanting a trade (which always use the exact same formatting) and one message asking for my vote in a senate election. I'll try and make something out of it, but I do seem to be lagging behind in just about everything, together with a bunch of other forgotten nations on the bottom of the list.

My nation is called Neo-Athenia, btw.
Old March 4th, 2007, 07:10 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Will is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Strategia_In_Ultima said:
I have yet to receive anything period, except auto-generated spam from miscellaneous strangers wanting a trade (which always use the exact same formatting)
You should know that those trade offers you sent use the exact same auto-generated message that you got from strangers. If you get one, as long as the stranger is on the same team (Aqua), you should just accept it for now. The bonuses you get for accepting are worth a lot more than waiting for putting together all the resources you want long-term.
Old March 5th, 2007, 03:36 AM

Captain

AgentZero is on a distinguished road

Strategia, I've got a couple open trade slots, but since we share a resource in common (Pigs) it wouldn't be the most profitable agreement. I'd say at this point your best bet would be to accept agreements from other Team Aqua members, or find your own.
Go to the Trade Agreements page, and search for Aqua under Nation Team. This'll bring up a list of everyone in Team Aqua. In the collumn for Resources, you'll see two icons representing their resources, and a little green checkmark under the two icons. If you hover your cursor over the green checkmark, it'll pop up with a little box telling you how many Total, Active and Pending trades someone has. Pick someone with less than 3 active trades and different resources to yourself, and send them a proposal. In my experience they're generally accepted, though prone to being randomly cancelled with no explanation. Such is life.